daniel do you call?

It's a satellite tournament to win 1 seat for WSOP150 playersBlind 75-150There is still 70 playersI'm am in the average with 4500I'm UTG with AK :D => I raise 450Everybody fold and the SB call my raise => we are HUFlop : 2 :) 7 :) 9 :) The SB bet all-in (his stake is just a little bit more higher than me)I callThe SB has a pair of TTNo A, K or diams, I'm outDO YOU CALL ?

if you know he has TT it's an easy call. If there's a possibility of AA or KK it's less easy, but I think you still make it, especially since he might be on a bluff with AQ or something

I believe you're about a 2-1 favorite if you're absolutely positive before he flips them that he has pocket tens. Calling here would all be based on whether you're willing to gamble with your tournament life... Even though you're statistically ahead, you don't have a hand yet. If stack sizes were different (say this was for half of your stack rather than the whole shebangabang) it becomes an easier call... If you think you're better than the field, this is an easy fold, as you'll have many opportunities to win pots later with much less risk involved...

You are a 55/45 favourite in this position. Like a previous poster said, its up to you if you want to gamble your tourney life on just better than a coin flip.I wouldn't.Dev

I think that if only winner pays, you've gotta gamble. You need to build a stack so you can hold on in the later stages. If it wasn't a winner-take-all, I don't think I make the call. Under normal circumstances, I would wait until I was a definitive favorite to get all my money in the pot.

my name's not daniel, but i say call. 15 outs (i think, 9 :D 's and 6 A's and K's) and 2 times to hit em. I dont need the odds calculator to tell ya that you are the favorite. and like previous posters said, considering the makeup of the satelite, ou HAVE to get in there and 'gamble' (as a favorite)

my name's not daniel, but i say call.  15 outs (i think, 9  :D 's and 6 A's and K's)  and 2 times to hit em.  I dont need the odds calculator to tell ya that you are the favorite.
13 outs actually, 9 diamonds yes, but 1 of those is Kd and one is Ad, leaving 2 other aces and 2 other kings. 13 outs = roughly 52% to catch. However he also has 2 outs to improve to a set (actually he may only have one out here now that I think about it, depending on his he is holding a Td or not), so that puts it at pretty much exactly a coinflip. So you gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky? Well, do yah, punk?on the other hand he already has money invested so he is getting odds to call here. Boils down to what kind of tourney player you are... are you a tight Phil Hellmuth(Why gamble all my chips on a coin flip? They are all monkies and will be begging to just give me all their chips later anyway), or a crazy Gus Hansen(POT ODDS!!! I CALL POT ODDS POT ODDS!!!)

The AK of diamonds are in his hand, so there are 3kings, 3 Aces, and 9 diamonds (provided your opponent doesnt have a set). In that case you only got 9 outs. Regardless, I like the call because it is a satallite paying 1 spot and you need to build up chips. THe only thing that matters is 1st and that needs to be your goal. While getting your chips in as a 55% favorite is not ideal, your going to have to win a few coin flips along the way and you might as well do one here where you can get some chips really going. By having a bigger chip stack you can afford to lose a coinflip or two later and not be shortstacked.

my name's not daniel, but i say call.  15 outs (i think, 9  :) 's and 6 A's and K's)  and 2 times to hit em.  I dont need the odds calculator to tell ya that you are the favorite.
13 outs actually, 9 diamonds yes, but 1 of those is Kd and one is Ad, leaving 2 other aces and 2 other kings. 13 outs = roughly 52% to catch.
he has the A :D and K :) in his hand. so they are not his outs. 9 diamonds 3 aces 3 kings =15
my name's not daniel, but i say call.  15 outs (i think, 9  :D 's and 6 A's and K's)  and 2 times to hit em.  I dont need the odds calculator to tell ya that you are the favorite.
13 outs actually, 9 diamonds yes, but 1 of those is Kd and one is Ad, leaving 2 other aces and 2 other kings. 13 outs = roughly 52% to catch. However he also has 2 outs to improve to a set (actually he may only have one out here now that I think about it, depending on his he is holding a Td or not), so that puts it at pretty much exactly a coinflip. So you gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky? Well, do yah, punk?on the other hand he already has money invested so he is getting odds to call here. Boils down to what kind of tourney player you are... are you a tight Phil Hellmuth(Why gamble all my chips on a coin flip? They are all monkies and will be begging to just give me all their chips later anyway), or a crazy Gus Hansen(POT ODDS!!! I CALL POT ODDS POT ODDS!!!)
No, it's 15. And he may only have 1 out to make that set depending on wether or not one of his pocket tens was a diamond.(I see you've since edited.)
you're right, I'm an idiot. I should stop posting on this forumn when I've been awake for 24+ hours... Heh I do most of my posting here during bouts of insomnia.
Ain't no thing. Your name says it all. :D
(I see you've since edited.)
yeah, i realized he might have only had 1 out just after i enetered my message. now if only i had realized the rest of my stupidity before someone had quoted me I could have erased the whole thing :PI'd have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you darned kids and that dog!

otnemem wrote-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I believe you're about a 2-1 favorite if you're absolutely positive before he flips them that he has pocket tens.-------------------------Ahhhh.... can u explain how he could be absolutly positive he has pockets 10's before the flip??Everytime I play online or live,the cards have backs on them..Can you tell me what site you play on? I would love to join :-)

If this were a cash game, get your money in there as fast as possible. BUT IT"S NOT.I don't care if this is only paying 1 spot. If you fold, you still have over 26 times the big blind. Way more than enough to even be semi desperate. Therefore, don't call your tournament away on a draw. That's the most ridiculous advise ever. Just fold, AK suited is a pretty hand, and that's all it was after the flop too. If you had only 1000 left, then easy call, but you still have over 4000 left after you fold and the blinds are still only 75/150. I will put money that Daniel folds here too.But that's just me, I want to win by playing good poker, not by getting lucky when I don't need to yet. Note, if blinds were 200/400, then you have a harder choice, but NOT when they are 75/150. especially since I bet the next level is 100/200 and then either 100/200 25 ante or 150/300, so you have at least 2 more level of not having to be desperate, EASY FOLD!!!!

Have you read any of Daniel's articles or read about the heads up championship match agasinst Antonio. He actually got all in against Antonio with AK suited on a 2 to the suit flop. Now Antonio had a set of 10's which screwed a lot of Daniel's outs, and i dont know exactly how the betting worked out, I'm guessing Daniel was the one who moved all in. But in a tournament like this one the whole point is to get a lot of chips early or bust out so you can make a decent run at the money. In this case only 1 spot pays out so there no way you should fold. With 2 times as many chips as you have now you can make a decent run at the money. Also theres about 1000 dead money in the pot which isn't alot, or enough to give you pot odds if your a dog but with a 5050 shot it definatly adds to your incentive to call. If you have the chance to take a race at this point in the tournament, where your actually a slight favorite do it every time.

He bet 4,000 to protect a pot of 1,200 (roughly)? Overpockets, flush draw with a straight draw or a set seem like the only possible hands he could be holding. A set or over pocket kings/aces are the only things that'd make you consider folding. There are other possible hands that you would have completely dominated. Over pockets and a set are marginally disfavorable to call i think, but from your perspective, there are too many other things he could be holding that would put you WAY ahead.