I'm Beginning To Love 50/100 Limit

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn.. Jamie(checky) is so right here its sick.. Ive been playing 10/20 short lately on stars.. and the agression level is so much higher than the lower limits.. and he is completely right.. you need to understand the agression.. not saying you dont.. but the play at that level is sicklllly agressive.. checky.. PM me... we should def talk short handed strat.. ive been killin it
the agression isn't that high on stars 10/20 short. Compared to the party games(pre-ban), its extremely passive. Granted, I haven't played on stars in at least 4 months, so it might be different now that stars has a lot more players in there. How many hands of short handed play have you done
if you run at 6bb/100 after 15k hands...then i'd say you are doing quite well..but shoot, your winrate at 2k hands means nothing. could heavily drop after another 200 hands.- Jordan
hell, even 15K hands is nothing. 6 BB/100 after that would just mean a sick heater, which may likely mean that he isn't playing the game all that right and is due for an even more sick downswing. I've seen many long term winning players stats at those limits(10/20-30/60) and a great win rate is 1.75 bb/100 and when you get up to 30/60, only very few players can beat it at 1.5 BB/100. To the guy who is claiming that he is killing short handed limit based off of 2K hands, honestly, you're a fool and it'll be funny to see your bitch stories when things start to go the other way, all you made over that hand period(which many pros do in a day btw) was 120 BBs(if you are at 6 BB/100 like you say), thats nothing and is just a small hot streak
i don't know if 10/20ish means 3/6 with some 10/20 thrown in or not. i'll give you benefit and say it was predominately 10/20. you didn't say if your experience was heads up or not. because you talk about "the game" i assume it was not heads up.if it was heads up i think you'd obviously be more open to what checky has said. nothing checky has said is this thread is in anyway incorrect. things others have said have been slightly off the joint.
I played against PP24 when I played 10/20 6 a few times at stars, I don't doubt the winrate he is saying in the slightest. I'm just kinda surprised that he didn't move over to party cause those games were awesome
To the guy who is claiming that he is killing short handed limit based off of 2K hands, honestly, you're a fool and it'll be funny to see your bitch stories when things start to go the other way, all you made over that hand period(which many pros do in a day btw) was 120 BBs(if you are at 6 BB/100 like you say), thats nothing and is just a small hot streak.
Come on KDawg, the thread has been positive and constructive to this point, there's no need to resort to name calling and wishing a cold streak on ANY players here on FCP.
Come on KDawg, the thread has been positive and constructive to this point, there's no need to resort to name calling and wishing a cold streak on ANY players here on FCP.
its bitterness. I've just played way too many hands of short limit and its just funny to me when people think that they found the holy grail. i've stayed out of the strat discussion of this as I've played next to no HU, never felt comfortable enough to do it. If this was 3 handed I'd be all over it
its bitterness. I've just played way too many hands of short limit and its just funny to me when people think that they found the holy grail. i've stayed out of the strat discussion of this as I've played next to no HU, never felt comfortable enough to do it. If this was 3 handed I'd be all over it
No problem bro...just trying to keep the thread positive. :club:
i don't know if 10/20ish means 3/6 with some 10/20 thrown in or not. i'll give you benefit and say it was predominately 10/20. you didn't say if your experience was heads up or not. because you talk about "the game" i assume it was not heads up.if it was heads up i think you'd obviously be more open to what checky has said. nothing checky has said is this thread is in anyway incorrect. things others have said have been slightly off the joint.
you prod dont know pp24 like I do.he'll play 5k hands in a day sometimes.he is sick.edit -- im just saying..the kid plays a ton of hands, and a lot of it has been at 10/20, 15/30, 30/60 on that site...so he knows what he is talking about and not just spewing (like I am). - Jordan
That's an absurd statement, how in the world can you say that you where top 4-5?
Cause I beat it for more then basically everyone just since i'm not known in general people find it absurd.historybg4.th.jpg
All 10/20 and maybe 5-10% of that was played HU. Most of my HU play has been played at 15/30 or higher.
I played against PP24 when I played 10/20 6 a few times at stars, I don't doubt the winrate he is saying in the slightest. I'm just kinda surprised that he didn't move over to party cause those games were awesome
Always found the games on stars easy, liked the software better and being supernova kind of kept me there as well. Might have been a mistake but o well.
again, i disagree with this claim being made in absolute and general terms, but it seems as though i'm not going to be able to convince you. that's fine, and good luck, but i don't know that this discussion can be at all productive if it's going to hinge on the particulars of what is fundamentally an estimation based on one's feel for a specific situation. i've been in spots where the 3BB/hand estimation would be too low, and also those in which it would be too high. all i'm trying to say is that it's true sometimes and against some players.
I agree it wont be productive because there's no way to calculate an actual figure.I just think that you're looking it from one end only.WHen you have a strong but second best hand against him, you lose a lot more too than you otherwise would too.What you're banking on is that you adapt better than him to a large enough degree to justify the bets lost here (which i would guess at about 2 to 3, not even close to 8).And i think that there are far better spots that come up to 'advertise' that are less costly, but make you look just as crazy.

Reading through this thread is painful.We have a sampling of very talented players that do their best to educate those who really want to learn to play, and then you have the donkey parade that just wants to argue with the advice/criticisms that the veterans are giving.