I'm going to start playing heads/up lhe, and some nlhe. I'm probably going to do so exclusively. I've found my hourly rate is like a bajillion-fold my Full-Ring rate. Even though I usually just play 2 tables headsup, I still win so much more. I was thinking about keeping track of my results, and posting a ton of hands here for anybody that wants to discuss H/U hands. Anyone interested? Formats? Etc? Suggestions?Wang

Im not intersted in playing any other fcpers hu for any real money, but I would be very interested in some hu hands posted here. It would also be interesting to hear how proifitable hu could be in the long term. Ive thought about getting into headsup LHE after I rounded off the edges more in my 6-Max LHE and O8 games.

Im not intersted in playing any other fcpers hu for any real money, but I would be very interested in some hu hands posted here. It would also be interesting to hear how proifitable hu could be in the long term. Ive thought about getting into headsup LHE after I rounded off the edges more in my 6-Max LHE and O8 games.
No no no, I wouldn't be playing anyone here. The biggest problem with H/U games is finding consistent cash games at the stakes you're looking for.Wang
I'm going to start playing heads/up lhe, and some nlhe. I'm probably going to do so exclusively. I've found my hourly rate is like a bajillion-fold my Full-Ring rate. Even though I usually just play 2 tables headsup, I still win so much more. I was thinking about keeping track of my results, and posting a ton of hands here for anybody that wants to discuss H/U hands. Anyone interested? Formats? Etc? Suggestions?Wang
I'd be interested in reading up on your results. It seems like HU is the way to make money after seeing most of the top young online players playing almost exclusively LHU.

Problem is that the kinds of people who tend to play heads up are usually not the ones you want to play. The people you want to play against usually get pissed off at your aggression and leave quickly. Once in a while you get lucky and find someone who is too stubborn to leave, but it's rare.And most rake structures do not accomodate smaller stakes. Rake at 2/4 heads up can end up equalling in the area of 6BB/100 if it's capped at 50 cents, or far more if it's capped at a dollar.

Problem is that the kinds of people who tend to play heads up are usually not the ones you want to play. The people you want to play against usually get pissed off at your aggression and leave quickly. Once in a while you get lucky and find someone who is too stubborn to leave, but it's rare.And most rake structures do not accomodate smaller stakes. Rake at 2/4 heads up can end up equalling in the area of 6BB/100 if it's capped at 50 cents, or far more if it's capped at a dollar.
I'd probably be playing high enough so that if I have an edge I'll be able to overcome the rake.Wang

Heads-up Hold em is good stuff.I play it often.But unless I am in a heads-up tourney, it is tough to find a victim that is willing to play with me for an extended period of time.Where will you be playing?--cm

Heads-up Hold em is good stuff.I play it often.But unless I am in a heads-up tourney, it is tough to find a victim that is willing to play with me for an extended period of time.Where will you be playing?--cm
This is part of the thing. I dunno. But I think if I get high enough it might be possible. Wang
This is part of the thing. I dunno. But I think if I get high enough it might be possible. Wang
I would check it out, I would think you would have to play 5/10 or maybe even 10/20 for rake not to eat you alive.
Even at 15/30 it's roughly 1.5BB/100 in rake paid per person.Just dont be scared to hop out if the other guy is adapting well.
Couldn't do that.... If I'm losing, I'd be playing to make my opponent hurt, attrition-style.Wang