poll: should terri schiavo be kept alive?

Just want to know the opinions from the poker community! I personally think that her tube should be reinserted. Going thru 12 days without food and water is just a plain murder!
even if the victim is already dead?

Its a joke that this has gone through the courts, and for god's sake the white house.The parents have no claim in the matter, she's already dead for all real purposes and the husband made the decision, which he's entitled too.Its funny that Bush is on the "must protect life" bandwagon...seeing as Texas executes more prisoners than the rest of the US combined, and in 1999 when he was still governor of Texas he passed a law saying that the hospital could take a 7 month year old baby off life suport AGAINST the wishes of the parents.I guess if the patient can't pay the bills or vote whats the point in keeping them alive eh Georgie?Can someone again tell me how that idiotic lying piece of trash got re-elected?

Her condition doesn't allow her to process pain or any type of feeling. She will never get better and she is a total vegetable. What is the point of keeping her alive? Let her go in peace. If you believe in a God and some sort of afterlife, let her get there and be done with it. Furthermore, this should not be a governmental issue. It is a family and/or medical issue. All this is forced religion and is despicable.The biggest hypocracy in this whole deal is the republicans agenda for the 'sanctity of marriage', yet, they will not let the husband make the decision. So much for that sanctity. What a joke.

please do not post this to general poker.this belongs in offtopic threads.
It'll be moved don't worry. You're not the forum police.
yea thats my job. and people seem to be forgetting here that according to the COURT APPOINTED DOCTORS TERRI SCHIAVO WAS DEAD ALREADY. she could not feel pain. what the hell is 12 days when you consider shes been semi-dead for 15 years.
Its a joke that this has gone through the courts, and for god's sake the white house.The parents have no claim in the matter, she's already dead for all real purposes and the husband made the decision, which he's entitled too.Its funny that Bush is on the "must protect life" bandwagon...seeing as Texas executes more prisoners than the rest of the US combined, and in 1999 when he was still governor of Texas he passed a law saying that the hospital could take a 7 month year old baby off life suport AGAINST the wishes of the parents.I guess if the patient can't pay the bills or vote whats the point in keeping them alive eh Georgie?Can someone again tell me how that idiotic lying piece of trash got re-elected?
I voted for John Kerry, I don't like everything about Bush, from Iraq war to domestic issues. But my point on the case of Terri Schiavo is, letting her suffering slow painful death process is cruel!

She's been brain dead for FIFTEEN YEARS. She hasn't shown any improvement nor is their any medical case showing that she ever will. It has been proven in court that this is what Terri herself would have wanted. Just let her die. Maybe it is just trying to justify my stance, but I consider keeping her alive more heartless than letting her die.

I voted for John Kerry, I don't like everything about Bush, from Iraq war to domestic issues. But my point on the case of Terri Schiavo is, letting her suffering slow painful death process is cruel!
It's not painful. But I for one think the fact that this is even news is ridiculous. This is one person in the entire world... people die every day, what makes her so fucking special that we need to hear about this for 18 hours a day on the freakin news?
Maybe you should read a little more about the case. SHE CANNOT FEEL PAIN OR PROCESS ANY FEELINGS.

I didn't think it would be long before one of these threads started here. I say let the parents take care of her. I'll probably get super flamed for saying this..but I have my reasons...( oh and I agree that the government should of stayed out of it) its a judicial issue....even if the american judicial system is the most corrupt part of our society.

But my point on the case of Terri Schiavo is, letting her suffering slow painful death process is cruel!I agree. Someone should have pushed her 1000 CCs of Morphine years ago. Maybe after she dies her publicity whore parents can have her stuffed and truck her around the US on a speaking tour so they don't have to let thier 15 minutes end.

No matter what our opinions on this matter, I think we can all agree that not only does Bill Frist care about her as a person, but it sets a good precedent that this came before the United States Senate.

But my point on the case of Terri Schiavo is, letting her suffering slow painful death process is cruel!I agree.  Someone should have pushed her 1000 CCs of Morphine years ago.  Maybe after she dies her publicity whore parents can have her stuffed and truck her around the US on a speaking tour so they don't have to let thier 15 minutes end.
hah, so true

No matter what our opinions on this matter, I think we can all agree that not only does Bill Frist care about her as a person, but it sets a good precedent that this came before the United States Senate.I sincerely hope that's sarcasm, becaue we should all be agreeing that if Bill Frist thought it would secure more votes for the GOP he'd go decapitate her and **** the neckhole on national TV if the polls said it was a good idea.It's an assanine precedent for it to have anything to do with Congress at all. We don't pass laws to effect individuals in this country, and with good reason.It's bread and circuses for the religous right.

No matter what our opinions on this matter, I think we can all agree that not only does Bill Frist care about her as a person, but it sets a good precedent that this came before the United States Senate.I sincerely hope that's sarcasm, becaue we should all be agreeing that if Bill Frist thought it would secure more votes for the GOP he'd go decapitate her and censored the neckhole on national TV if the polls said it was a good idea.It's an assanine precedent for it to have anything to do with Congress at all.  We don't pass laws to effect individuals in this country, and with good reason.It's bread and circuses for the religous right.
Yes, that was sarcasm. I'd have done the sarcasm tagging thing, but I'm lazy.