what music do you listen to when playing?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imma hip hop head, so I'm always bumping Hip Hop for the most part, but some R&B mixed in there as well to mellow it out. I'm usually playing the older stuff, I don't think there's been much good stuff out as of late. I've usually got some Nas, Jigga, Pac, Biggie, DMX, Dead Prez, Common, Talib Kweli playing.

Live I dont do music, but on the computer I leave Itunes on shuffle. Some CDs I have areBoth of Biggie's CDs (The original poster got it right, Ready to Die is just about perfect)All of A Tribe Called Quest's CDs (Anyone who appreciates hip hop and hasnt heard them must check it out)The Roots--Illadelph Halflife, The Tipping PointLeaders of the New School--A Future Without a PastDe La Soul--Three Feet High and RisingDigable Planets--Reachin'Pete Rock and CL Smooth--Mecca and the Soul Brother, The Main Ingredient (T.R.O.Y. is one of the greatest hip hop songs. period.)Speakerboxxx/The Love BelowBizarre Ride to the PharcydeTalib Kweli--Quality, Beautiful StruggleMost Jay-Z CDsThe Best of Digital Underground (If you like Tupac, they brought him up)Plus a bunch more, and lots of random classic rock as well.

Biggie is always on when I'm trying get hyped up, too.Lately: Mobb Deep. John Coltrane.To calm me down, Amos Lee, Dub, R 'n B, and sometimes the nature sounds stuff (ocean,thunderstorms, crickets at night), Thug Mansion (for some reason calms me down).

Im a classic rock kind of guy. ACDC, ZZ TOP, Eagles, some country, Toby Keith. I think it helps focus and keep your mind from wondering. I was playing in Reno last week and we had a guy at our table that was on his 10th beer at least for the day to many. That was the day I realized I would never forget my MP3 again.Herbwww.focusonpoker.comExclusive Dist. for Clear Edge.

Can't go wrong with listening to System of a Down or Linkin Park. I prefer to watching Rounders for the 100th time while I play, it's really inspiring.

