• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never got confirmation on the 5 mice in 5 minutes riddle, but I think I was correct there. This means two for me! I guess I'm not Retarded after all!
you done good-1 retard pointsbut sincve the DN riddle was already posted I can't take your word for comming up with the answer.NO RETARD POINTS FOR YOU!
I saw that LLY was on it, and I got caught in a Wikipedia vortex.Here's where I ended up. Graham's number: It is massive, like huge. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham%27s_numberYou can't even write the thing in scientific notation, because "because even the digits in the exponent would exceed the number of particles in the visible universe".
Graham's number is like my favorite mathematical thing ever. I've slipped in a few Graham's number references on the Forums when no one's looking."What are the chances of him hitting that two outer on the river?!?!?""About one in Graham's number."The best part about Graham's number is the fact that it is an upper bound. That would be like me telling my girlfriend that she doesn't look fat in that dress because she's smaller than a blue whale.
My head asplode.
That's nothing. What'll really bake your noodle is this:So, we agree that there are infinite natural numbers (1,2,3... etc). Obviously, right? And we agree that there are infinitely many real numbers (as in every possible decimal expansion with negatives and zero included). But what if we are only talking about integers (... -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3...). Are there more integers than natural numbers (1, 2, 3...). You will probably at first guess say yes, because integers include negatives. So, there are twice as many. But mathematically, you'd be wrong. There are the same number. How do we know? Well, the definition of the type of infinity that we're talking about is being able to count the infinite amount of things that we're talking about. In other words, if you can use natural numbers (1, 2, 3... etc) to count something, even if there is infinitely many of that thing, then there is the same amount of that thing than there are natural numbers (infinitely many, but the same type of infinity). I would propose that it would be easy to count all the integers by assigning them natural numbers (this is called mapping, or more specifically one to one correspondence mapping, or using a bijection). As an example, I would just label 0 with a 1, 1 with a 2, -1 with a 3, 2 with a 4, -2 with a 5, 3 with a 6, -3 with a 7, etc. If you do this, there is no doubt as to which number each integer would get (it would take you a while to actually figure it out maybe but the answer would be definite). So, there are therefore the same number of integers as there are natural numbers. Cool, isn't it.(if you really want to shoot yourself in the face, consider the rational numbers, or every number that can be described by a fraction of integers)
That's nothing. What'll really bake your noodle is this:. But what if we are only talking about integers....
nah that stuff isn't that cool, infinity blows. Pi is the shiznit, it's everywhere, close second would be e, but Pi makes the world go round, I love Pi, I'm in it for Pi!and following the riddle theme but not at all reallyrootofallproblemslm7.jpg
I never got confirmation on the 5 mice in 5 minutes riddle, but I think I was correct there. This means two for me! I guess I'm not Retarded after all!
I answered that one Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before you.
FINEyou're at heaven's gate, which is actually a room with 2 identical doors ,1 goes to hell and 1 goes to heaven, and 2 identical bouncers guard the doors. 1 is the devil and he always lies and 1 is st-peter and he always tell the truth. You can only ask 1 question to 1 of them, but you don't know if if the door the devil/st-peter is standing in front of is heaven or hell, but they know which door is behind them. What is your 1 question to 1 of them?
Simple. Ask one if troyo is gay, if he says yes, he is teh saint. If he says no, then he is the devil.
5:33 PM[/b]' post='1558433']I think I win. If 5 different cats are eating five different mice, and it takes them 5 minutes to eat them, then it takes 5 minutes for each cat to eat their mouse, so no matter how many cats you have, it takes them 5 minutes.Right? I might be more retarded than wang, but it's a close call.
10:28 PM[/b]' post='1559169']I think it would still be 5 minutes because it would take each cat 5 minutes to eat his respectful mouse. Therefore, as long as #cats=#mice, the actual # is irrelevent. My answer is 5 minutes.
Your Retarded. Go check page eleven. Unless I'm missing something.
for the one i posted a while ago, 5 minutes is correctIf it takes one man 3 hours to dig a hole. How long would it take 3 men to dig half of a hole
1/2 hour.If by "half a hole" you mean one half as deep as the one it takes one man 3 hours to dig
ZOMGWTFROFLMAOQFTPOTDAINECGGVNHIGHN!!11!1!I can't decipher your acronym though. Is it a riddle?
It's not code, my fingers are just to fat to hit the keys I want to, and I ended up hitting a lot of keys.
for the one i posted a while ago, 5 minutes is correctIf it takes one man 3 hours to dig a hole. How long would it take 3 men to dig half of a hole
Shouldn't it only take a second or 2? I mean even if they hole is only 1 inch wide or deep, it's still a hole.
There is no such thing as half a hole!Man, I'm so clever, if clever means "knowing many famous riddles that are actually trick questions."
There is no such thing as half a hole!Man, I'm so clever, if clever means "knowing many famous riddles that are actually trick questions."
This is one from page 1 that nobody has answer correctly yet, and yes, there IS an answera woman has two children, and a homocidal maniac tells her she can only keep one, which one does she let him kill?
This is one from page 1 that nobody has answer correctly yet, and yes, there IS an answera woman has two children, and a homocidal maniac tells her she can only keep one, which one does she let him kill?
GreatDane?Really though, I vaguely remember that the homocidal maciac is one of her sons, and she tells him to die?I've had enough coronas tonight to make beans jealous, so I'm probably retarded.
for the one i posted a while ago, 5 minutes is correct
Awesome!
GreatDane?Really though, I vaguely remember that the homocidal maciac is one of her sons, and she tells him to die?I've had enough coronas tonight to make beans jealous, so I'm probably retarded.Awesome!
GreatDane is also acceptablethe riddle is from the Family Guy episode 'E Peterbus Unum' in which Peter finds out he is not part of U.S. and thus, makes his own country called 'Petoria'The scene is at the very beginning of the episodePeter: Okay, here's a riddle, a woman has two children, and a homicidal maniac tells her she can only keep one. Which one does she let him kill?Brain: Peter, that's not a riddle...that's just terriblePeter: Wrong! The ugly one.
GreatDane is also acceptablethe riddle is from the Family Guy episode 'E Peterbus Unum' in which Peter finds out he is not part of U.S. and thus, makes his own country called 'Petoria'The scene is at the very beginning of the episodePeter: Okay, here's a riddle, a woman has two children, and a homicidal maniac tells her she can only keep one. Which one does she let him kill?Brain: Peter, that's not a riddle...that's just terriblePeter: Wrong! The ugly one.
This is me being a huge fan of Family Guy, feeling like a mrono for not knowing the answer. But I already explained why I didn't catch it. There is so much e-hate going on tonight, I am so entertained. I was thinking of playing some micro FullTilt, but I'd be too busy laughing at GreatDane to play well. Not that I do anyway, but meh.BAC: 8 coronas, .5 of a fifth of crown. Too bad I will hate myself when I have to wake up in five hours. It's worth it though!