Breaking Records @ Foxwoods

yea, they changed the buyin i guess. We all bought in for 200, at one point luckbox loosh had at least 800 or 1k in front of him. Q8 vs KK vs Q5 all in pre, flop is 23Q Q 6... 10 6 vs my K8..,.on one hand, he blind minraised the straddle to 8 and roothlus opened to 40 from EP....folds to loosh, he calls in the dark, roothlus announces all in in the dark even though he was out of turn...flop 228 off loosh checks rooth is all in, loosh looks at his cards and instacalls. Looshle has 83, roothlus has 42, turn 8 obviously.

yea, they changed the buyin i guess. We all bought in for 200, at one point luckbox loosh had at least 800 or 1k in front of him. Q8 vs KK vs Q5 all in pre, flop is 23Q Q 6... 10 6 vs my K8..,.on one hand, he blind minraised the straddle to 8 and roothlus opened to 40 from EP....folds to loosh, he calls in the dark, roothlus announces all in in the dark even though he was out of turn...flop 228 off loosh checks rooth is all in, loosh looks at his cards and instacalls. Looshle has 83, roothlus has 42, turn 8 obviously.
-that game sounds like great fun...remind me to remind you to jump in on the next 1-2 or 2-5 cash game im playing that you happen to walk by...
really? i haven't played 1-2 in months so i wasn't aware. It's about time! Seriously thought they would never change that...
I was down 2 weeks ago to play in the Omaha Hi/Lo tourney and wasn't aware of the changes. I hadn't played in months either, and I sat down with $100 thinking that was the max buy-in. Kid next to me has $1000 and is opening pots for $25. I asked him how long he had been there to get that stack, and he said about an hour. I asked him how the hell he went from $100 to $1000 in an hour and that's when the rest of the table told me that the buy in was $300.

I pretty much figured out that live NL you should play one limit below the limit you want. I wanted to play 10/25 but I didnt have enough cash to reload so I got into 5/10 and saw the max buy in was 2k...pretty soon there was a forced straddle to 20 and it played the same as 10/20 maybe even wilder.

