Computer May Have Virus Or Something

so everytime I start up my laptop a little bubble in the corner says my computer is unsafe and so forth, and everytime I try an open the internet it brings me to a page that tells me I have a very serious virus and I cant get out of the page no matter what I click or type in the URL spac. Ive tried rebooting and giving it time, I have a virus scan up now but its yet to find anything. Also a hole bunch of pop ups continue to show upany suggestionsand to answer the question of ho i got on the internet I found some loop hole that lets me access the internet, but i still dont like all the virus thingies

sounds like spyware. run Ad Aware and SpyBot. should take care of it. if it doesn't, look at your list of installed programs in Settings->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs. Look for small (0-2 MB) programs that you don't recognize and look like malware. Sometimes spyware will install bs like this.Edit, also run the malicious software removal tool at microsoft.com. and make sure you have the latest security updates for windows.

First, realize that spyware you have is likely directing you to their page. Don't buy their crap. That's their scam.If mk's suggestion's don't solve your problem, learn about hijackthis.

so everytime I start up my laptop a little bubble in the corner says my computer is unsafe and so forth, and everytime I try an open the internet it brings me to a page that tells me I have a very serious virus and I cant get out of the page no matter what I click or type in the URL spac. Ive tried rebooting and giving it time, I have a virus scan up now but its yet to find anything. Also a hole bunch of pop ups continue to show upany suggestionsand to answer the question of ho i got on the internet I found some loop hole that lets me access the internet, but i still dont like all the virus thingies
I think I just found out how you got the virus.As a worst case scenario, save all files you need to CD, then reformat your hard drive.Good luck and have a nice holiday.

The thing telling you you have a virus? That IS the virus.How about a few more terms for spyware and viruses?Puss-wareChancre-wareSyphilis-wareIsleptwithaskankgotcrabsandatshirt-ware

Yup, if nothing else, format and put AVG free and Ad Aware on it and stop letting your laptop sleep with hookers.hijackthis is good. Also check out CWShredder. It takes out a few of those browser hijacker programs also.

I have a good buddy who runs a business fixing computers. He isn't cheap, but he can help. Today he is doing remote support.PM me if you want his website/phone #.

you could also try downloading a trial of etrust pestpatrol from CA... it's what we use in the computer shop I work at... run a full scan in safe mode and it should take care of it.

The thing telling you you have a virus? That IS the virus.How about a few more terms for spyware and viruses?Puss-wareChancre-wareSyphilis-wareIsleptwithROYALTOURgotcrabsandatshirt-ware
FYPOn a serious note, throwing your laptop into the pool and buying a new one is guaranteed to get you running again, virus free.