I was watching the Tournament of Champions last night for the first time last night. There was a hand between Mike Sexton and Mike Matasow where Sexton calls him down with bottom pair (3's).DN stands up and is like wow oooohhhhh u just got PWNED.I thought it was cool and laughed, did anyone else catch that?

I was watching the Tournament of Champions last night for the first time last night. There was a hand between Mike Sexton and Mike Matasow where Sexton calls him down with bottom pair (3's).DN stands up and is like wow oooohhhhh u just got PWNED.I thought it was cool and laughed, did anyone else catch that?
What night was that on?
DN stands up and is like wow oooohhhhh u just got PWNED.I thought it was cool and laughed, did anyone else catch that?
Did he say it like "owned" or like "powned" or like "pawned"?Cause if it was either of the latter two options that is not cool, those "words" should never be spoken.
I have to say I hated the phrase owned anyway, the version with a p in it is just plain stupid.If you gonna rub someone down why not just kick them in the bollocks instead of using stupid phrases like that.
Hold on here...so it pwned pronounced like "owned" but with a P sound or like pawned/pond?
Its pwned pronounced like "owned". Did you se that episode of Southpark about a month ago that was about World of Warcraft? Anyways when Cartman finally kills the guy at the end of the episode he says it that way, I was LMAO.
Its pwned pronounced like "owned". Did you se that episode of Southpark about a month ago that was about World of Warcraft? Anyways when Cartman finally kills the guy at the end of the episode he says it that way, I was LMAO.
Yeah, logically it should rhyme with "owned"...for some reason I always hear it in my head as "pawned" though.
I disagree..I hear it in my head as like, 'Phoned', but with the 'p' sound instead of the 'f' sound.
Oh certainly, when I read it... in my head I say "poned". Ryhmes with phoned. Absolutley. But when said "IRL", I think owned is a better way to say it cause poned sounds teh ghey. It can only be said in jest. If somebody seriously said "pwned", I'd have to laugh. I think I'm gonna start saying "mobney" though.
The "p" is silent. It's pronounced the same as owned.
My concern is that this pronunciation doesn't enable the speaker to flaunt his awareness of the subset of culture that spawned the phenomenon. If someone verbally pronounces that you were "owned," it's quite possible that he is simply parroting other people who have said it aloud, and he may be completely clueless as to the correct spelling and derivation of the word.It's kind of like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, when he has to spell out the name of God by stepping on a giant Scrabble board of death, and he has a "doh" moment when he realizes "Jehovah" starts with an "I" in the Latin alphabet.The point is, any schmuck could spell Jehovah the American way, but only Indy and his dying father were privy to the cooler, more historically significant spelling.I see three alternatives:1) We pronounce it "Pyowned" or "Poo-Wind" to signify our understanding that the only thing that makes the phrase "Owned" trendy is its counterintuitive spelling; or2) We pronounce it "Owned," but add, "with a P." This approach minimizes the awkwardness of pronouncing a phonetically unmanageable word, but acknowledges the distinction between "Owned" and "Pwned"; or3) We pronounce it "Owned," and anyone aware that it's spelled with a P can give the speaker a knowing nod to signal membership in the exclusive club.I vote for "Owned with a P."