what music do you listen to when playing?

For those of us that Listen to headphones at the table, or listen to songs legally downloaded from Napster ( *cough cough*) while we play online, what are y'all listening to? Ready to die By Biggie has been a main stay of what I've been listening to for the last year, because if there's anything better than scooping a pot singing " GImme da loot, gimme da loot" I don't know what it is... I've also been listening to the Black Album/ Blueprint by JayZ and Amerikkka's most wanted by Ice Cube... I like listening to hard rap when I play, 'cause it puts me in the right mind set, gets my killer instincts flowing, so if anyone has any hard recomendations, I'd love to hear them. I also listen to Rush's first Compelation album ( as a 'nuck, I 'm sure Daniel would approve)before tourniments, so I can get my Ayn Rand Ubermench sort of Hubris fired up.Side story: I like using chat online to throw out alot of wierd, bizarre stuff... to make people think i'm crazy... so I was quoting " Gimme the Loot" at a sit and go. Well, I got third at that one, and started another, and I was about to start needlin' someone ( as is my wont) and I found that my chat had become blocked. I sent an email to the cardroom, asking why my chat had been blocked, and asking if it could be reinstated. I got a return email saying " Yes, your chat has been blocked. This was said by you 'bigdmcgee: two point blanks to the face, a motha fuka's sure to die' If you have any questions, please email blah blah blah" So I laughed, and thought to Myself " okay, okay, ya got me.. " and I emailed them back, begging forgiveness, pleading for my chat to be re instated, which it was, and I've been an angel ( sha right..) since...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

recent playlist includeslots of Guided by Voiceslots of The PixiesModest MouseThe Arcade FireThe Talking HeadsThe Fiery FurnacesPavementmore Guided by Voiesmore PixiesMy Bloody ValentineNeutral Milk HotelMF Doom

Absolute: Modest Mouse and the Pixies are awesome.MarionSauce: Dre, Snoop and the G-Unit are wicked. I'm loving the game's album, one of the best albums I've heard yet.

I listen to a lot of nowadays rock/punk music..AFI, Hot Water Music, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Lost Prophets, Offspring, Smile Empty Soul, 12 stones, rise against, my chemical romance, a perfect circle, breaking benjamin, papa roach... that kind of stuff, but I'm still young....18:wink:

Dont know If you've ever heard of him but Damien Rice is a must when I play. A real calming influence, when i listened to rap and dance I found myself going a lil crazy at the tables as if the "pump me up music" had given me stronger cards than I actually had. I need abit of a radiohead type influence on me from then on.

A sample of my current playlist: songs1) American Idiot - Green Day 2) Hummingbird - Wilco3) Little by little - Oasis4) Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam5)Almost forgot myself - Doves6) Dolphins - Bright Eyes7) Bowl of Oranges - Bright Eyes8) Karma Police- Radiohead9) Sing - Travis10) Crown of Love - Funeral11) Disarm- Smashing Pumpkins12) Seven Nation Army - White Stripes13) Baba O'Reilly - The Who14) One - U215) What you deserve- The Exies16) Sultans of Swing - Dire Straights17) Kashmir - Led Zeppilen18) Tiny Dancer- Elton John19) In my Life- Dave Matthews cover of Beatles classic20) Hurt - Johnny Cash21) Iris - Goo Goo Dolls22) While my Guitar Gently Weeps - George Harrison23) Send in the Clowns - Frank Sinatra24) What'd I Say - Ray Charles25) Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton26 ) Stan- Eminem... live performance with Elton John27) Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley28) London Calling - The Clash29) The Rising - Bruce Springstein30) White Flag - Dido31) Hotel California - The Eagles32) Lola - The Kinks33) Trouble - Coldplay34) Under Pressure - David Bowie and Queen35) Scenes from an Italian Cafe - Billy Joel36) Hurricane - Bob Dylan37) Take me Out - Franz Ferdinand38) Somebody told me - The Killers39) Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson ... you're free to give me a hard time, but she's proving she has potential as an actual longterm deal.40) Romeo's Tune - Steve FolbertOkay... I should stop here, but I think I'll go for 10 more41) Cupid - Sam Cooke...live performance at the Harlem Club...amazing42) Comfortably Numb - Scissor Sisters43) Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones44) The Killing of Georgie - Rod Stewart45) Arms of a Women - Amos Lee ... he's like Stevie Wonder on a guitar46) How Can you mend a broken heart - Al Green47) Whiter Shade of Pale - Procul Harem48) Throw your arms around me - Neil Finn with Pearl Jam49) Sitting on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding50) Pink Moon - Nick DrakeAlright..Dang, I just can't stop...just 5 more51) Grace - Jeff Buckley52) Narcolepsy - Ben Folds Five53) Silent Sigh - Badly Drawn Boy54) Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn55) Old Habits Die Hard - Mick Jagger and Dave StewartAnd...one more56) Love will tear us apart - Joy division

I prefer gangsta rap (2pac, old Snoop, NWA, mix in a bit of G Unit, etc.) Red Hot Chili's, and of course U2 (what else on a U2 iPod, and I received it as a gift because I'm a big U2 fan, so don't ask me why I paid $50 more).

Absolute... again another local GA thing. NMH is an indie band from Athens, where I used to go to school at UGA. I've seen them live and have a lot of their songs. I can't listen to "Three Peaches" without wanting to kill myself at the very end.

Classical music allows you to think clearly, and doesn't take any of your attention away with masterful lyrics, pounding bass, wicked guitar solos, or anything else that offers enjoyment.
Works for me too.

I dont listen to music while playing. I will however put on some calming slow ballad type músic when I start playing because I have a bad tendency to be over aggressive when I first start playing for the day because Ive been looking forward to coming home from work and playing poker.

100 PERCENT PUNK ROCK 314 HARDCORE 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!sorry, hear lately it's been rise against-every cd, bones brigade-I hate myself when i'm not skateboarding, and gwar-carnival of chaos