Qq, Do You Bet This River?

Villain is 65/1/.26 after 70ish hands.Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with Q♣ Q♥2 folds, Hero raises, 4 folds, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: T♠ 7♥ K♣ (5SB, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.Turn: 8♣ (3.5BB, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.River: 9♣ (5.5BB, 2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.Results:Final pot: 5.5BBI probably should have value bet the river because of his non aggro nature, but I guess I was scared of getting check raised like I have been getting a brazillion times. Also, I figured he might have been calling down with a garbage K.

Against this player, it's a thin value bet at best on this river. He could have a pair, a King, or even nothing at all. He's almost certainly not going to check/raise you and if he does you can safely fold. All in all, I think value betting is probably best b/c the villain's range is pretty wide. I can't really blame you for taking the free showdown though.

personally, i couldn't bring myself to bet that board.while this player is not c/r us here, given his stats, he also isn't leading out with better hands, like two pair on the river. Or weak Kings.also 70 hands. isn't too much for AF to rule out c/r.sometimes he foldsI don't think he calls enough with worse to bet.

personally, i couldn't bring myself to bet that board.while this player is not c/r us here, given his stats, he also isn't leading out with better hands, like two pair on the river. Or weak Kings.also 70 hands. isn't too much for AF to rule out c/r.sometimes he foldsI don't think he calls enough with worse to bet.
I dunno, I think you may be right. I think villain calls here with any pair, the problem being that a ton of his possible hands have either a J or a 6 in them (e.g. J8, J9, 86, etc) or have made two pair on this board. He could also have like Ax of clubs, bad villains will call the flop with A-rag even if there's nothing there for them. All in all, I think checking might be better. This hand is really close though, IMO.
And if villain raises?
Against a loose-passive player, bet-folding the river with 2nd pair on a coordinated board seems pretty standard, in my opinion.Against a tricky player, simply checking it down would likely be the wisest play.--CM