Official Suggestions Thread

I'm going to be real blunt with this one Bob: That's absolutely bogus. If they can't handle a spike in server load due to last minute tournament registrations, they have no right even running a poker network. And if they can't handle the spikes with one or two sites aboard right now, then the servers are DOA when everyone jumps on.And do they really think closing registration early is going to make a difference in the spike in the load due to last minute registrations? Maybe for the first couple weeks, as people adjust to the nuances of this network. After that? No. Everyone (save a few new players) will know to register at most 6 minutes before game time. It'll cause the same spike in server load as it would if they were to shorten that time frame to 1 minutes of non-registration a-la Full Tilt.If they REALLY want to kill spikes in the server load due to registrations in tournaments, they should allow for late registration up to 3 minutes after the tournament starts. That way, there's no real last minute rush to register. OR, they could be really smart, and invest in an army of Gentoo Linux servers to handle the backbone of the network, and this would be a complete non-issue.
It has nothing to do with the last minute entries. It has to do with the time it takes to process the entries to being active in the tournament from just being entered. I'm told that how things are it requires a delay from the time the entries are stopped to when the tournament starts. I'm not a techie but it takes time to seat everybody and start the tournament from the time the entries close. The problem is mostly one of perception and if you noticed last night's Neg O had the start time listed as 9PM which was the time registration closed and the cards started dealing 5 minutes later.They will work to decrease that 5 minutes.
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thing happened today that appears to be a bug. Was on the waiting list for a ring game. Saw the seat was open before I was notified and sat at it. About 15 minutes later a player left the table and the invitation to join the table appeared. When I declined it (since I was already there of course) the Join Waiting List button appeared on the screen and after that the table locked up. After a few minutes everyone had left the table (except me) and then another player joined and we continued on. Played one hand and then the next thing I know I try to put in a nice raise on the next one preflop but I only rec'd buttons as if it were fixed limit and the table was no limit on the previous hand. The only way I could get back to no limit was to leave the table and go back to it...weird.

add 1 or 2 bad beat bonus tables !!!!just one or two table's to start
I lol'd at this.I can see the email now."Congratulations, you have won the FullContactPoker BAD BEAT JACKPOT!Your account has been credited $9.75!!!!"Give the network a bit of time to get some players, then worry about building a jackpot.
  • 2 weeks later...

My apologies if this suggestion has already been made or was already in the works;Please add a method whereby a player may change his/her current password online, through a secure form, (perhaps in the cashier's account page, for example), that way they don't have to phone in, and tell a person what their current (secure) password is, and ask them to change it to something that has to be verbalized over the phone.Cool--looking forward to cleaning up Daniel's home game in the new year! :club:

I'm new to this site and have recently started playing here. I agree with many of the suggestions posted in this tread earlier and the ones I am going to post here now are mostly echoes of other earlier posts. Here it goes...

• I hate to go to a browser to get to the cashier. If that is necessary, please let it be my default browser and not IE.
  • The playernotes need to be improved. The suggestion when you click on a players namn and a new "note-window" pops-up is a nice one. Also it would be nice to see, with a small icon, which players on the table you have notes on.
  • The pre-select buttons when you play at a table need to be clearer. Maybe checkboxes like someone else suggested.
  • I can't seem to find a way to close the client other than to use the x in the right top corner. Maybe add this option to the "My Account menu"?
  • The all-in move is difficult to use with the slidebar. I always have a few chips left when i draw it to the maximum.
  • What's up with the buttons in the lobby? What do they do? This is not clear.
  • The chatfunction is in desperate need of an upgrade. The window is to small and the information provided by the dealer is to short. I want to be able to see the hand as it was played in the chat-window. It is also to small for the stats.
  • All the buttins that opens a browser-window should be in a menu in the lobby and none should be in the poker-rooms. I think it is annoying when I explore the client and the IE-window opens. Keep the tables neet.

These are just my two cents... some of these may already be in progress and I'm awaiting the rest :club:---edit---a last note: the tournament-window must go. It should be a piece of the "usual" client and not open a new window.

Hi again,here's another that may or may not have already been mentioned, but its an important one that i believe is a remnant from OnGame..at the turn, in NL games, the minimum bet is doubled, as it does in limit games, but should NOT in NL games. :club:

Over the last few days there have been requests from the rail for money. Disable rail chat for those who have insufficant funds to sit at the tableI played on a site that would allow a player to move his location relitive to the screen. This allowed a player who was playing 4 games to arrange his locations to top/bottem/right/left. I was a very good feature.

Couple of things I have seen or not seen:Live tourney standingsHaving player balances at the table with decimal places, not just whole dollar values.Being able to see who is playing & who is sitting out at a table.

