Here's an example:blinds are 50/100You're in the bb with 1200. The button has you covered.You have 55. The button raises to 400. If you go all in he will almost certainly call gettin gover 2-1 and you will be coin flipping so you call and push the flop.The stop and go refers to an action like this on any street.Hope that helps.

The idea is, if you have 55 and he has KQ or 99 (or something similar) he will fold on an ace high flop. Similarly, if he has AQ, he may fold on a K high flop.I havent seen the equity calculations based on the stop and go, so I am unsure of whether it is an improvement on shoving preflop.

The idea is, if you have 55 and he has KQ or 99 (or something similar) he will fold on an ace high flop. Similarly, if he has AQ, he may fold on a K high flop.I havent seen the equity calculations based on the stop and go, so I am unsure of whether it is an improvement on shoving preflop.
Correct, for anyone who hasnt figured it out yet, its because someone who raises preflop will most likely call a re-raise all in, This way they hope they are ahead or a coin flip and can see all 5 cards.But the stop and go is designed to work as a preflop push, but with the added Fold equity on the flop if villains hand doesnt improve.example:You, A,10 1200 chipsvillain 9,9 4000 chipsvillain raises to 400Now we are told we should push or fold in these spots, however a stop and go would be to call, then push the flop regardless.so flop comes K,J,3 we push. now with 2 overs on board villains 9,9's doesnt look as good for another 800.
Correct, for anyone who hasnt figured it out yet, its because someone who raises preflop will most likely call a re-raise all in, This way they hope they are ahead or a coin flip and can see all 5 cards.But the stop and go is designed to work as a preflop push, but with the added Fold equity on the flop if villains hand doesnt improve.example:You, A,10 1200 chipsvillain 9,9 4000 chipsvillain raises to 400Now we are told we should push or fold in these spots, however a stop and go would be to call, then push the flop regardless.so flop comes K,J,3 we push. now with 2 overs on board villains 9,9's doesnt look as good for another 800.
Or he instacalls with J-3, donk.sw :club: