Ak Off Early In Sb

This is pretty early in the tournament. Villian seems like a very solid player. I have only seen him show down strong hands so far. My guess is that he had a mid pair or a flush draw. I am looking for advice on pre-flop and post flop play. My thoughts after the hand was that I should have just smooth called pre-flop and then decide what to do after the flop. My guess is that my continuation bet was not big enough and villian saw weakness. Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $25/$509 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with K :D A :D3 folds, MP2 raises to $175, 3 folds, Hero raises to $575, BB folds, MP2 calls.Flop: 4 :D Q :) T :club: ($1200, 2 players)Hero bets $500, MP2 raises to $1400, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $900 returned to MP2.Results:Final pot: $2200

I would have just smooth called preflop. AK is a good hand but be useless on a bad board and dangerous to reraise with out of position against a strong opponent. Your post flop bet is to small. I would have bet 800-900. Villain might think your throwing out a weak continuation because your first to act.

First off the way you played it you need to raise more if your going to take that route preflop. Being out of position for the rest of the hand is not favorable so I'd be looking to just take this down preflop. With such a small reraise you giving really good odds on a call and getting called just about every time in my opinion.Early on in a tournament I like just calling and seeing the flop. You need to build a stack to make a deep run and I think calling offers the best chance to do so. Smooth calling preflop will also help to disguise the strength of your hand. If you hit top pair on the flop you'll likely get alot of action from an AQ or KQ. Even if the villan does miss the flop hes still likely to continuation bet so you'll still get some chips with a check raise.As far as the flop the way it was played I think the continuation bet was the right size. It'll get a fold if he missed the flop. I think a more likely scenario is that the villan has a Q or some other piece of that flop, not that he read you weakness.

First off the way you played it you need to raise more if your going to take that route preflop. Being out of position for the rest of the hand is not favorable so I'd be looking to just take this down preflop. With such a small reraise you giving really good odds on a call and getting called just about every time in my opinion.
Just curious as to what you think a good re-raise would be. As played, I raised over three times villians original raise. I think if I re-raise any more I have to push the flop regardless of what hits.

Reraising preflop is fine.On the flop, you beg the villain to take the pot away from you. Not only are you betting less than you raised preflop, but you're doing it on a coordinated broadway board with a flush draw. Even if you had the nuts, QQ, you'd bet more on that flop to protect your hand.I'd have raised you on that flop with A3o knowing that you'd fold.

Reraising preflop is fine.On the flop, you beg the villain to take the pot away from you. Not only are you betting less than you raised preflop, but you're doing it on a coordinated broadway board with a flush draw. Even if you had the nuts, QQ, you'd bet more on that flop to protect your hand.I'd have raised you on that flop with A3o knowing that you'd fold.
lol. hindsight is 20/20.- Jordan

I have a feeling your probably reverse dominated..... but just a guess. In early tourny with your stack at 25-30M just smooth call outta position. Keep the pot small see if you hit. Remember it has the nickname anna kournikova for a reason looks good but rarely wins. On the flop you actually have a cool draw where if the pot was small you likely have odds to draw, you have the gut shot, two overs, and if i read it correct a back door nut flush draw. check call this hand if he bets out less than pot. see if you improve on the turn and go from there. Dont let yourself fall below an M of 20 when its not necessary and your at a point in the tourny that you want to preserve chips so that you can make calls filled with implied odds.EDIT: I read it wrong you didnt have the back door nut flush draw kinda changes your approach considerably IMO. What ev

Smooth call pre.. c/r any flop you hit. Hopefully they come along with a hand you have dominated (AQ, KQ, etc). Playing a big pot out of position with this kind of hand sucks.