Yea the other forum I read regularly has a pretty lively discussion going on about it, and this one is dead. A little shocked considering how good the build up has been and how well things are laid out to finish.
I didn't watch it on my dvr until last night but I enjoyed it a lot. The only way I see Miguel being offed other then what is discussed in comments here, would be his wife or Lt whatever her name is doing the deed.
  • Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fade to black after Hannah starts to take Harrison for ice cream before we find out what happened to Dexter — I’m sure that had some fans starting to howl at their screens. Was that a deliberate f

So I was watching the latest Dexter, stewing about what an awful actress his sister is, and I decided to look up her Wiki, to see what producer her father was, to enable her to get that job, because I

Posted Images

Pretty good episode tonight; the twist at the beginning was pretty funny. Bye bye Miguel.
Yea they had everyone fooled.I knew Miguel's brother was going to be a problem, but this is interesting.Not to mention George King is still on the lose, and he has info about Miguel wanting Dexter dead which could prove interesting.
Yeah agreed; he def was a loose thread but I thought he would be taken care of prior to Miguel.
Speaking of taking care of Miguel... how is the choking thing going to link Miguel back to King, that's not what the skinner has been doing.
Speaking of taking care of Miguel... how is the choking thing going to link Miguel back to King, that's not what the skinner has been doing.
Didnt miguel's brother use suffocation on the skinner suspect (long shot)Maybe he stages a suicide with a confession to the wolf murder.
Didnt miguel's brother use suffocation on the skinner suspect (long shot)Maybe he stages a suicide with a confession to the wolf murder.
No, he was spraying liquid up his nose. I don't remember any suffocation.
Yeah, that didn't quite add up for me either. I thought he was going to cut him up a bit first, then when he didn't I thought he might be doing it post mortem, but that wouldn't have fit either. Also, how do people not see Dexter/his car when he is doing his recon missions? I mean, he was parked like right across the street from Miguel's car at the Lt's house...
Yeah, that didn't quite add up for me either. I thought he was going to cut him up a bit first, then when he didn't I thought he might be doing it post mortem, but that wouldn't have fit either. Also, how do people not see Dexter/his car when he is doing his recon missions? I mean, he was parked like right across the street from Miguel's car at the Lt's house...
I was thinking the same thing until I realized that wasn't his normal car. He drives a minivan remember, so I'm assuming he has a either a spare car no one knows about or he gets a rental.
I was thinking the same thing until I realized that wasn't his normal car. He drives a minivan remember, so I'm assuming he has a either a spare car no one knows about or he gets a rental.
Didn't he used to have a burgundy blazer (or whatever that is) though, prior to buying the minivan? That makes sense now though, since Miguel wouldn't have seen that car too much (if at all).
In the first season wasn't it mentioned that he takes his stalking vehicles from the impound lot?
In the first season wasn't it mentioned that he takes his stalking vehicles from the impound lot?
Excellent point. Actually, that was a key plot point in Season II, when Batista and Deb realized the Bay Harbour Butcher worked with Miami Dade police.

If I remember correctly he drove a Ford Taurus regularly in the first and second season and eventually drove a mini-van that he bought from the car salesman he eventually killed. This season he has been driving some type of SUV. I believe he does take cars from the impound occasionally but not always.

If I remember correctly the skinning isn't what they die of by they are strangled. Skinning is just leaving his mark. I think it was Freebo's girl that they originalling said was strangled.
If I remember correctly the skinning isn't what they die of by they are strangled. Skinning is just leaving his mark. I think it was Freebo's girl that they originalling said was strangled.
But cant police tell if the skinning was done before or after death.
Sorta anticlimactic finale compared to last year, was good... wrapped things up in a way that made sense, just not quite edge of your seat suspense that we got last year.
agreed.I think maybe Quinn/Yuki turns into a major storyline for next year? The writers sure put a lot of effort into it just to let it die.
Sorta anticlimactic finale compared to last year, was good... wrapped things up in a way that made sense, just not quite edge of your seat suspense that we got last year.
Agreed; I think they would have been better off settling the Miguel storyline in the finale, not the week before. After he was dead, everything was pretty anti-climatic. Storylines for next season include the baby obviously, perhaps something in regards to Rita's first husband, Deb finding out their dad's mistress was Dexter's mom (or am I confused there?), and who knows what else.
Agreed; I think they would have been better off settling the Miguel storyline in the finale, not the week before. After he was dead, everything was pretty anti-climatic. Storylines for next season include the baby obviously, perhaps something in regards to Rita's first husband, Deb finding out their dad's mistress was Dexter's mom (or am I confused there?), and who knows what else.
You are not confused. they showed a pic of her in the casefiles deb had as being 'deceased'.
And this could lead to Deb finding out about Dexter's brother...
You are not confused. they showed a pic of her in the casefiles deb had as being 'deceased'.
And it was a pretty sizable plot point in earlier seasons.Good finale, not great. Agree with the killing off of Miguel too early...If you're going to finish the most interesting storyline before the last episode, you gotta have a damn good finale planned.
  • 10 months later...

I decided to finally watch this show. I'm through the first two seasons and in the middle of three. I liked season 2 way more than season 1. I like Jimmy Smits in season 3, but at the same time... it's annoying that he's hanging around all the time. You can feel Dexter's frustration.I'm really sad about Doakes. He was probably my favorite character up until this point. Also, what the **** is with Dexter's sister? She would be considered immature and crazy in the real world... let alone inside a police station. If there are actually cops like her walking around, then we're all in trouble.Episode 5, season 3, here I come.