Official Suggestions Thread

I’m so glad to see a new FCP, free from OnGame, up and running! Yay!! Now, on with the critique. Remember, you asked for it.First, as was already mentioned, please don’t automatically open the FCP website when I start the poker software. Advertising to an existing customer when they are already trying to use your service is kind of rude. Plus, it will drive me crazy.Other suggestions that MUST be addressed: -seats must be empty when no players are in them-we need proper hand histories/statistics-the betting bar must be fixed; it is too difficult to land on the betting amount desiredWhen I first sat at a cash game table I noticed it says, “All In’s: 2” on the right hand side. The way it is positioned over the rightmost player’s head, it looks like a player name and is confusing.The statistical info you get by clicking the squiggly arrow on the table doesn’t fit in the box properly. You have to scroll left to right, which isn’t fun since there’s no scroll bar in that direction. The same thing happens when typing player notes. There should be some kind of automatic text wrap.I’d like to be able to open up notes on a person by clicking their avatar (either double clicking or right clicking).I don’t like how the Small Blind/Big Blind/Check/Raise boxes pop up and obstruct my cards (and sometimes other players names/amounts at the table). I often find myself straining to see my suits when these boxes are up. Can you make them smaller or move them? Bottom line being, I would like my cards, my opponent’s cards, all player names and amount of money each player has at the table, to be 100% visible at all times.I was playing some LHE earlier and noticed there appears to be no cap, even in multiway pots. If there is a cap, it is higher than the standard 4 bets. What’s up?If I click Sit Out, then unclick it right away, it doesn’t sit me back in. I still sit out the next hand. Also, there is no visual indication that a player is, in fact, sitting out.I may have just not looked in the right place, but during a tourney, I could not find the start time/time the tournament had been already running in the lobby for that tourney.Raising the juice from 50c to $1 for $5 buyin games is really not nice. Why take more from those with the smallest bankrolls? Similarly, $9+1 and $18+2 buyins are kind of ridiculous. I am not interested in playing tournaments with these buyin amounts. Please revert back to the standard $5+.50, $10+1, $20+2 etc.Also, in a tourney lobby, if I click on a player’s name, instead of going to that person’s table it brings up a player profile. There appears to be no way to find a player’s table in a tourney, except by looking through the tables individually.I also don’t appreciate the software beeping at me if I don’t complete an action within about 2 seconds. The scroll bar alone takes me much longer than that. Can you give us at least a full 5 seconds before you start beeping at us?One thing we definitely don’t need is a window that pops up every time we leave a cash game table, telling us that if we return we have to sit with the same amount. I’m leaving, I’m done. If I return, then go ahead and pop up the window.Other comments I wholeheartedly agree with:-splash screen stays up way too long on closing-we need easy access to our account balance-the tournament tab opening in a new window is very confusing. I kept looking for the cash games and couldn’t find them because I didn’t realize I was in another window.-if you must open anything in a browser window, it needs to be our default browser; hijacking our default settings is not cool.-rounding amounts to the nearest dollar is unappealing. Exact amounts are preferred.-can you please bring back lobby chat?-resizable tables would be a huge plus-2-7 TD, Razz and 5CD would also be fantasticOk, that's it. What do y'all think?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about playing by the proper rules in 7 card stud. in a real game if i pair my door card i have the option to double-bet on 4th street. this was not the case on the old FCPalso, I was thinking that because DN is so involved in the site, and he is a good-old canadian boy, maybe you could have qualifiers for some Canadian Poker Tour events. or at least the WPT event that was at Niagra last month. as far as I know its coming back next year.

-the betting bar must be fixed; it is too difficult to land on the betting amount desiredI'd like to be able to open up notes on a person by clicking their avatar (either double clicking or right clicking).I don't like how the Small Blind/Big Blind/Check/Raise boxes pop up and obstruct my cards (and sometimes other players names/amounts at the table).I also don't appreciate the software beeping at me if I don't complete an action within about 2 seconds.
Ok, I just had to echo these above. And about being able to get to players notes by clicking their avatar - I would suggest just going back to the way OnGame had it by having a context menu that you can right click to also give the option of Muting that player. Some others that haven't been mentioned:
  • Having a Check/Call ANY option in No Limit games is dangerous. I can see a lot of unfortunate mistakes being made. If a hand is worth calling off your entire stack with, you're almost certainly gonna bet it anyway and not check it.
  • The Lobby screen is even less than 800x600 and you'd be able to have a much better layout if you used the full resolution.
  • Compared to the old game screen, this table is HUGE... and yet everything else (cards, chips, etc) is the same size??? What's the point of making the table bigger if there's no need - all you are doing is taking away from the valueable space outside the table, which is why the player names, money amounts, and actions all seem so cluttered.
  • About screen size - guys, it's 2006 already!!! 99.99% of us have screens larger than 800x600. Imagine how sick the graphics could look if you had a high-resolution/full screen option that let us play in 1024x768 or 1280x800 widerscreen!!! You could have realistic card backs based on actual brands (you could even strike a deal with KEM or Copag - they get to advertise by the fact that you're using their designs, and you get cheaper prices on the decks you resell to us through the FCP store), and realistic chips/Dealer button. Seriously, a high resolution online poker interface is long overdue - be ahead of the game.

