Official Suggestions Thread

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 more:block players that aren't on the table from participating in chat.people pop in to promote sites or to ask for $ transfers.
Actually, this should be an option at the player's discretion. Either enable or disable observer chat. See Full Tilt for an example.

-Don't know if this has been mentioned, but when i minimize the window during a hand, the bar in my menu-bar will light up even if the action isn't on me. It becomes "active" once any kind of action takes place (turns solid blue even when the next hand hasn't even started or it's not up to me to act)-Oh, and when I am in a hand and the action gets to me, why does it play the old IM noise from older versions of AIM?-When I'm in a tournament and get timed out, the "Deal me In" button comes up. This should be in cash games, but tournament play should have "I'm Back" or something along those lines.

I echo the complaints that most have noted here. The most important issues on my list are:1. Entry fees for tourneys are too high2. Avatars should not be there when player is not seated (I hate when some people that are asking for things like custom avatars since it really doesn't matter when it comes to poker, but these are distracting and affect the betting if you aren't sure how many people are there.)3. "Smart betting bar"4. The process of taking notes on opponents is very difficult, a mark by the player would be very helpful.5. I don't mind the bubbles for selecting fold, check, raise, etc. but since it is the same when it is your action and when it is not, it is difficult to tell when the action is to you. 6. I also noticed that the icon flashes when any action takes place instead of when it is your turn to act.Also, I was recently in a cash game, the straddle button was not selected but somehow, I put in a straddle. Bob, I have the hand info if it is helpful.Also, I have been playing the last week and did recieve my bonus but I have seen nothing clear from the bonus account yet. I understand it is every 24 hours but it has been well past that period.Overall, a great job by all in getting this launched in the short time frame you have had. Obviously there are some bugs to work out but that's what the beta stage is for. Thanks FCP

I echo the complaints that most have noted here. The most important issues on my list are:1. Entry fees for tourneys are too high2. Avatars should not be there when player is not seated (I hate when some people that are asking for things like custom avatars since it really doesn't matter when it comes to poker, but these are distracting and affect the betting if you aren't sure how many people are there.)3. "Smart betting bar"4. The process of taking notes on opponents is very difficult, a mark by the player would be very helpful.5. I don't mind the bubbles for selecting fold, check, raise, etc. but since it is the same when it is your action and when it is not, it is difficult to tell when the action is to you. 6. I also noticed that the icon flashes when any action takes place instead of when it is your turn to act.Also, I was recently in a cash game, the straddle button was not selected but somehow, I put in a straddle. Bob, I have the hand info if it is helpful.Also, I have been playing the last week and did recieve my bonus but I have seen nothing clear from the bonus account yet. I understand it is every 24 hours but it has been well past that period.Overall, a great job by all in getting this launched in the short time frame you have had. Obviously there are some bugs to work out but that's what the beta stage is for. Thanks FCP
Thanks for you feedback Coyote.Please e-mail the hand number of the hand where you had the problem with the straddle to pokermanager@fullcontactpoker.com .Nobody has had bonus paid out or FCP Points updated yet since we started at the new network. The techs are working on integrating our database and that of DGN to give us the information to allow us to do those things.Once that has been done the bonuses will be caught up on but I can't say for sure when that will be completed.

Some repeats here I'm sure but including them anyway to show support for the cause. :club: Interface/Aesthetics:-See account balance on main screen again-Hide avatars for empty seats-Consistent cards would be nice - the floating face card suit is a bit annoying for some reason-Play/Real money on separate tabs from main screenChat/Info:-Detachable chat window-Option to limit chat to only active players - annoying to have railers commenting on what a solid player I am all of the time. :D-Ability to selectively mute players' chat-Show dealt cards in chat window as it was in the old interfaceGame Play-Smart bet slider-Increased (at least bold) font for bet amounts in front of players-Check box for preset actions would be clearer than the hover buttons-Indicator for live straddle-Previous hand history working again would be sweet-The action indicator banners could stand to be adjusted a bit - perhaps just not over the cards - silly little thing but when in a blind it lingers a little too long covering the cards causing just a slight nuisance since it takes 3 seconds or so to be able to determine suits easily-Upon action the players remaining chip/$ count also disappear for a few seconds while the action indicator banner appears. Again, a minor annoyance but still seems to slow things down a bit as far as table pace goes since this amount can factor in decisions obviously.Player Notes:-Icon indicating notes exist on player-Add notes via right click as beforeWish List/Misc:-Would be cool if there were a way to "tag" players in conjunction with the "Find a player" tool. For example, would be good to be able to find players by a class - add a player to my your own "Fish List" - players you find to be ideal to play against. Conversely have list of players to avoid for whatever reason and be able to indentify those players easily as well.-I really like the percentages being displayed on tourney all ins so I can retell the bad beats accurately without having to do the math. :D Would be cool to see this on ring games as well. Of course since it isn't a tourney and cards aren't flipped I suppose that won't happen. :D-Stats/Tourney History.-Return of Private tables

