I Can't Win On Pokerstars

I'm new to this site, just noticed this topic.When i started on stars i made a big cash, withdrew most of it, havent cashed big since.I've been keeping a record of coinflips on there from the past week as i cant win one. I have lost 23 coinflips in a row with 0 wins in there. Also kept a tally of 2 and 3 outers that have hit and its up to 15. I don't know if online poker is rigged or not but theres something seriously wrong there.
Funny, I've won 23 straight coin flips; what's your screen name?
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f*cking 3 outters left and f*cking rightKJ < K4 all in post flopJJ < A5 all in preflopmultiply this by 25 this week aloneand I don't even play that muchthis isn't a bad beat thREADTHIS IS A f*ck stars up their a*ses threadcountless suck outs.I can't f*cking beat players on Starsf u youLee Jones(editted to clean up potty mouth)
Wow, this PMJackson guy is a ****ing loose cannon...
Funny, I've won 23 straight coin flips; what's your screen name?
You too? Small world.
i was a winning player for about 16 months, then i moved to pokerstars. i had 1 big cash then never had winning days anymore. same bs. i move to other sites like interpoker/fulltilt, they still hapen, but 1/4 as much. its so sick knowing when youre allin late in a tourney with AA vs 88 to click the x to close the window before the flop is dealt
this made me lol like a lil girl. And yeah, I do that everytime I'm all in pre. Thanks man that was funny
f*cking 3 outters left and f*cking rightKJ < K4 all in post flopJJ < A5 all in preflopmultiply this by 25 this week aloneand I don't even play that muchthis isn't a bad beat thREADTHIS IS A f*ck stars up their a*ses threadcountless suck outs.I can't f*cking beat players on Starsf u youLee Jones(editted to clean up potty mouth)
  • 1 month later...
great bump.i generally only play tourneys to amuse myself while baked, but someone should OPR checkymcfold on stars and tilt to find out how rigged pokerstars is, lol.
hmmmm checkymcfold: FTP ROI: 38%, PS ROI: -43%But I'm 22% on stars and -85% on FTP (LOL only 42 tournys on FTP). I guess Im backA$$wards.

For a while I ran horrid on FTP and great on Stars. Was seriously thinking FTP was rigged against me. Then in August I went on massive monkey tilt in HU cash and bustoed my Stars account.Now in September I'm running really well on FTP.I'm wondering if playing bad while on massive monkey tilt is more of a factor than the sites being rigged.

• 5 months later...

Take a look at some of the guys that played on PS and now switched to FTP. I know gutshtallin has and he's been destroying FTP since. Honestly I hate online poker. I play much worse online than I do live but so do most people IMO, especially at lower levels. There aren't as many great players online as people think there are but i guess in reality the cream rises to the top just like any other profession. Onto my analysis...Some things that i've been tracking in poker tracker have really started to develop a trend. I win 80 percent of my AA hands. 81.24 actually, however when the money is in pre flop and I have less chips I only with 54.32% of the time. With KK, same thing. I win only 47.98% of the time in the same situation and half of those beats are from Ax hands. Pretty striking after 200k hands, eh?Some other things I noticed in this thread about guys having 4 months runs of good or bad luck. That's variance but it's anomalistic. Having a run like that, good or bad, isn't common and should be looked at like the rest of the problems that people find with online poker. Who knows if it's rigged? I don't, but I know what I notice and it isn't a matter of variance. I even get pissed when I pull a 3 outer on someone because it seems to happen every other hand. Then you'll see it a couple hands later. To me, regardless of how many hands you see per hour, it's way too often. If you don't see it then you're either not looking for it, or you're the one doing it and have selective memory. I remember the times I suckout and I also remember the times i've been sucked out on, as well as the times my hands hold up. The reality of it is that my hands don't hold up nearly enough so i'm pretty pissed and am done playing there...

60 left of 600, for a top 3 stack. fmlPokerStars Game #25874367414: Tournament #145826003, $30+$3 Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (500/1000) - 2009/03/12 8:02:14 ETTable '145826003 11' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: ostunis (36465 in chips) Seat 2: cwitch1 (18807 in chips) Seat 3: ZADOM77 (38126 in chips) Seat 4: RAVAT (16415 in chips) Seat 5: vicpower (16650 in chips) Seat 7: GOECKELE (19475 in chips) Seat 8: southSTL (31574 in chips) Seat 9: Jeevz271 (32211 in chips) ostunis: posts the ante 100cwitch1: posts the ante 100ZADOM77: posts the ante 100RAVAT: posts the ante 100vicpower: posts the ante 100GOECKELE: posts the ante 100southSTL: posts the ante 100Jeevz271: posts the ante 100ostunis: posts small blind 500cwitch1: posts big blind 1000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to southSTL [Ac Ah]ZADOM77: folds RAVAT: raises 3000 to 4000vicpower: folds GOECKELE: calls 4000southSTL: raises 4000 to 8000Jeevz271: folds ostunis: folds cwitch1: folds RAVAT: calls 4000GOECKELE: calls 4000*** FLOP *** [Js Jh 2d]RAVAT: checks GOECKELE: checks southSTL: bets 23474 and is all-inRAVAT has timed outRAVAT: folds RAVAT is sitting outRAVAT has returnedeirekiwi is connected GOECKELE: calls 11375 and is all-inUncalled bet (12099) returned to southSTL*** TURN *** [Js Jh 2d] [7s]*** RIVER *** [Js Jh 2d 7s] [5s]*** SHOW DOWN ***GOECKELE: shows [As Ts] (a flush, Ace high)southSTL: shows [Ac Ah] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)GOECKELE collected 49050 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 49050 | Rake 0 Board [Js Jh 2d 7s 5s]Seat 1: ostunis (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: cwitch1 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: ZADOM77 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: RAVAT folded on the FlopSeat 5: vicpower folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: GOECKELE showed [As Ts] and won (49050) with a flush, Ace highSeat 8: southSTL showed [Ac Ah] and lost with two pair, Aces and JacksSeat 9: Jeevz271 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