2 words .... 4 colored deck.
This is already available. When you are sitting at a table, open the option menu (top left corner, I think its the gear looking icon) and you can select four color deck.As for a criticsm, when playing at a NL table, I wasn't able to see exactly how much I had in front of me or the other players. It was rounded (down) to the nearest dollar. (eg. I could have $50.75 but it would only show $50).edit. Also, I didn't see how much rake was being taken from each pot. I would like to see this.I'm glad to see FCP up an running again.

Hi FCPers,Was great to see everyone playing on FCP again last night. Thanks to Bob and DN and all the techs who worked hard to get this going and took the risk to change networks so everyone can play. :)Now, the other stuff:Man, those cards are UGLY :D PLEASE, let me turn off the avatars.... please.Confusing to see who's in hand -vs- who's at table.Hand Histories must be readily accessibleDisplay prize pool. I won a sng last night, still would have no idea prize $ if I didnt look it up in my account balance. I haven't received the email with prize info. ? lolNot happy at all with the jump in tourney fees, not good for us low limit folks :club: More time to act before being bleeped at.Find a player function???Lobby chat (but I know you are working on this one)Naked Cowboy's, Cfinn's and wandigo's posts summed up issues very well. Hope to play some more today and have more suggestions, ty again FCP.

Oh and another thing - why does the login dialogue popup everytime? It remembers my name and my password, so what's the point of waiting for me to push enter/click a button - just log me in automatically please.Also, in the Tournament lobby, whenever I deselect "Running" and "Finished" so that they dont list with the other tournies - it never remembers that setting. It should always remember my filter since I'm most likely going to prefer viewing that way most of the time.Keep up the good work!

upgrade these changes fastthere are very few players on the site (3-400)very few games going, no wait, no appealcurrent situation is not invitingit's a struggle to play it in its current formmy eyes are fatigued just looking at the screeni will play elsewhere until the above list of suggestions are changedpoker players are impatientnow is the operative word

I havent read the whole thing yet, but i agree with what i have seen. My big concern is not having starting stack limits at NL tables. This bastardizes the game, and only helps those with huge ammounts of money in their account. I keep my bankroll at 4 sites, and would noI havent read the whole thing yet, but i agree with what i have seen. My big concern is not having starting stack limits at NL tables. This bastardizes the game, and only helps those with huge ammounts of money in their account. I keep my bankroll at 4 sites, and would not play FCP NL if this is not changed. Again...BOB thanks for all your hard work!

I'm sure I'm just echoing other peoples' suggestions but here's what I got:Java Application is a must for us MAC-usersThe betting slide bar goes up waaaaaay too much, too quicklyIndicate when a live straddle has been mademake it easier to tell who the action is on.Please add 2-7 TD into the mix of games.Please add badugi into the mix of games.Mixed game tables would be awesome. On Bugsys Club they have tables that are half LHE and half Omaha 8 - they rotate games every 10 minutes and it's awesome.In tournament I could never tell what place I was currently in. It had total entrants, high chips, average chips, low chips, but it never said I was 120th out of 740 (or something like that). Please add 2-7 TD into the mix of games.Live straddles are an awesome addition.

Well since this is beta and everyone before me has made very good observations I can only add: HORSE!!! =)Although I know a small developer like the one making this network will probably never make it available...My most important consideration is to make hand histories available since it is essential for Poker Tracker.

Since ths is a new site, shouldn't we have a new protege tournament, just cancel the last one and start over?7 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)2 Members: Balloon guy, Naked_CowboyOh sorry NC

:club: Congratulations to the FCP team for getting the new site up and running. While we all know there are a few bugs to work out, the team must have been working very hard these last few weeks to bring it this far. Thank you, guys.I had no problems downloading the software, logging on, transferring my money from the cashier account to the poker account, taking a seat, etc. The people there were quite happy to hear (from me) that additional players for the network were on the way and they made me feel quite welcome. I also left their table with a few of their chips -- I consider that a good omen.Here is my high priority list as a lowly micro-limit player:1. Make it a little easier to follow the action and stay aware of the size of your chip stack, how many chips other people have, etc. Things like the placement of buttons and cards make a difference.2. If no one is sitting in a specific seat, there should be no avatar there. It's hard enough to follow the game without having to look closely to figure out how many people are playing.3. Don't have it make noise to remind you to play quite so soon. I kept getting beeps and bells that were driving me crazy -- and I was only playing 1 table!4. I was happy to see that the new network will have micro-limit games. Keep that and include them in games other than hold 'em. Give some of us micro-limit players a chance to learn some new games. I like learning new games -- but I am not going to move up 2 or 3 levels to try a game I have never played before. Those tables may sit empty a lot, but at least give them a chance to catch on with the players. Perhaps some of the higher level players would be willing to sit at those tables now and then to draw in some of us newbies to those games -- thereby creating new fish for them to feed off from later when we move higher up the food chain.5. Include micro-limit tourneys -- again, so us small potatoes players can learn to play tourneys without worrying about the money we lose in the process. Take a look at the fee structure to assure that the top finishers make a profit. I know the site doesn't make much profit on such tourneys , but after learning to play at the micro-limits, many people will move up to higher levels.6. Lobby chat.7. The ability to use function keys for checking, folding, betting, etc.Thanks for listening,llou

