How Did You Build Your Bankroll?

lol you and i are like the same story. well minus the fact that my br is still only in 3 figures.
If you check my pokerdb (champsox on FTP), you can see that I was too until a month or so ago. Bubbled the FT of the 250k on FTP and made a few more large cashes. Like somebody said earlier, a lot of grinding in the sats to get into the main events has been paying off.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deposited 100 bucks. Lost it. Deposited 100 bucks. Lost it. After about 500 bucks I bought some books and started to learn the game. Cashed out 1000 bucks from my Pinnacle sports account. Started playing 10 SNGs, 10 dolla MTTs, and NL 25. Worked my way up to 2500. Started playing 20 SNGs, 20 MTTs, and NL 50. Worked it up to 5500 and switched to 30 SNGs, 50 MTTs (and lower), and NL 100.Switched from Party to Full Tilt with 6K. Played 1/2NL and some MTTs. Quit the SNGs. Came in 2nd twice (span of 3 weeks) in the 10pm tournament (back when it was the 14K guarantee). That was good for about 5K. Had a few other nice MTT final tables (including a 2nd in the 11pm double stack 6 max a week ago for 5600).Have a bankroll now of about 15K. Play mostly 2/4 NLHE and PLO/PLO8. MTTs when I have the time (thanks law school). Bankroll would be higher but I got engaged last year. Diamonds are evil. (and -ev)Still sports bet a bunch too. Have about a 8K bankroll for that.

I started with the free $10 from poker time. Got lucky in the begining and won some tournaments. Cashed out after 3 months, $800 richer.Recently depoisted, for the first time, $50 on Stars. Won the $10 deep stack for $3k and cashed out.

I started with the free $10 from poker time. Got lucky in the begining and won some tournaments. Cashed out after 3 months, $800 richer.Recently depoisted, for the first time, $50 on Stars. Won the $10 deep stack for $3k and cashed out.
That was a sick win. Congrats.Personally I was a losing/break even player on Pstars, taking ~$50 on and off depending on free time. Then I started hitting up the local loose/passive bar game and and crushing it by just playing tight and pushing hard with big hands. In night I could ususlaly buy in for $40-50 and cash out around $150. After a few of those I put $200 on FCP with 100% deposit bonus. Cleared that and won 4BB/100 playing 0.50/1.00. Also had a carzy run in one night winning 2 $5 NLHE tournies for about $500 and also making Stage 3 Poker Classic qualifier. Unfortunatly I bombed out the PC qualifier but I cashed out about $1000 and moved the rest to Poker Room through Poker Source. Cleared there bonus and took off another $500. Since I have experienced the other side of variance so I took off my last $500 except for $25 which went to Poker Stars. I am now working to turn that into something decent using Smash Strat. Up to $75 in 3 days.EDIT: reading SSHE by Sklansky before playing FCP helped me a ton.
That was a sick win. Congrats.
Thanks.
$25 which went to Poker Stars. I am now working to turn that into something decent using Smash Strat. Up to $75 in 3 days.
You are using the smash strat? Maybe it was you I played with today then? It was a limped pot, I had 88 in the co and the bb pushed for like 150*bb and got called. I thought "smash strat" and mucked. BB had aces, of course...

Go to pitbullpoker.com, they give u an auotmatic $10 for signing up, and double any deposit up to $50 auotmatically, get ur money and bail!

Thanks.You are using the smash strat? Maybe it was you I played with today then? It was a limped pot, I had 88 in the co and the bb pushed for like 150*bb and got called. I thought "smash strat" and mucked. BB had aces, of course...
Wasnt me if it was today. What limits are you playing now after your win?
Am I the only one who dropped like $1500 in online poker before deciding to learn to play?
You're one of the only ones who'll admit it.Here's how to build a BR:play within you BR. WINmove up in limitsplay within you BR. WINmove up in limitsplay within you BR. WINmove up in limitsplay within you BR. WINmove up in limitsplay within you BR. WINmove up in limitsplay within you BR. WINmove up in limitsplay within you BR. WINmove up in limitsplay within you BR. WINmove up in limitsplay within you BR. WINmove up in limitsplay within you BR. WIN

Ill tell you how not to lose your Bankroll...Dont play drunk out of your BR range on tilt.To built,play the $4-180 sng and the $2-$5 buy in 18-27 man sng on stars or any other site,get good and win them..then cash in a few low buy in mtt and repeat untill your ready to move up stakes. $50-$100 deposit sould be enuf to start. Make a schedule of the mtt/sng you want to play and how much it will cost to buy in for and then you will have a set amount of games you can play planned according to your bankroll you started with,should be able to at least double your bankroll in a day.