I pretty much figured out that live NL you should play one limit below the limit you want. I wanted to play 10/25 but I didnt have enough cash to reload so I got into 5/10 and saw the max buy in was 2k...pretty soon there was a forced straddle to 20 and it played the same as 10/20 maybe even wilder.
But they don't have a .25-.50 cent game at Foxwoods. Now what the hell am I supposed to do?
It was hilarious because we just tilted EVERYONE including the dealers and floor. I had written a ton of the hands we played in this post, but I deleted them b/c it is one of the "you had to be there" type things and they just sounded kinda boring I guess...still thought it was funny enough to say that we built the biggest 1/2 pot ever in foxwoods.
Why would the dealers be tilted after all that action everywhere? Yall musta been stone cold stiffs.
Why would the dealers be tilted after all that action everywhere? Yall musta been stone cold stiffs.
dude I tipped one of them 20 bux to call roothlus an *******...we were FAR from stiffs....the one chick who reaaaally hated us, I think just got pissed that we were throwing chips around like idiots going in dark, and she also didn't like us calling rooth the best player in the world every two seconds....She said "you guys sound real smart...you probably didn't even go to school (or something like that) and while you think you're cool making a living playing 1/2 no limit, I'll be in school and make 150,000 a year when I graduate...." then roothlus' freind says "well, he's made 250k so far this year" and she gets all pissed and starts calling us jerks...I think one dealer had a good time another was pretty pissed and the one bitchy dealer was pissed and very vocal about it. I can see how they'd think we were annoying, but we were just having fun, and making fun of the people who were dumb enough to sit out and leave the game and call us idiots....you'd think they would be in their dream 1/2 game, no?
I think one dealer had a good time another was pretty pissed and the one bitchy dealer was pissed and very vocal about it. I can see how they'd think we were annoying, but we were just having fun, and making fun of the people who were dumb enough to sit out and leave the game and call us idiots....you'd think they would be in their dream 1/2 game, no?
I did the same in vegas, but thats expected there. all in darks etc.. straddle after straddle, I think you're just not realizing that most 1/2 players cant even afford to play that limit. but its the smallest limit available so they "try it out"and when you cant afford to gamble, especially vs multiway agressors, it gets frustrating.When i go on tilt online, i jump on lower tables and push everyhand, but before i do so, i usually tell people why i'm there.I dont want to take their money, i just want to clear my head.
dude I tipped one of them 20 bux to call roothlus an *******...we were FAR from stiffs....the one chick who reaaaally hated us, I think just got pissed that we were throwing chips around like idiots going in dark, and she also didn't like us calling rooth the best player in the world every two seconds....She said "you guys sound real smart...you probably didn't even go to school (or something like that) and while you think you're cool making a living playing 1/2 no limit, I'll be in school and make 150,000 a year when I graduate...." then roothlus' freind says "well, he's made 250k so far this year" and she gets all pissed and starts calling us jerks...I think one dealer had a good time another was pretty pissed and the one bitchy dealer was pissed and very vocal about it. I can see how they'd think we were annoying, but we were just having fun, and making fun of the people who were dumb enough to sit out and leave the game and call us idiots....you'd think they would be in their dream 1/2 game, no?
Thats what I meant, I deal and I pray to get in games like that. That is a dream game, loose action means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I did the same in vegas, but thats expected there. all in darks etc.. straddle after straddle, I think you're just not realizing that most 1/2 players cant even afford to play that limit. but its the smallest limit available so they "try it out"and when you cant afford to gamble, especially vs multiway agressors, it gets frustrating.When i go on tilt online, i jump on lower tables and push everyhand, but before i do so, i usually tell people why i'm there.I dont want to take their money, i just want to clear my head.
I know its frustrating, but I mean...anyone that plays that game with semi serious/money making mentality should be extremely pleased when people sit in and shove every hand.I remember when I was playing .5/1 nl, I'd run PT on all tables trying to find one with a high limit tilter, when I did I'd sit in immediately. I've even done it recently when I see brad booth open shoving on bigger full tilt games, of course he stacks me b/c I never win, but thats besides the point. The point is, that telling someone they're an idiot, or telling them to leave a table when they're trying to give money away is pretty funny imo. The one kid that was smart and came in ready to gamble his 1/2 profits away, made 3k, :club: .
I know its frustrating, but I mean...anyone that plays that game with semi serious/money making mentality should be extremely pleased when people sit in and shove every hand.I remember when I was playing .5/1 nl, I'd run PT on all tables trying to find one with a high limit tilter, when I did I'd sit in immediately. I've even done it recently when I see brad booth open shoving on bigger full tilt games, of course he stacks me b/c I never win, but thats besides the point. The point is, that telling someone they're an idiot, or telling them to leave a table when they're trying to give money away is pretty funny imo. The one kid that was smart and came in ready to gamble his 1/2 profits away, made 3k, :club: .
I agree but sometimes when you nutbar a low limit, people get pissed off if you are very lucky and kicking their as s. I remember nutbarring 2 4 limit at Brantford, raising and capping every street no matter what I had and I creamed the table on pure luck. It was funny because people were actually pissed off and either asked for a table change or left in a huff.

Too many people get upset when people "don't play right"Then again when you gave wifey a few bucks to play slots so that she would let you play with the 200 bucks she figured you can afford you at least want to play for a few minutes before you go brokeAs for the dealer I would have informed her that an art history degree and a bad attitude doesn't exactly pull in 150k a year

reminds me of a 2/5 game in AC back in august...it got so out of hand. one guy tipped $300 after a hand.I tipped $160 or something. LOL.needless to say the game was playing much higher than 2/5.lolololi always laugh when ppl ***** about those kinda games..luckily our table was badass..everyone was having a good time.- Jordan

What really sucks about those 1-2 NL wacko games is when you spot the game and figure hand selection will win you at least 1k...you then somehow manage to get on the list and get a seat......and you then.......RUN LIKE ****.Those people that were complaining are idiots...it was christmas and they wanted to spit in Santa's face?

only one poker room at Foxwoods, $100 max buy-in at 1-22-5NL is much much better...$300-$500 buy-in
Heard they changed it to $300 max recently for 1-2 NL -- within the last month or two."Only one poker" room. That sounds misleading. It's a giant f***ing poker room.

