I Can't Win On Pokerstars

Take a break, Acutary.We all take a lot of bad beats, and it seems like they do happen with more frequency on Stars. I definitely feel it. But you're having an exceptionally horrible run. No doubt about it. Just take 2 or 3 weeks off. Maybe read a book or two. I don't know what you've read, but read Ace On The River if you haven't already. Or maybe just dont think about poker at all during your time off.Come back and start playing the $4.40 180s. They're incredibly soft and will give you confidence, and help build your BR too. After you double up with KK vs K10 all in on a 10 high flop in the first level you'll feel a lot better. The play is so horrible you can build a stack that can survive the beats that will surely come. A player with your skill will make money in these. Once you get to the $500-$700 range move up to the $11 180s and continue to build. You'll have a nice BR before too long.
where do u guys play the $4.40 180's?
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone made the joke where they post a link to that thread that Actuary made where he says something to the effect that a lot of losing players don't currently know that they are losing players? If I didn't like Actuary, and/or wasn't afraid of a tongue raping, I might do it. I'm not going to do it though. It would be pretty classless if you ask me.Also, I haven't read the whole thread, so if some *** clown has already made this joke, I apologize.

I dunno what to say...it happens.I went on a nasty 3 month downswing to start the year.If I was ahead my opponent would always draw out. If I was behind none of my outs would ever come. If I had KK and the other guy had KK then he'd make a flush.Tournaments are fun and all (I used to be addicted to them) but I honestly don't know how most tourney players survive the long run. Usually they overspend when winning and hot and they never have enough to withstand the downswings.Whatever you decide I think you need a break from tournaments or whatever you're playing the most right now Actuary. It sounds like you're frustrated and in a bad place.Think about what you'd be saying to another poster right now. You're a smart guy...you know the answer.

lol gwcgwc, that exact hand happened to me at $100 NL... QQ vs 99 all in on a flop of Q9x, turn 9 and I knew I was dead before the cards were flipped, lol.But it's happened once ever... so it's not rigged.
mine was i had 10' 10 vs 44 monday night not to mention flopping top set when somone else flops straigh and K J losing to J 10 cause someone "just didnt feel like playing anymore" classic

YOU are a cry baby.If the favored hands win all the time then why do we even play? Everybody will be going in with the best hands and win.IF you think AK and big pocket pair should win all the time then you are stupider than you think.AK is a 50/50 against pocket pair.AK is 60/40 against 72!! that means you will lose 40% of the time against the worst hand in hold em!!!If you always get all in with AK that means you are going to lose about 45% of the time.That is almost half the time.Go figure out the percentages for all favored hands and you will see that while you have an edge over the long run, in the short run it is random at best.So play tight aggressive poker and play appropriate to your bankroll and be disciple and NEVER cry about short term results.NOBODY CARES ANYWAY.

he's just getting hammered by it. i ran hot over the summer, but for about a month have taken it up the butt by variance. if i was a long-term poster here i would have probably come looking for a sympathetic ear.... actuary, don't misunderstand that 'taken it up the butt', no i do not enjoy it. quit looking at me like i'm tyler's gf. i said-- LOOK, POCKET ACES!! <pointing, running like hell the other way>

