Big Hand On The Short Stack

I've been fighting from the short stack for a while, but I've been able to stay patient. I'm currently around 250 out of 290 (1850 started). The top 250 or so get paid, but my goal is to win.Table '36191925 162' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: jaytee2 (3865 in chips) Seat 2: tommytight (4995 in chips) Seat 3: frankhsum (15173 in chips) Seat 4: Mystykal (4600 in chips) Seat 5: SeHa1985 (3367 in chips) Seat 6: scootz007 (6129 in chips) Seat 7: Arthur Dent (8866 in chips) Seat 8: Jason728 (33466 in chips) Seat 9: PkrPlayer (26446 in chips) jaytee2: posts the ante 25tommytight: posts the ante 25frankhsum: posts the ante 25Mystykal: posts the ante 25SeHa1985: posts the ante 25scootz007: posts the ante 25Arthur Dent: posts the ante 25Jason728: posts the ante 25PkrPlayer: posts the ante 25Arthur Dent: posts small blind 200Jason728: posts big blind 400*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Mystykal [Ks Kh]The blinds are going to 300-600 soon. They may or may not get to me at 200-400.1. Do I push here or not ?My thinking was... I normally would have made my usual raise of 3X, leaving me with 3400, but the big blind (tourney chip leader) was loose passive. I thought I could get him to call with, worst case for me, ace high. 2. If I make my normal raise and get one call, do I still push if an ace hits the flop?3. Do I still push pre-flop if I thought I may not get any callers with a normal raise?Thank you.

I've been fighting from the short stack for a while, but I've been able to stay patient. I'm currently around 250 out of 290 (1850 started). The top 250 or so get paid, but my goal is to win.Table '36191925 162' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: jaytee2 (3865 in chips) Seat 2: tommytight (4995 in chips) Seat 3: frankhsum (15173 in chips) Seat 4: Mystykal (4600 in chips) Seat 5: SeHa1985 (3367 in chips) Seat 6: scootz007 (6129 in chips) Seat 7: Arthur Dent (8866 in chips) Seat 8: Jason728 (33466 in chips) Seat 9: PkrPlayer (26446 in chips) jaytee2: posts the ante 25tommytight: posts the ante 25frankhsum: posts the ante 25Mystykal: posts the ante 25SeHa1985: posts the ante 25scootz007: posts the ante 25Arthur Dent: posts the ante 25Jason728: posts the ante 25PkrPlayer: posts the ante 25Arthur Dent: posts small blind 200Jason728: posts big blind 400*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Mystykal [Ks Kh]PkrPlayer: folds jaytee2: folds tommytight: folds frankhsum: folds Mystykal: raises 4175 to 4575 and is all-inSeHa1985: folds scootz007: folds Arthur Dent: folds Jason728: calls 4175The blinds are going to 300-600 soon. They may or may not get to me at 200-400.1. Do I push here or not ?My thinking was... I normally would have made my usual raise of 3X, leaving me with 3400, but the big blind (tourney chip leader) was loose passive. I thought I could get him to call with, worst case for me, ace high. 2. If I make my normal raise and get one call, do I still push if an ace hits the flop?3. Do I still push pre-flop if I thought I may not get any callers with a normal raise?Thank you.
What have you done recently (ie since you became a noticeably short stack) on hands youve played?If you have no history I would min-raise. No one is going to know if that means you have a monster trying to attract callers, or a middling hand trying to take down the pot without risking to much if you are raised.If you have been pushing, continue pushing.If youve been standard raising, continue that.Once you drop below an M of 5 push. Its too obvious that you want callers if you bet anything less.Youre playing this had all the way, no matter what flops.
What have you done recently (ie since you became a noticeably short stack) on hands youve played?If you have no history I would min-raise. No one is going to know if that means you have a monster trying to attract callers, or a middling hand trying to take down the pot without risking to much if you are raised.If you have been pushing, continue pushing.If youve been standard raising, continue that.Once you drop below an M of 5 push. Its too obvious that you want callers if you bet anything less.Youre playing this had all the way, no matter what flops.
nah.. if you are first to open I make a standard raise to 1200.. if i'm in EP I limp ( but that depends on the table).. then when someone comes over the top( and they often do) I jam... I dont think pushing here is very smart and you watn to encourage some action. Players dont think on this level" Its too obvious that you want callers if you bet anything less".. sure the good players will realize this.. but there is plenty of donkeys in these tournies waiting to double you up.
nah.. if you are first to open I make a standard raise to 1200.. if i'm in EP I limp ( but that depends on the table).. then when someone comes over the top( and they often do) I jam... I dont think pushing here is very smart and you watn to encourage some action. Players dont think on this level" Its too obvious that you want callers if you bet anything less".. sure the good players will realize this.. but there is plenty of donkeys in these tournies waiting to double you up.
At the late stages of the tourneys I play in the donkeys are few and far between. there isnt a chance that a bet size inconsistent with stack size would go unnoticed.

at that stage, the go hard or go home approach is definitely the right one. if people are calling the short all ins with a high rate of frequency, shoveroo. if not, i like the always risky limp (min raises are fishy, i agree) to try to get as much money in there as possible.and the first reply was right--you're not likely folding any flop, unless it's like axx and there's a bet and a raise in front.

As copernicus alluded, it really depends on your recent activity and your standard activity....if you've been open pushing, a standard raise then looks suspicious.I'll give you an example from Sunday morning.Blinds are 50/100.I have 900 chips. With on limper, I push with KJ...nobody calls.I have 1200 chips...two hands later I push with 55...I get called by QT...big stack...they hold up.I have 2700ish chips...still 50/100...very next hand I get AA.I open push...low and behold someone doesn't believe me and I double up again.If I hadn't pushed those two earlier hands I would have raised it to 500-600, to get some action...because of my previous play I was pretty sure someone would look me up (conversely, if I had had KJ or 55 again I probably would have folded).

QFT...do what you normally do, if you haven't played a hand in a while limping is in order more so than min raising.