So far, surprisingly, the thing that bugs me the most about the software is the slider bar. I always end up betting odds amounts because it's so hard to stop at the number I want. The reason this is such an annoyance is it affects every hand I play.Number two is no hand history in chat. Sometimes the bets happen so fast and are so ridiculous, I need to be able to look back to comprehend them, and now I have to go back to hand history window, etc. Things I like: the hand playback feature is slick. If that could be combined with a hand history window like on Stars so it would be easier to track down (based on my starting hand or relative number of hands ago) a specific hand and replay it, it'd would be above and beyond expectations.Another thing I like: those action boxes that pop up and say "check" or "fold" etc. They are kind of nice looking and stay up about the right amount of time. They could tinker with placement per the previous comments in this thread regarding being over cards, player names, etc, but they are a nice way to show the action. It's much better than some of the options I've seen on other sites.

My thoughts (most of which have been mentioned already)--Give some indication of when a straddle is made (I was just playing 4-handed limit and it threw me when I called what I thought was cutoff's open-raise, only to see him 3-bet me).-Don't show the regular action buttons in purple until it is actually my turn to act (either use checkboxes or shade the buttons out or something to allow me to select an option ahead of time). Every time somebody bets and the buttons pop up, it takes me a second to realize it's not my turn yet.-Don't show an avatar for an empty seat. This can get very confusing.-Show somewhere in the lobby what your current network account balance is. Just for peace of mind.-Make note-taking less cumbersome. At the very least, just being able to bring up notes by right-clicking on a player's avatar would be nice, rather than having to select their name from a list.-Also, make the notes easier to navigate. At least, either truncate each line within the box, or else put a horizontal slider bar. A larger window (horizontally) would be even better. It's a huge pain if I type a note that runs off the page, to either read that note later, or to add another note.

Hey Bob,Now that you have a gazillion suggestions for improvements, what is the process for deciding which ones can and will be implemented and what kind of timeline are we looking at for changes to take affect?Thanks.

Like what many have said before me.1. Account balance available in the lobby window. 2. If you have to open up a browser then do it in the users default browser and no just in IE. Also have it learn to use the one window it had already opened instead of always opening up a new one.3. If no one is sitting in the chair then no avatar should be seen. Also if people are away then show them as away.4. Check boxes next to the buttons would be nice.5. Re sizable tables would be nice.6. Detachable chat windows and adjustable would also be nice.7. Maybe a pop up window saying what the buttons are on the game and lobby windows would be good too, some work and some don't.On another note playing in a no limit .10/.20 table the minimum bet is .20 after the flop but after the turn it's .50? Isn't an automatic increase in blinds a limit game rule thing? Am I missing something here? Because I don't see it happening on other sites.I like the straddle option, never played it before/yet but I like having the option of it though for future use. It looks like once the little things are ironed out that it's going to be a nice site. Who does the network belong to that the FCP is on?

One more thing (I don't think anyone mentioned this specifically or if they did i missed it). When you finish a sit and go it tells you what place you finished in but not how much you won. I know I should know from playing them what the payout is but it is nice to see it, plus sometimes I forget how much the buy in was for the one i played. OK one more thing. Can you display what cards were dealt to me in the chat box? Also what hand won but also what the cards on the board and what the winners hand (hole cards) were.OK thats it.for now.

There seems to be no way to tell who's sitting out and who's sitting in. Combine that with Avatars in empty seats, and the only way I can tell how many handed the game is, is to count whole cards. That really, really sucks.The rounding of your table stakes is horrible.The bet bar is awful. We need a type-in bet box as well as an improved slider.The above problems are absolutely critical IMO.

ive read alot of suggestions, but not all of em, thyeres alot of repeats... my biggest complaint about the site tho, is the tournies... i mean seriously, all there is are 1 and 2.50 dollar tournies and threy get no entrants, lets up the ante a bit and get some better and more expensive tournies... guranteeds are always a sure thing to get entrants... like a 5 or 10k guranteed to start off with, for maybe 20 or 40 dollar events... theres no point playn a tourny for 2.50. right now the only tourny worth playn is the negreanu open.

There seems to be no way to tell who's sitting out and who's sitting in. Combine that with Avatars in empty seats, and the only way I can tell how many handed the game is, is to count whole cards. That really, really sucks.The rounding of your table stakes is horrible.The bet bar is awful. We need a type-in bet box as well as an improved slider.The above problems are absolutely critical IMO.
I'm not going to comment on every suggestion as we have passed on a long list to the software developers.You can already type in the amount of the bet that you want to make.
ive read alot of suggestions, but not all of em, thyeres alot of repeats... my biggest complaint about the site tho, is the tournies... i mean seriously, all there is are 1 and 2.50 dollar tournies and threy get no entrants, lets up the ante a bit and get some better and more expensive tournies... guranteeds are always a sure thing to get entrants... like a 5 or 10k guranteed to start off with, for maybe 20 or 40 dollar events... theres no point playn a tourny for 2.50. right now the only tourny worth playn is the negreanu open.
A more complete tournament schedule will be coming with more of the tournaments that you are looking for.The current schedule is just a temporary one.