LOL. nice story man.for future fooling around, i recommend doing something that wintermute recounted once in his blog: sitting at a 1/2 NL table and making some ridiculous rule where if you get a certain card (theirs was any 4) you have to yell something retarded (kay-ya! was their choice) and go all in preflop. of course, this changes the game so much (calling queen high, anyone?) that people will never be able to figure out how to adapt and you'll probably all end up huge winners while pissing everyone off.for that story, read wintermute's blog, which is hilarious anyway. he tells a better story than i do.my story's not that fun, but it's kinda silly--at a 5/10 game at the aladdin once (limit), two guys from boyz II men sat at a table with me and my roommate and we decided to get hammered and have some fun. my roommate would consistently ask the dealer to break 5 dollar chips and then tip a dollar for doing so, at which point i would call him a cheap **** and toss the dealer five bucks. between the two of us we tipped about 500 bucks that night, drank about 30 beers, did a shot with boyz II men, got some autographs, and somehow ended up at the spearmint rhino. i am also reasonably sure that one of the boyz II men guys has my cell #, but i can't possibly verify that.

POKERSTARS GAME #7012853016: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.01/$0.02) - 2006/11/13 - 18:36:10 (ET)Table 'Doris II' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: willesco ($1 in chips) Seat 2: slammedfire ($5 in chips) Seat 3: istylez ($25.60 in chips) Seat 4: 1016 ($114.95 in chips) Seat 6: mabedi ($1 in chips) Seat 8: noneedtobluf ($5 in chips) Seat 9: Magsugal ($127.61 in chips) noneedtobluf: posts small blind $0.01Magsugal: posts big blind $0.02*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Magsugal [Qc Qd]FridayNites has returnedwillesco: raises $0.98 to $1 and is all-inslammedfire: raises $4 to $5 and is all-in1016: raises $109.95 to $114.95 and is all-inmabedi: calls $1 and is all-innoneedtobluf: calls $4.99 and is all-inMagsugal: calls $114.93*** FLOP *** [As 4s Qs]*** TURN *** [As 4s Qs] [5h]*** RIVER *** [As 4s Qs 5h] [5c]*** SHOW DOWN ***Magsugal: shows [Qc Qd] (a full house, Queens full of Fives)1016: mucks hand Magsugal collected $218 from side pot-2 slammedfire: mucks hand noneedtobluf: mucks hand Magsugal collected $15.20 from side pot-1 willesco: mucks hand mabedi: mucks hand Magsugal collected $5.70 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $241.90 Main pot $5.70. Side pot-1 $15.20. Side pot-2 $218. | Rake $3 Board [As 4s Qs 5h 5c]Seat 1: willesco mucked [9c 7d]Seat 2: slammedfire mucked [4d 6h]Seat 3: istylez folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: 1016 mucked [6d Jc]Seat 6: mabedi (button) mucked [2d 6s]Seat 8: noneedtobluf (small blind) mucked [5d 7c]Seat 9: Magsugal (big blind) showed [Qc Qd] and won ($238.90) with a full house, Queens full of Fives-This has got to be some kind of record?

when I was in vegas a few weeks ago, there was a guy playing at Mandelay bay who built a 5k stack in 1/2 NL and gave it ALL back before the end of the night. yes 200 --> 5k ---> 0 in one night at 1/2 NL. he was a drunk TV executive or something from belgium.