Ugh, I Hate Feeling Like A Donk But...

So, in a live 1/2 game mid week. ( i say this because mid week draws less dead money)I'm sitting at $95 after the worst cold carded session i've had in months.** note:, the guy 2 seats to my left just went on tilt, he lost a 300 dollar pot to some kid and re-bought for 200.He has raised 8 of his last 10 hands, to 15 preflop. and he has called re-raises.He then fires out agressive.he has played all 10 hands in this rotation, 8 of which he raised to 15 preflop.the only hand he showed down he had K,2 and ended up rivering a boat.Now, I'm on BB with AQo. UTG folds and the agressive guy raises to 15.everyone folds to me, I have to assume my hand is good so i re-raise to 40.he then goes all in.Now i have 55 in front of me and 135 in the pot for me to win with an AQo.whats thoughts here?

ok, I'm glad all the thoughts are similar, I also figured, he probably picked up a hand but his range is so large now that i should call but not be too surprised if i'm behind.
Yeah, I mean, I know it sucks, since you said he's called re-raises before, but doesn't sound like he's pushed back, but with the size of your stack, based on his range, you're behind AA, AK, KK, and QQ, but against anything else, you're a flip or ahead. Not much else you can do there with only 55 behind.
Yeah, I mean, I know it sucks, since you said he's called re-raises before, but doesn't sound like he's pushed back, but with the size of your stack, based on his range, you're behind AA, AK, KK, and QQ, but against anything else, you're a flip or ahead. Not much else you can do there with only 55 behind.
And we do a little :club: when he turns over KQ. And then a little :D when the K spikes on the riv.

We need to win 29% of the time to break even.

equity (%)	  win (%)	tie (%) Hand  1:	68.7548 %	  54.74% 	14.02%	  { QQ+, AQs+, AQo+ }Hand  2:	31.2452 %	  17.23% 	14.02%	  { AQo }

So, we make a little profit on the call even given a pretty tight range.Suppose he puts in the third raise with only AA or KK.

equity (%)	  win (%)	tie (%) Hand  1:	78.7715 %	  78.41% 	00.36%	  { KK+ }Hand  2:	21.2285 %	  20.87% 	00.36%	  { AQo }

We'd trade $55 for $40.33 in equity, or a loss of $14.66.Suppose he puts in the third range with anything decent.

equity (%)	  win (%)	tie (%) Hand  1:	48.7033 %	  44.35% 	04.35%	  { 22+, A8s+, A8o+ }Hand  2:	51.2967 %	  46.94% 	04.35%	  { AQo }

We'd trade $55 for $97.46, or a profit of $42.46.

This shouldn't even be a question. You made a decision to go after him and now you have to follow through.
Not really, this is the 1st time he re-raised over the top preflop.even agressive players can pick up hands

I think when any player is seemingly playing that wildly, then it's gonna be hard to laydown a hand like AQ, which is horrible in most preflop raising wars, but is likely golden here.If I were him, and I was gonna play the hand, I'd just push over top of your reraise too because your stack dictates that if I'm gonna play the hand against you, that I gotta get all of my chips in the middle. What I'm saying is that I think that your stack size dictated his reraise, not necessarily the strength of his hand.

oh, i guess i could post results if anyone cares.I did call like most of you assumed since i was facing a maniac and my price.I told him, I hate this call, but i sorta have too. I flipped AQ, and he showed AK, and he gave me respect since he knew it was lucky for him to pick that up after his 8 round raising session

oh, i guess i could post results if anyone cares.I did call like most of you assumed since i was facing a maniac and my price.I told him, I hate this call, but i sorta have too. I flipped AQ, and he showed AK, and he gave me respect since he knew it was lucky for him to pick that up after his 8 round raising session
:club: sorry man... yeah post the results... i'm hoping you piked a Q or took it down in some way... try not to get heated and be out to get anyone... AQ is just that... AK isn't much of a hand pre-flop... i know we've heard this more and more.. but a pair of 2's will beat those hand more often....I would have called him to see a flop and deguised your hand if u flop something good...