I don't know if someone mentioned this but I don't like that the minimized window is highlighted even when I am not expected to act. At another site the window minimized window flashes when the action is on me and I can then click open it and act. On the new site it pops up automatically (maybe you can change the settings) cause I accidently folded a good hand when I was doing something else and it got in my way. Short version have the minmized window blink when my turn don't just pop it up.

Since ths is a new site, shouldn't we have a new protege tournament, just cancel the last one and start over?7 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)2 Members: Balloon guy, Naked_CowboyOh sorry NC
fair enough. as long as i get to keep my plane tickets to the bahamas!

I just had a little problem playing that I thought I should mention just in case it is a software glitch that could cause someone real problems someday.I was only playing .02 - .04 so there were only pennies involved. (No compensation needed.)Anyway ... When it was my turn to bet, I did so promply. The action buttons disappeared as they should. However, I got the message that I needed the bet and the warning that I would soon be timed out for slow play. I could not physically bet because I had already done so, causing the action buttons to disappear from the screen.I thought I had gotten disconnected ... but when I typed a message in the chat window, it appeard as it should. Eventually, I was timed out for slow play and I had to post to get back in. It was probably a momentary disconnection -- but I'm not sure. It was strange. If I was truly disconnected, why did I continue to receive the warning messages that I needed to bet? Why did my chat still work? And I never did anything to get reconnected. It was just strange and awkward.Anyway ... as there was no real money involved, it was no big deal. But I thought I ought to give everyone a "heads up" in case it becomes a recurrent problem.Another issue ... The action button for "check" is in the same location as the one for "call" after another player bets. On 2 occassions I was trying to click on the check button in advance at the same time another player bet as I was in the process of acting. It registered as a "call" instead of "check" and I ended up calling when I would have folded. So, you have to be real careful using the advanced action buttons.

On the NL tables, the blinds have increased in relation to the maximun buy in.The $25 max table used to have blinds of .10 - .25, now it is .25 - .50.All other limits have doubled the blind, which makes the buy in only 50 times the BB, not asd it used to be 100 times the BB.This creates more of a shoot out table, and not a deep stack NL game, as most NL players would preferr.Thanks

On the NL tables, the blinds have increased in relation to the maximun buy in.The $25 max table used to have blinds of .10 - .25, now it is .25 - .50.All other limits have doubled the blind, which makes the buy in only 50 times the BB, not asd it used to be 100 times the BB.This creates more of a shoot out table, and not a deep stack NL game, as most NL players would preferr.Thanks
Hi Irish, that will be changed to 100 times the BB for max buy in.

I know its all been said, but the software sucks *** so ill chime in. Things that we've been talking about for two months that apparently weren't important enough to address:1. Resizable tables or some kind of mini-view!! Absolutely ridiculous that the software was released without this. If you play at multiple sites it is ESSENTIAL to smooth game play.2. Hand histories that weren't designed for maximum inconvenience? Maybe something radical like a one-step process that every other competitive site has. 3. Ever-present avatars: They are already bulky and ugly as hell, can we at least have them leave when no one is sitting there?4. Sliding bet bar that increases by increments of the blinds.5. Tourney lobbies: Haven't seen them in action yet so maybe improvements were made. Being able to see a list of all chip counts as well as where a player is seated without going to the website is very important. 6. Going to the FCP website every time I want to do something (ie. casher) sucks. How often do I go to Pokerstars.com when I play at stars? Never. 7. Simple tourney stats that I can view from the tourney table. Yet another feature that separates good sites (Stars, UB, FT) from bad that FCP lacks.8. Hot Button keys. You took away one of the only nice things from ongame...lol :club: 9. Better game selection; HORSE, razz, ect10. Software that doesn't make me feel like I'm in a cartoon. Were playing for money here, at least make it look professional.I would cut you guys some more slack because I know your under crazy pressure/deadlines, but when it's this bad and almost NOTHING was done to change problems from ongame, I wonder how thought was put into any of the original suggestions. /End rant.