Running It Twice

When running it twice, is it common to run the cards, then scoop them up, shuffle, and run the streets again......or do you deal the streets you are running twice......leave them on the table....and run it again with the first run still face up on the table...Discuss

When running it twice, is it common to run the cards, then scoop them up, shuffle, and run the streets again......or deal the streets you are running twice......leave them on the table....and run it again with the first run still face up on the table...Discuss
No discussion needed.

...and then divide the chips up evenly to everybody at the table. We are playing for fun you know.

You run the cards, leave them on the table, and then run the cards again. So, for instance, you would run a turn and then a river and then you would run a second turn and a second river (with burn cards and such) and they would all be out there on the table. Whoever won the first hand gets half of the pot and whoever won the second hand get the other half of the pot.You have the same EV of running it twice as you do of running it only once.

You run the cards, leave them on the table, and then run the cards again. So, for instance, you would run a turn and then a river and then you would run a second turn and a second river (with burn cards and such) and they would all be out there on the table. Whoever won the first hand gets half of the pot and whoever won the second hand get the other half of the pot.You have the same EV of running it twice as you do of running it only once.
I don't know that I agree entirely with this. Let's say I hold AK suited, and go all in preflop. We'll make the assumption that I get called by an underpair, regardless how big. Holding an unmade hand, I would rather run it twice, hopefully catching my cards. Even on a board of 2 4 7 rainbow against pocket jacks, I would run it twice, again, maximizing my chances of catching my overcards.Conversely, if I hold a pocket pair and get called by AK, I don't want to run it twice. I would hope my hand holds up. Why put a bunch more cards out there to my pocket pair?I might be retarded, but do you understand my point?
Conversely, if I hold a pocket pair and get called by AK, I don't want to run it twice. I would hope my hand holds up. Why put a bunch more cards out there to my pocket pair?
Because common poker god knowledge states that if you only run it once sometimes, then the flop will be AAK just to piss you off.
I don't know that I agree entirely with this. Let's say I hold AK suited, and go all in preflop. We'll make the assumption that I get called by an underpair, regardless how big. Holding an unmade hand, I would rather run it twice, hopefully catching my cards. Even on a board of 2 4 7 rainbow against pocket jacks, I would run it twice, again, maximizing my chances of catching my overcards.Conversely, if I hold a pocket pair and get called by AK, I don't want to run it twice. I would hope my hand holds up. Why put a bunch more cards out there to my pocket pair?I might be retarded, but do you understand my point?
You're retarded. The EV is the same, after all they have to catch an A or K on both runs in order to win the whole pot. This has been discussed approximately 17 brazillion times.
You're retarded. The EV is the same, after all they have to catch an A or K on both runs in order to win the whole pot. This has been discussed approximately 17 brazillion times.
Your use of the english language sucks, but if you are saying "All they have to catch is an A or K", then thanks for pointing out the obvious. I had no idea.My point was, that if you run it twice then there are six cards, three aces and three kings, that the villain could catch to improve his hand. If you see two boards of five cards (Or a flop and two turns/rivers for 7 cards) then he has many more chances to catch his overcards, than if you just run it once and see five cards. I know it's a coinflip, but that isn't my point.Want me to draw you a picture?EDIT: I guess I shouldn't have bolded the EV part of the quote in my above post. My point is not about EV, it is about running more cards with a pair as a made hand against an unmade hand with two overs.
I thought I showed this already in the other thread ???Each of you will win outright less often running it twice than you do runnig it once. The fact that you split sometimes running it twice, compensates each of you for those times you win less. Study the numbers in that thread
I thought I showed this already in the other thread ???Each of you will win outright less often running it twice than you do runnig it once. The fact that you split sometimes running it twice, compensates each of you for those times you win less. Study the numbers in that thread
I replied to this before I saw the other thread, but was just trying to make what I said more clear.You are a god. Carry on.

EDIT: I guess I shouldn't have bolded the EV part of the quote in my above post. My point is not about EV, it is about running more cards with a pair as a made hand against an unmade hand with two overs.
the AK will not win TWO TIMES, though, as often as it would win 1 time.1/2 of the time AK win's 1 of 2 runs + the times AK wins both runs equals the same as the times AK would have won a single run.
I replied to this before I saw the other thread, but was just trying to make what I said more clear.You are a god. Carry on.
oops.I should look at time stamps
**********the AK will not win TWO TIMES, though, as often as it would win 1 time.1/2 of the time AK win's 1 of 2 runs + the times AK wins both runs equals the same as the times AK would have won a single run.oops.I should look at time stamps
That, and change your av. That's just gross.Also, I was just thinking about one hand, not over a period of time.
Your use of the english language sucks, but if you are saying "All they have to catch is an A or K", then thanks for pointing out the obvious. I had no idea.My point was, that if you run it twice then there are six cards, three aces and three kings, that the villain could catch to improve his hand. If you see two boards of five cards (Or a flop and two turns/rivers for 7 cards) then he has many more chances to catch his overcards, than if you just run it once and see five cards. I know it's a coinflip, but that isn't my point.Want me to draw you a picture?EDIT: I guess I shouldn't have bolded the EV part of the quote in my above post. My point is not about EV, it is about running more cards with a pair as a made hand against an unmade hand with two overs.
No I was saying what I said, they have to catch an A or a K on both runs in order to win the whole. Yes, they will win one of the more often than they would win just one run (twice as often in fact, what a surprise). But that only wins them half the pot. In order to such out on you they have to catch an A or a K on both runs. Hence you lose the pot less often.Of course the trade off is that you split the pot a lot too.But feel free to stay retarded and ignore the simple math.
No I was saying what I said, they have to catch an A or a K on both runs in order to win the whole. Yes, they will win one of the more often than they would win just one run (twice as often in fact, what a surprise).
wrong.they will not even win 1 or 2 of the 2 runs 2x more than they would win the 1 run. Let's keep math simple and assume 50/50 for each run/trial.Now, I'd do the rest for you; but you were a jerk to Jeepster. (did you miss where he said he saw the light now?)Apologize and I'll hold your hand through the rest of this.k ?