• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about an infinite number of mice, and infinity^infinity number of cats? Whoa.I just blew your MINDWang
Well.Infinity^infinity is infinity. Therefore, it would still be 5 minutes. QED
Well.Infinity^infinity is infinity. Therefore, it would still be 5 minutes. QED
I think there's a were "echelon" thing that might be going on here, but I made that word up, so I'm almost surely wrong....WangPS- Hey, seriously, there's a thing about infinity vs. infinity^infinity being different, right? Like, a real actual thing? I'm not crazy, am I?
I think there's a were "echelon" thing that might be going on here, but I made that word up, so I'm almost surely wrong....WangPS- Hey, seriously, there's a thing about infinity vs. infinity^infinity being different, right? Like, a real actual thing? I'm not crazy, am I?
No. Infinity plus anything is still infinity. And infinity times anything is still infinity. Therefore, infinity^infinity=infinity. QED
No. Infinity plus anything is still infinity. And infinity times anything is still infinity. Therefore, infinity^infinity=infinity. QED
What about infinity^infinity plus eleventy brazillian cats and mice?How long would it take then?
I wouldn't be too sure about that...Mostly because I'm compltely unsure about that. But, seriously, I thought there was something math-style (Rod? Mr. Reynolds?) that held there were different degrees of infinity.Wang
PS- Hey, seriously, there's a thing about infinity vs. infinity^infinity being different, right? Like, a real actual thing? I'm not crazy, am I?
There are different degrees of infinity. For example, how many counting (natural) numbers are there? 1,2,3,4.... etc. There are infinity.But, how many real numbers are there. 1, 1.1, 1.2..... 5.64335..... 1000000874943.484844 etc. There are infinity of them, but clearly this infinity is a lot bigger than the one before. One way to determine how infinity something is is to "map" it to the natural numbers. In other words, if you can count something, or take every thing and label it with a counting number, then the infinity is the same infinity as the infinity of the natural numbers.This concept is called Cardinality.
There are different degrees of infinity. For example, how many counting (natural) numbers are there? 1,2,3,4.... etc. There are infinity.But, how many real numbers are there. 1, 1.1, 1.2..... 5.64335..... 1000000874943.484844 etc. There are infinity of them, but clearly this infinity is a lot bigger than the one before. One way to determine how infinity something is is to "map" it to the natural numbers. In other words, if you can count something, or take every thing and label it with a counting number, then the infinity is the same infinity as the infinity of the natural numbers.This concept is called Cardinality.
(score!!)
I wouldn't be too sure about that...Mostly because I'm compltely unsure about that. But, seriously, I thought there was something math-style (Rod? Mr. Reynolds?) that held there were different degrees of infinity.Wang
I saw that LLY was on it, and I got caught in a Wikipedia vortex.Here's where I ended up. Graham's number: It is massive, like huge. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham%27s_numberYou can't even write the thing in scientific notation, because "because even the digits in the exponent would exceed the number of particles in the visible universe". It's not even important what purpose this number serves, it's that big!And my name isn't even Rod Reynolds. Who knew?
You mean it's not because 7 was a robot?
Was this funny to anyone else? When I read it I started laughing my ass off, but then I looked at it again, and wasn't sure if I should have laughed or not.
No, that's right. Knock KnockWho's there?A robotOh, shit!I'm in love with these "Robot jokes for robots, by robots."
That was pretty damn funny too, lol.Here's a riddle I read in a penguin chocolate thing one time (those of you from England know what I'm talking about):What kind of cheese is made backwards?
Was this funny to anyone else? When I read it I started laughing my ass off, but then I looked at it again, and wasn't sure if I should have laughed or not.That was pretty damn funny too, lol.Here's a riddle I read in a penguin chocolate thing one time (those of you from England know what I'm talking about):What kind of cheese is made backwards?
edam
My head asplode.(Yes I am an idiot.)

you're in a room with 3 switches that light up 3 lights in an adjacent room that you can't see. Once you left the room with the switches you can no longer go back in it. Your job is to determine which switch lights up which bulb . How?

you're in a room with 3 switches that light up 3 lights in an adjacent room that you can't see. Once you left the room with the switches you can no longer go back in it. Your job is to determine which switch lights up which bulb . How?
this was in DN's blog awhile back

FINEyou're at heaven's gate, which is actually a room with 2 identical doors ,1 goes to hell and 1 goes to heaven, and 2 identical bouncers guard the doors. 1 is the devil and he always lies and 1 is st-peter and he always tell the truth. You can only ask 1 question to 1 of them, but you don't know if if the door the devil/st-peter is standing in front of is heaven or hell, but they know which door is behind them. What is your 1 question to 1 of them?

FINEyou're at heaven's gate, which is actually a room with 2 identical doors ,1 goes to hell and 1 goes to heaven, and 2 identical bouncers guard the doors. 1 is the devil and he always lies and 1 is st-peter and he always tell the truth. You can only ask 1 question to 1 of them, but you don't know if if the door the devil/st-peter is standing in front of is heaven or hell, but they know which door is behind them. What is your 1 question to 1 of them?
you ask what door will the other guy say is the correct door.if you are talking to the st.peter, his answer would be the other door.if you are talking to the devil, his answer would be the door behind me.
Methinks that you turn on a switch, wait ten minutes, then turn on a different switch. Go see which one is hot, and which one is on. There is your answer?I'm Wang/Beans drunk right now, so I may be retarded.
Methinks that you turn on a switch, wait ten minutes, then turn on a different switch. Go see which one is hot, and which one is on. There is your answer?I'm Wang/Beans drunk right now, so I may be retarded.
That's genious. I think you may be right.
That's genious. I think you may be right.
I never got confirmation on the 5 mice in 5 minutes riddle, but I think I was correct there. This means two for me! I guess I'm not Retarded after all!