I agree with most of the previous posts and would like to commend FCP for getting the site up without many problems. Other than the increase in rake for small tournies, the speed of cards flopped and cleared during all-ins takes away from the suspense factor, just a delay of a sec or two can get your heart beating pretty good.

OK...I just got done with tonights freeroll and I have a few suggestions that are probably repeated, but I didn't read through this whole post...- In the tournament lobby, if I'm looking for a specific player for example...I click on a table, and the players names are listed on the right. But, I have to scroll down to see all of the players at that table. I should be able to see all of the players at that table at the same time.- F1, F2, and F3 keys were the main thing I liked about the old site. It helped me make bets faster while I was doing other things.- I noticed at the beginning of the tourny, a couple of people didn't post the blinds right away. Why wouldn't the blinds be auto posted for everyone for tournaments?- Registration closing 5 min before the tournament starts is very odd and should not happen - most of the people sign up in those last 5 minutes.- The rebuy option needs to change. I don't want to decide before the hand.- Lobby chat!!!- Empty seats should be empty.- If someone bets, a few seconds pass with the "bet" graphic in fromt of their chip stack. This makes my decision take longer and more of a chance I can not get the bet in before the timer expires.- When it's my turn to act, I would like the table to pop up to the front of my screen so I can do more than one thing at once without having to keep clicking on the table.- Why in the tournaments do you end up with cents? If a pot is split, the player closest to the button should end up with one chip more if the pot is an odd amount.- How do we know if a player is sitting out? This should appear on the screen.- Instant Hand History I think is a must...also having the betting actions appear in the chat box (with an option to turn it off) would be great as well.- Account Balance listed in the main lobby is very important as well.Thats what I came up with playing on the site for 2 hours...I'm sure I would find more stuff if I played it more, but don't know how much that will happen while in the Beta stage.

It's been said before but I will repeat it. registration closing 5 min before a tourney starts means less players will play. This is costing the site money.
I've been told that the reason for closing registration before the tournament starts is so there isn't a spike in the load on the servers. They are going to try and shorten that time down from 5 minutes.

Two additional suggestions after finally playing in a tourney.The betting bar, although it seems to be working a little better, I could not move all-in. I always had some chips remaining.The other request I have is for the tables to break down in a logical order. They seem to break down randomly at this point. I know this is the same as some other sites but I would prefer a regular order. Just from a strategy standpoint, it can affect how you play in a multi table tourney. I'd like to hear others thoughts on this as well. Thanks.

Just a couple of observations after playing for a week or two.1. All-in situations are unreadable. The cards flip before you can even see what the situation is. I am not saying it should be played out for dramatic effect like they do on TV, but holy cow. I can't process the information availabe to me before the cards are taken away and I am told that I am out of the tournament. :(2. The rectangular bubbles showing what action a player took have got to be adjusted. You can't see a players name or amount of chips left for a bit. 3. Ok I said 2, but here is a third. The cards and chips don't line up very well with the player names. It is very difficult to tell if it is the player on the curve of the table that has cards, or the player next to them. The cards do not appear directly above or below the player names.

I only played for a little while last night and I doubt I came up with any new suggestions but here goes anyway.No account total in the main lobby windowHard to figure out the chat, although easy once you doPlayers names and chip counts is too small, I actually though one player was named "All ins:2"Don’t like the avatars in seats when no player thereThe software moves way too fast at the end of the hand, several times I won but could not tell right away if he called or foldedWe need a player time buttonThe bet slide bar needs lots of improvementIt would be nice if the cashier did not require another web browser and log inThe buttons that show what a player did are in the way and stay too longI don’t know if a straddle was ever put on or if they just bet out, need to make that easier to readI had one slight problem last night, I sat out one hand then clicked to sit in before the hand was over, when they posted blinds I got a pop up asking if I wanted to post or wait (even though I did not miss a blind) I clicked to post and they then dealt the hand but not to me I was still sitting out until the next hand when I posted and was dealt ?

I've been told that the reason for closing registration before the tournament starts is so there isn't a spike in the load on the servers. They are going to try and shorten that time down from 5 minutes.
I'm going to be real blunt with this one Bob: That's absolutely bogus. If they can't handle a spike in server load due to last minute tournament registrations, they have no right even running a poker network. And if they can't handle the spikes with one or two sites aboard right now, then the servers are DOA when everyone jumps on.And do they really think closing registration early is going to make a difference in the spike in the load due to last minute registrations? Maybe for the first couple weeks, as people adjust to the nuances of this network. After that? No. Everyone (save a few new players) will know to register at most 6 minutes before game time. It'll cause the same spike in server load as it would if they were to shorten that time frame to 1 minutes of non-registration a-la Full Tilt.If they REALLY want to kill spikes in the server load due to registrations in tournaments, they should allow for late registration up to 3 minutes after the tournament starts. That way, there's no real last minute rush to register. OR, they could be really smart, and invest in an army of Gentoo Linux servers to handle the backbone of the network, and this would be a complete non-issue.