Ps3+ebay=gold

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else going to be buying any to sell on Ebay? I'm going to be getting 3 to sell. They are selling on Ebay for 1200+ so who knows what people will pay for them when it gets closer to x-mas.
I was, but I couldn't get anybody to invest with me and I'm flat broke on my own.

I hope you have friends going with you because you can't just go in and buy 3. Limit 1 per customer. I'll most likely be camping out 10hrs+ early and get one to sell. And for those that didn't know, I go to best buy with about 15 people thanksgiving evening (5ish) and we camp out until 9am the next morning for all the deals. (then of course to resell most of it online) Great experience though and lots of fun

Read a report on a gaming site that ebay is going to pull any PS3 auctions that go over 2x the systems retail price at Sony's request.
How can they justify this?

I had this in mind for a while especially after camping out last year for Xbox 360. PS3 is looking to be harder to get and therefore be going for alot higher. I really wanna do this but having a tough time finding someone to camp with.

I had this in mind for a while especially after camping out last year for Xbox 360. PS3 is looking to be harder to get and therefore be going for alot higher. I really wanna do this but having a tough time finding someone to camp with.
I'm not sure if I want to camp for a PS3. After all the problem Sony's had with them I think I might wait for the next shipment to come out so they get a chance to fix any bugs.
I'm not sure if I want to camp for a PS3. After all the problem Sony's had with them I think I might wait for the next shipment to come out so they get a chance to fix any bugs.
Well obviously, if you thinking of keeping it to play yourself, you never want a first generation from the 1st shipment as there are always bugs. However it's great to get a 1st shipment if you intend to sell it.
How can they justify this?
Ebay regularly pulls auctions at companies requests if they feel that people are price gouging/exploiting the market. In tis case Sony is asking Ebay to put a cap on the amount an auction for a PS3 can go for in an effort to discourage people from buying multiple systems just to reseall them while Sony can't keep up with system demand.

I would just buy 2 PS3's...Sell them on ebay for 2x the price. Ship them in cardboard boxes...then sell 2 PS3 boxes for the same price because people are too stupid to read the info of an auction before they buy it.

Good news, my buddy is coming down to my college next Thursday, then we are gonna go camp out Target or Best Buy sometime in the evening. We will stay there til mourning, pick two up then drive back to my house where my dad will then proceed to sell them on Ebay for an overly inflated price.

Do stores that are open 24/7 start selling PS3's at 12:01am on that Thursday? Or no? Because if that is the case, I'm going to the bank to try to get a PS3 that day...or night...you know what I mean.

Do stores that are open 24/7 start selling PS3's at 12:01am on that Thursday? Or no? Because if that is the case, I'm going to the bank to try to get a PS3 that day...or night...you know what I mean.
I know Wal-Mart does, although it will be 12:01 A.M. Friday not Thursday.
I know Wal-Mart does, although it will be 12:01 A.M. Friday not Thursday.
Really...Friday...hmm...thats even better. I can get a few people to come with me and buy some PS3's...this is going to be sweet.Hmm...based on my calculations...I can get up to 6 of these bad boys if I can somehow get to walmart well before 12:01pm...then try to bank on either 1 or 2 meijers in town. Then if that's not the case...I will campout the best buy overnight. Of course me and my gf will be buying them each
The guys at Bestbuy said they were going to sell in the 2-2500 range online, esp during Christmas season.
That guy underestimated that amount...they are being sold for $3000 on ebay right now for pre-orders
That guy underestimated that amount...they are being sold for $3000 on ebay right now for pre-orders
yeah but the highest bided ones are like 1600i have 1 preordered and if the bids reach over 2k after launch im selling and my cousin may be able to get me one (hes getting 6, he works for nintendo setting up their store displays and knows ppl at many stores)
yeah but the highest bided ones are like 1600i have 1 preordered and if the bids reach over 2k after launch im selling and my cousin may be able to get me one (hes getting 6, he works for nintendo setting up their store displays and knows ppl at many stores)
I want the Wii. Really impressed by everything that system has to offer.
Ebay or Sony? I can easily see how Sony justifies this. I wouldn't want people immediately buying my system second hand the week it comes out. I want every sucker to line up for a new one.
I'm talking about eBay.
Ebay regularly pulls auctions at companies requests if they feel that people are price gouging/exploiting the market. In tis case Sony is asking Ebay to put a cap on the amount an auction for a PS3 can go for in an effort to discourage people from buying multiple systems just to reseall them while Sony can't keep up with system demand.
People use Ebay to sell items at a price people are willing to pay. Is that not the whole concept of an auction?If Sony is that concerned about everybody having the opportunity to buy one maybe they should have more made before releasing them.Oh...and they could lower the price too.