60 left of 600, for a top 3 stack. fmlPokerStars Game #25874367414: Tournament #145826003, $30+$3 Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (500/1000) - 2009/03/12 8:02:14 ETTable '145826003 11' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: ostunis (36465 in chips) Seat 2: cwitch1 (18807 in chips) Seat 3: ZADOM77 (38126 in chips) Seat 4: RAVAT (16415 in chips) Seat 5: vicpower (16650 in chips) Seat 7: GOECKELE (19475 in chips) Seat 8: southSTL (31574 in chips) Seat 9: Jeevz271 (32211 in chips) ostunis: posts the ante 100cwitch1: posts the ante 100ZADOM77: posts the ante 100RAVAT: posts the ante 100vicpower: posts the ante 100GOECKELE: posts the ante 100southSTL: posts the ante 100Jeevz271: posts the ante 100ostunis: posts small blind 500cwitch1: posts big blind 1000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to southSTL [Ac Ah]ZADOM77: folds RAVAT: raises 3000 to 4000vicpower: folds GOECKELE: calls 4000southSTL: raises 4000 to 8000Jeevz271: folds ostunis: folds cwitch1: folds RAVAT: calls 4000GOECKELE: calls 4000*** FLOP *** [Js Jh 2d]RAVAT: checks GOECKELE: checks southSTL: bets 23474 and is all-inRAVAT has timed outRAVAT: folds RAVAT is sitting outRAVAT has returnedeirekiwi is connected GOECKELE: calls 11375 and is all-inUncalled bet (12099) returned to southSTL*** TURN *** [Js Jh 2d] [7s]*** RIVER *** [Js Jh 2d 7s] [5s]*** SHOW DOWN ***GOECKELE: shows [As Ts] (a flush, Ace high)southSTL: shows [Ac Ah] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)GOECKELE collected 49050 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 49050 | Rake 0 Board [Js Jh 2d 7s 5s]Seat 1: ostunis (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: cwitch1 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: ZADOM77 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: RAVAT folded on the FlopSeat 5: vicpower folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: GOECKELE showed [As Ts] and won (49050) with a flush, Ace highSeat 8: southSTL showed [Ac Ah] and lost with two pair, Aces and JacksSeat 9: Jeevz271 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Shove pre
You see things like this all the time. To me the compelling question is not so much "Is it rigged?" but more "Who are these people that know about the rigging?". Im not saying Im convinced, its just that I cannot imagine in any walk of life people making some of the calls you see. The above.... not that bad. You see people call all-in with babies and drawing out! Im done now.

Idiots.And my last session I got nailed to the wall via 3 outer, 2 outer and 3 outer, respectively, for a net loss of 220 on a 460 buck bankroll.in theory i should at my peak of openness to agree to a 'rig' theory......and i STILL think you guys are all crazy.

Idiots.And my last session I got nailed to the wall via 3 outer, 2 outer and 3 outer, respectively, for a net loss of 220 on a 460 buck bankroll.in theory i should at my peak of openness to agree to a 'rig' theory......and i STILL think you guys are all crazy.
You're not allowed to vent when you don't use bankroll management.

Yeah we've all been through the ups and downs. I've went through stretches where it seems everything goes against you. I've also been on the other side that it all falls in your favor. Incredible runs with several final tables in large MTT events in a short period. Then I've had the worst where I can't even cash or ever get anything going. The reality of it all is that when good things happen you tend to play better and make better decisions. On the flip side when bad things start to happen it goes the other way and you push too hard. You see others making the horrible plays and sometimes you begin to think wow why don't I try that. We know that doesn't work out in the long run.Call me crazy when I say this but the best thing that works for me is positive thinking. Think about what you want to come on the flop/turn/river. Not what you don't want to come. There are times it is so transparent what your opponent has that you know what you don't want. What runs through your head NO ace NO ace NO ace. Boom there it is. Instead you need to be thinking what you do want. If you hold 88 vs AK think about the 8's and lower cards don't think no ace or king. Some people call it the "Secret". I don't really buy into that but I have found that this works for me. When I run well these are my though patterns. When I run poorly it is just the opposite.Don't ever discount variance as it happens to us all. I think it was put best in a article I read by Dutch Boyd. I know I know your saying Dutch Boyd. But the reality is KK vs A2 is less than a 2.35 - 1 favorite. So you win two of these and lose the third and you cry foul. When all reality it is just the numbers running true. Look at ways you can pick up more chips so when you lose that one it isn't your tourney on the line but the others. That is where the value of having the big stack really comes true. Your not gonna be running for your tourney life when you lose that 1 out of 3 or 4.

I miss Actuary. That's all I really have to say. I now return you to your regularly scheduled whining about rigged online poker.

The trick with stars is to ride it out, go broke, slowly build it up, hit a good streak, win big, cash out, hit a bad streak, ride it out, go broke, repeat.Or maybe that's just me....
wowwww, very well put. I have been saying this for a while now