I Know Im A Knobhead Some Times, But Would Appreciate Some Advice

Great stuff. Sort of learned this on the weekend, playing in a $3+r qualifier to the Sunday Million. I got up early and, instead of trying to win it, I was only trying to finish in the top 32. As a result, I played pretty tight and for the last couple of hours was in 3rd place or higher. I paid a lot of attention to those at the table, holding pocket pairs I put loose short stacks all-in twice (and was better than a coinflip both times and won both). Going to try to make this work for me.

yes, dont push short stacked with 55, cos some guy with k3 prob from here will call u :club:
if he knows how to play that hand properly he will be raising the remaining players in the hand ;)to comment on your OP.I have a similar problem, or rather a variation of your problem.I am able to protect a big stack through the bubble bursting but then I always seem to be playing short stack catch up before we get down to the final two tables.I am then playing push/fold poker when approaching the final table.My advice, don't just listen to what astros and the others are telling you but actually apply it. Don't lose hope if it doesn't work out for you in the begining, they got to where they are now playing that way!good luck

In a large mtt I'm almost never the chip leader until it gets down to 3 or 4 tables. I just try to play solid poker one hand at a time. When it gets down to the last few tables I will gamble more because one or two pots can make you the chipleader.