Has anyone made the joke where they post a link to that thread that Actuary made where he says something to the effect that a lot of losing players don't currently know that they are losing players?
Just got to work.So sick with disgust, I emailed boss at 5:00am and said "Not going to make the meeting. See you, 3:00ish"you insensitive asswipeOn Stars I am a losing player.Just - $190; but I'm only playing $11 tournies, mostly.For over 900 SnG's on Party (mostly $22's), I was down from prior peak 17 Buy-Ins..errr..Never.And, sure, I get lucky sometimes. And my 80/20's actually hold.The extra kick in the pants is the number of times I'm getting coolerd or bad beat on the bubble. I honestly feel I'm playing better than before and not tilting. It's only $11. Obv, I'm not playing for big cash. I'm very competitive and would like some reward for playing well.you guys are swell with your kind words and all.I'll be taking a break until at least next Monday.********************************************Been a crappy week for me.Sis calls me Friday and among other things, tells me this:1. The primary reason she's getting divorced is that she found out her husband sexually molested his daughter from a previous marriage about 11 yrs ago, when she was 3. When confronted he says it was accidental (they shared a bed when he had her for the weekend - he was divorced at the time), and didn't realize what he was doing. Well, I've had sleepy sex; but before it got past arm-draped-over-chest, I was fully aware the girl wasn't 46 lbs. Later, when Sis finally decides she is going to go thru with the divorce, he says "Huh, your still upset about that?" The girl had started to go to counciling and that's how it eventaully got to my Sis. She actually still visits with her dad.2. my Stars username is CancerSucks. It should read "Smoking 3 packs a day for 40 years, Sucks"; but that wouldn't fit. A few months before joining FCP my mom died of lung cancer, the small cell kind. She had it for 16 months. During and after that time my dad quit his two-pack-a-day habit. Now, not only is he back to smoking; but his girlfriend (who he hooked up with just 6 months after mom died) also smokes. Thanksgiving will be a hoot.I tell my wife just about everything.But so far the 1st item makes me too sick to say it. I was literally shivering when Sis told me (I'll spare you the details). Of course you hear about it all the time. But to know all the people involved. The smoking just makes me sad and mad, that he can't beat it, especially after living with and caring for a lung cancer victim. Then of course, that might make the need that much more. The need for nicotine and the need to destroy yourself. I certainly could have been ther more. I resented some things. The new gf being one of them. If my job in Alabama comes through, I'll be much closer and we can build a relationship, or whatever dads and sons call it.***********that was too much info.Had that not been in my head, I"m sure the bad beats and coolers would not have prompted such a tirade earlier. Just a way to funnel the anger/sadnessForums are an odd thing. Most people reading this care nothing about me. In some ways you should feel used and in others know that it was helpful and that the community as a whole and several of you individually make my days more enjoyable. THanks for the outlet.************hi Morphii.

*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to xthesteinx [Qc Qd]xthesteinx: raises 1005 to 1605 and is all-inColdWinter: folds Sylt: folds AmarulaRob: raises 875 to 2480 and is all-inBulse: folds *** FLOP *** [3d Qh 6s]*** TURN *** [3d Qh 6s] [Jh]*** RIVER *** [3d Qh 6s Jh] [5h]*** SHOW DOWN ***AmarulaRob: shows [8h Ah] (a flush, Ace high)xthesteinx: shows [Qc Qd] (three of a kind, Queens)AmarulaRob collected 4060 from potStandard on Stars

Just got to work.
seriously, start a blog. you obviously need an outlet for some stuff going on in your life. we've all been there, and it helps to let it out.starting a blog will help with that, and it'll also allow you to only get comments from people who want to read it, as opposed to GenPoker dbags. You're well-liked on this forum, and I'm sure a blog would be widely-read, even if it was only tangentally (sp?) about poker.Also, take a long poker break. Nothing is worse than going through a rough patch in life and having to deal with two-outers.
Yeah buddy, get a blog and start writing stuff out...it's pretty cathartic and the people that you do care what they think about you will comment.
cathartic.... NH. I'm going to start adding that to my daily vocab.

while this thread entered that personal/blog zone.I'm not one to keep journals or share.So many more people with real seriousr problems and I'd rather not get to self-indulged. Look what it did to DirtyDutch?this is an exception, not the norm for me.I have a wife that I"ve known for 15 years.And some guys on here I can AIM/pm

while this thread entered that personal/blog zone.I'm not one to keep journals or share.So many more people with real seriousr problems and I'd rather not get to self-indulged. Look what it did to DirtyDutch?this is an exception, not the norm for me.I have a wife that I"ve known for 15 years.And some guys on here I can AIM/pm
I feel for ya with everything going on. If you ever need to talk I still get on AIM occasionally, though not as much as I'd like to, and you can PM me any time and you know you'll get a response. Like others have said, I'm sure all the 2-outers have just made other sh.it going on in your life worse. That said, I'm not sure quitting poker is the answer either, because it's an outlet and an escape for you and it's probably helping you to channel your anger, etc away from other places and maybe even let it out a bit. I sound like a psychologist now don't I? Weird. Anyway, good luck and I hope things get better for you soon.
how dare you hijack your own thread with reality? Can we get back to the ghost story, cause I think we were about to get to the bottom of it.Seriously Actuary, sorry to hear about the things you've been through and are going through. I used to post more about my personal life in OT, but decided it was best to stop.oh and fuck you Lee Jones
Seriously Actuary, sorry to hear about the things you've been through and are going through. I used to post more about my personal life in OT, but decided it was best to stop.oh and fuck you Lee Jones
thanks, man.Honestly, I've had a good life and been quite blessed/fortunate.Just a stressful spot here with my job hunt and impending move along with these other crappy items noted above. I waste too much of my life not getting the most out of it. [/ my posts in thread]