The notes I add on certain players seem to disappear when i close and re-open the client. This sucks and needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm awaiting the first major update and I really hope it is soon...

The notes I add on certain players seem to disappear when i close and re-open the client. This sucks and needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm awaiting the first major update and I really hope it is soon...
Hi DrGrissom, thank you for your feedback. This issue is one that is known and on the list of things to fix.

Bob,One of the issues is more troublesome is the fact that players sit out for an unlimited time. There are so limited number of cash game rooms that when the one limit table is full with 3 people sitting out, it is very frustrating. I know that work is being done but it is getting hard to continue to wait for tables without going to another site that you can get on a table right away.Thanks.

Bob,One of the issues is more troublesome is the fact that players sit out for an unlimited time. There are so limited number of cash game rooms that when the one limit table is full with 3 people sitting out, it is very frustrating. I know that work is being done but it is getting hard to continue to wait for tables without going to another site that you can get on a table right away.Thanks.
Hi Coyote, that is being changed so that the maximum a player can sit out is 15 minutes.
this prob got addressed before....diff buy ins for mtts comign soon? just 1$, 2.75$, then 109 is kind of absurd
Hi Nick, that's exactly what I have spent a lot of time on today with my counterparts at the Network.We'll have the details in a few days but I think we'll have some new tournaments and promotions with them that you'll like.
Hi Nick, that's exactly what I have spent a lot of time on today with my counterparts at the Network.We'll have the details in a few days but I think we'll have some new tournaments and promotions with them that you'll like.
Bob,Thanks for doing all that you do. I am sure it has been much frustration and hard work for you the last couple of months. You are one of the reasons some of us are trying to wait it out. On a related note, got your email and am much appreciative for the help.EStormOk

Another thind that I find a bit disturbing is that the lobby don't remeber my settings when I start the client. I mean that it doesn't remeber that I don't want to see play money-tables and it doesn't remeber the order in which I want to display the tables. The same problems occur in the tournament lobby, which by the way I don't want a separate lobby for.Hopefully this will be fixed soon... Looking forward to the coming updates!

• 1 month later...

After a first test of the upgraded client i must say that you have made a pretty good job! :club: That said, I have some issues I would like to see being delt with. The problems you still hav concerns a few different areas:

1. During my session of 2½ hours the client threw me out twice. Not good, this is a big issue that needs to be taken care of as soon as possible!
  2. The notes seems to be working fine, but when I play several tabels at once i find myself getting really anoyed of the fact that when the other table pops-up when im typing a note I emidiatly start typing a chat message...
  3. Regarding the chatt I still would like to see a textarea to type in the chatt-messages
  4. The lobby doesn't remeber my settings regarding not to se play money tabels etc.
  5. Players seems to be able to sit out really long without being kicked off the table. You need a time limit for this and if you have one it needs to be shorter. One player was sitting out the entire session i played.
  6. I would like to see the note-system "out of the client". What I mean is that it should have a seperate little window where I can type the notes in peace and quiet.

These are the issues I would like to see being fixed really soon. Thanks for a great job with the first update! Looking forward to the next one...

• 1 month later...

Hi again. There are still some things that I believe you should fix asap. First of all I have to say that the sound that appears when it's my turn to act at a table is really annoying, please remove it at once. Another thing that needs to be done is that you should have a separate input field for the player chat. Furthermore I would like you to make the chat-window wider, as it is now its to small and when I look at my stats I can't see the whole thing. These things seems to me not be major issues implementing and I hope that I will see the changes in the clinet very soon.The things I want to be considered once more:

• The irritating sound that appears when it's my turn to act
  • Widen the chat-window and make a separate inputfield

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

some things i think you should add:1) the ability to have the slide bar move you all in.2) something in tournaments that shows you what current place you are in3) a better backround4) i like the idea someone said about showing what site you are on5) it would really be nice to have a tournament leaderboard.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any initiative underway to add other sites to grow the number of players on this Network? Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the reason FCP moved to this Network was because it allowed US players when Ongame did not? If that's true, now that this network also banned US players, would it not be more beneficial to FCP to move back to a higher traffic network like Ongame (or other)? Is this being contemplated because the low amount of traffic is driving players (like me) who like FCP to go play on higher traffic sites like Full Tilt or Pokeroom.Thanks,

Is there any initiative underway to add other sites to grow the number of players on this Network? Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the reason FCP moved to this Network was because it allowed US players when Ongame did not? If that's true, now that this network also banned US players, would it not be more beneficial to FCP to move back to a higher traffic network like Ongame (or other)? Is this being contemplated because the low amount of traffic is driving players (like me) who like FCP to go play on higher traffic sites like Full Tilt or Pokeroom.Thanks,
Hi tcats37, American's can still play on the Digital Gaming Network.