Am I the only one who dropped like $1500 in online poker before deciding to learn to play?
No you're not... I think almost everyone does when they first play. Of course, a few will have had a major early win, but I can't imagine any complete beginner crushing cash games from the get go.I have kept anally comprehensive records from the very start, and still do. The most I was ever down, was $680, but that was just at the start of a learning curve.I have only played on 3 sites (Pacific, Titan and PokerStars - 80% of my play), and I am now up close to $7,000 - over a period of 21 months. I am a relatively low limit player though, I intend to move up levels sometime soon.

well i've built up and spent bankrolls at different times. Recently I decided to try and build a roll on fulltilt, so I challenged myself to build 100 dollars into a nice sized bankroll. So i started playing HU horse tournies for like 10$ up to 30$, built it up to 400$ then started adding in any horse tournies and 8 player sit and go's and kept building. Now I play HU horse, and any of the games included in it, sit and go's and from 50$ up to 200$, and whenver 100$ or 200$ 8 player sit and go's get togehter I play those too. I decided I wanted to learn horse really well so I wanted to build the 100 dollars playing horse and the other limit games, and this has really gotten my horse tournament game to a point that I think I can make money against most players. I started a little over a month ago and now exclusively play horse, I find that even at the higher stakes a lot of people make many mistakes in razz and stud8 specifically.

Perhaps there have been threads about this before, but i haven't seen them, so i will start another one. I don't have much in my BR. I am currenlty playing the .10/.25 NL cash, just grinding it up, and playing the occasional MTT.Is this pretty much the plan i should follow for the next 10 years until i can start making som real mobney? :club:
My friend transfered me a dollar on pokerstars and I played some .01/.02 NL. 20 minutes later I was up to 5 and transferred him a dollar and a half back. Worked that up till I had around 25, then played some .10/.25. Worked my roll up to around 1000 playing that. Cashed out and just started going crazy on bonuses. Played like 30 different sites. Had about 10,000 in BR. Moved up to .25/.50 on Pstars.
Yeah, 1500 was just a ballpark... no records, could have easily been 3k...
yup I am with you guys on this one.although I guess mine is a combination of learning how to play in the beginning and not being able to minimize tilt once I "knew" how to play.
yup I am with you guys on this one.although I guess mine is a combination of learning how to play in the beginning and not being able to minimize tilt once I "knew" how to play.
i just played stupid....who am i kidding i still play stoopid...I am a winning live player, online game has come around (anyone sharkscoping me would laugh at me for saying that) but i'm done with online...f thatIra

I stil dont have one.I won my 1st live MTT for 900, and cashed it, then deposited online for 100., won a 5 dollar MTT for 850.00took out 600.then racked up the 200 to 3k., withdrew most of that. spent it.went to vegas, won money, came home spent it. some of which was on high buy ins for a local MTTback online, back up, withdrew 1500. spent it.backonline. up to 2500., decided to try and get lucky. went ala busto at 5-10 and 10-20 NL and now just wishing i was like Al Smooth. what a jerkface

entered free roll, but went out before it startedgot back to see that it was cancelled and they credited my account with $2play $2+0 MTT on partycash for $250started at .50/1 with that, playing as high as 15/30 right now.

took $50 to .5/1 limit on absolute, cleared the 100%, took $150 went to FTP, cleared the 100%, built roll from $300 to $600, played 2/4, won $1200 tourney, played 3/6, played 5/10, took 3rd in 10 rebuy to 7k, blew it all playing tourneys all the way back down to 900, and now back around 3600 playing 3/6.