Listen here, people, all do respect... Gimme Da Loot is the best Poker song ever.... Big Biggie:"My man Emph Left a Tech and a Nine at the crib, turned himself in, he had to do a bid. Of one to three, he be back the end of ninty three, I'm ready to get this paper, G, Ya with Me?"Translation: " My friend Emph left a gun at My house, while he turned himself in to the police 'cause of a warrent. He'll be out in a couple of years, so while I have this gun, shall we make the most of our opportinity, My friend?Poker importence : Make the most of the oportunities that you're given, when they are given. When you see a moment, strike.Little Biggie"Ya Motha F-ing right, My pocket's feeling kinda tight, and I'm stressed, yo biggie lemmie get the vest."Translation: Absolutely, My friend, I'm broke right now, and I'm pressured, let Me get My Bullet proof vest.Poker Importence : Learn from Little Biggie, here.. he's playing on a short bankroll, and through out the song makes mistakes due to his disperation. Don't be little Biggie.Big Biggie"No need for that, just grab the f-ing gat, the first pocket that's fat, the tech is to is back. Word is bond, ima smoke him, yo don't fake no moves, treat it like boxing, stick and move, stick and move....Translation: Don't bother with your vest, just get your gun. We'll rob the first rich person we see, I will knock him out. Don't stand flat footed...Poker Import: Be ready to strike against your enimies from the moment you sit down... strike at the weak, rich players who don't care about results. But don't be predictible, Hit him hard, then back off.. then hit him hard again from another angle. Little BiggieN**** you ain't got to explain S*** I be robbin' motha f**cka's since the slave ships, with the same clip, and the same 45, two point blanks, a motha f*** sure to die. That's My word, N**** even try to bogart, have his mother singing " its so hard""Translation: My friend, you don't need to explain the rules of robbery, I have been robbing people for a long, long time, with this same gun, that's a very effective killing weapon. I swear, if a man tries to hold money away from me, I'll kill him."Poker Importence: Little Biggie has a good, aggressive attitute. He wants to attack anyone who's playing weakly or scared. Yet he's unwilling to listen to the advise of the Wiser Big Biggie.. Don't do that.. always be willing to learn from older, wiser poker players..Big Biggie:Yes love, love the f*** attitude, 'cause the N*** play P***y, that's the N**** that's gettin' screwed, and bruised up, from the pistol whippin', welts on the neck from the necklace strippin'. Then I'm dippin' on the block, and I'm robbin' b****es to, give up the herring bones and bamboo's... I wouldn't give a F*** if you're pregenate, give me your baby rings and your Number one mom pendants.Translation: I like your attitude, because you can't play scared. If you do play scared, you're going to get beat up and robbed. and after I rob the men, I'll steal from teh women too, take their earings and necklaces. No mercy if you're pregnate, I will steal from you also.Poker Importence: Scared Money don't make none.. Come hard and aggressive, run people over or get run over. And don't be easy on ladies. They may be cute, they may be nice, but if you ease up on them, then they can get your money... No mercy for them even if they play bad , especially if they play bad.Big Biggie:I'm slamming n****s like Shaquille, s*** is real When it's time to eat a meal I rob and steal cause Mom Duke ain't giving me s*** so for the bread and butter I leave n*****S in the gutter Huh, word to mother, I'm dangerous Crazier than a bag of f****** Angel Dust When I bust my gat mutha f***kas take dirt naps I'm all that and a dime sack, where the paper at?Translation: I'm dunking people like Shaq, when I need to eat, I rob. "cause My mom isn't helping me out, so if I have to, I'll rob you for my food. It's the truth that I'm dangerous, and I'm crazier than a man on PCP. When I just My gun, people die. I'm the greatest, where's the money?Poker Importence: You need to be cocky, you need to think you are a good player, if you're going to be a good player. No one is going to give you any breaks in the game, so don't give any. And always be unpredictible " crazy", so people don't know where to put you.CHORUSBig Biggie: GIMMIE DA LOOT, GIMMIE DA LOOT!!!!!(I'm a Bad Bad boy)Translation: None NeededPoker Importence: Get that Money!!!!I could go on and on with this song, but this already is the longest post ever... but in closing, let me say, nothing pisses old white guys off more than a guy, listening to hip hot, saying " gimme da loot" while scooping a pot... And I love pissing off old white guys...

I'll listen to Switchfoot, O.A.R, etc. music that isnt too taxing on my brain. I dont have much classical music, so if you have some good suggestions i would appreciate them. I was brought up on all rap music, so its hard not to listen to Pac or Nas (a former favorite artist), but with rap its very easy to get lost in the lyrics or the artificial beats (haha ok can you see how i began to leave the hip hop scene?). Anyway, whoever said Jack Johnson is the man/woman. Right now Jack and Switchfoot are the only two groups in my music library that every song they've ever made is a tie for my favorite song! Unfortunately i have only 1/4 of jack's stuff, and every song of Switchfoot. Even the unreleased stuff, courtesy of iTunes.

You gotta listen to Award Tour- A tribe called quest(i suggest you download it, legally of course :wink: while playing, i always think rap and hip hop puts you in the right mindset to do well especially if you enjoy listening to it.

Recently I've been loving listening to the Fight Club soundtrack while playing. The Dust Brothers did it, and it's perfect for poker. Plenty of energy, but no vocals to distract your attention.

• 4 months later...
Live I dont do music, but on the computer I leave Itunes on shuffle. Some CDs I have areBoth of Biggie's CDs (The original poster got it right, Ready to Die is just about perfect)All of A Tribe Called Quest's CDs (Anyone who appreciates hip hop and hasnt heard them must check it out)The Roots--Illadelph Halflife, The Tipping PointLeaders of the New School--A Future Without a PastDe La Soul--Three Feet High and RisingDigable Planets--Reachin'Pete Rock and CL Smooth--Mecca and the Soul Brother, The Main Ingredient (T.R.O.Y. is one of the greatest hip hop songs. period.)Speakerboxxx/The Love BelowBizarre Ride to the PharcydeTalib Kweli--Quality, Beautiful StruggleMost Jay-Z CDsThe Best of Digital Underground (If you like Tupac, they brought him up)Plus a bunch more, and lots of random classic rock as well.
bump.this guys list is amazing