OK, Dexter is officially back. We went from complete boredom to quite the impressive buildup for next week.Looks to be a ton of fun.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fade to black after Hannah starts to take Harrison for ice cream before we find out what happened to Dexter — I’m sure that had some fans starting to howl at their screens. Was that a deliberate f

So I was watching the latest Dexter, stewing about what an awful actress his sister is, and I decided to look up her Wiki, to see what producer her father was, to enable her to get that job, because I

Posted Images

Yeah, it seems like Dexter doesn't kill as many people this season which makes it a little less interesting.
I don't get this complaint.If every episode was just Dexter scouting and killing another person, then it wouldn't even really be a serial drama, it would be episodic come off as a reverse CSI. Dexter has been dealing with a whole lot of new situations this season. Making friends, getting married, and wrestling with his own code, interoffice politics... Dexter has a more depth to him now than at any other point during the show so far and I haven't found that development less interesting than when he is sticking the same needle in another guys neck and slicing open his face for a blood sample.
I don't get this complaint.If every episode was just Dexter scouting and killing another person, then it wouldn't even really be a serial drama, it would be episodic come off as a reverse CSI. Dexter has been dealing with a whole lot of new situations this season. Making friends, getting married, and wrestling with his own code, interoffice politics... Dexter has a more depth to him now than at any other point during the show so far and I haven't found that development less interesting than when he is sticking the same needle in another guys neck and slicing open his face for a blood sample.
IE a bunch of boring stuff I don't care about. I can get character development in almost any drama. What I want in a show about a serial killer is serial killings. But thing again, I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy. Call me crazy, call me a pervert, but I want my serial killer to kill
IE a bunch of boring stuff I don't care about. I can get character development in almost any drama. What I want in a show about a serial killer is serial killings. But thing again, I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy. Call me crazy, call me a pervert, but I want my serial killer to kill
If he can just run around killing all the time, it's boring. Not many of his kills are unique, because he is so methodical. The only part that was really interesting about his murders in earlier seasons (to me) was the conversations he had with them before stuffing their mouths and going to work with a saw and whatever other tools he liked.The end result is kind of bleh... he is going to take a blood sample, cut them apart and dump them in the gulf stream. If you see it once, it's not any better the second time around really and by season 3, we have seen him do it 20+ times. What is interesting (again, to me) is the journey to get where he is going and how he handles the dark side of his personality while trying to fit in with "normal" people.
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah one of the best ever imo. Surprised there isn't more discussion.
Yea the other forum I read regularly has a pretty lively discussion going on about it, and this one is dead. A little shocked considering how good the build up has been and how well things are laid out to finish.
Yea the other forum I read regularly has a pretty lively discussion going on about it, and this one is dead. A little shocked considering how good the build up has been and how well things are laid out to finish.
I think the slower pace of the season might have turned some regular viewers off, but it appears the climax of this season is going to more than make up for it. I wish they could figure out a way to make Miguel a recurring character in future seasons, because I think Jimmy Smits did one hell of a job with the character.
I think the slower pace of the season might have turned some regular viewers off, but it appears the climax of this season is going to more than make up for it. I wish they could figure out a way to make Miguel a recurring character in future seasons, because I think Jimmy Smits did one hell of a job with the character.
I remember jimmy smits going back to his LA Law days. Always been a big fan.But i think this has been his best acting job ever.
The action has been slower, but not the plot. It's gotten better every week, and Smits has been beyond amazing in almost any aspect of the character that you would have expected. The discussion is tough because it still seems like the obvious ending point, but I do really like how they are getting to it. The last bit with the skinner was really surprising, and there just isn't a whole to enjoy about the overall direction of the show.If you don't like the acting of everyone sans Dexter, than so be it, but I think the cast has all gotten better (maybe not more realistic, but better), and there are still some medium-sized plot holes, but not nearly enough to put me off my pure enjoyment of the show. What do we have left, 2 more episodes? I don't know how these things run.
What do we have left, 2 more episodes? I don't know how these things run.
Yea 2 episodes.Only plot holes I have a real problem with are these...Minor one is that Dexter was jacked by a guy 1/2 his size and stature, when we saw how he could man handle Doakes in previous seasons.Major plot hole I have a problem with is that how was Dexter not aware of the skinner being set free by Miguel? His whole dept, exp his sister, would have been all over that news. I think it's the biggest plot hole I've ever seen in the show and I hope it's just something they haven't explained yet.
Yea 2 episodes.Only plot holes I have a real problem with are these...Minor one is that Dexter was jacked by a guy 1/2 his size and stature, when we saw how he could man handle Doakes in previous seasons.Major plot hole I have a problem with is that how was Dexter not aware of the skinner being set free by Miguel? His whole dept, exp his sister, would have been all over that news. I think it's the biggest plot hole I've ever seen in the show and I hope it's just something they haven't explained yet.
Skinner had the sneak attack going for him so I can buy it however I expected more of a fight from Dexter.If I remember correctly Dexter knew about the skinner being set free by Miquel but thought of it as him being set free so they could take care of it.
If I remember correctly Dexter knew about the skinner being set free by Miquel but thought of it as him being set free so they could take care of it.
Don't think so. Wouldn't you think Deb would be freaking out that the guy that cut up her boyfriend and killed a kid she was trying to help was set free?
Don't think so. Wouldn't you think Deb would be freaking out that the guy that cut up her boyfriend and killed a kid she was trying to help was set free?
Are you talking about when he was first brought in for questioning?Or after he had kidnapped Anton?Because I thought he wasn't caught when they found anton.
Miquel was refering to setting him free before that, when Deb's boyfriend was still being held by skinner and Miquel had the camera turned off in the interogation room.
Are you talking about when he was first brought in for questioning?Or after he had kidnapped Anton?Because I thought he wasn't caught when they found anton.
Miquel was refering to setting him free before that, when Deb's boyfriend was still being held by skinner and Miquel had the camera turned off in the interogation room.
Ok it makes more sense now, I was thinking they had him in custody after finding Antone all sliced up. Makes me wonder how Miguel got a hold of him even though the cops are looking for him.
Ok it makes more sense now, I was thinking they had him in custody after finding Antone all sliced up. Makes me wonder how Miguel got a hold of him even though the cops are looking for him.
Long lost 4th brother. Maybe he trims Miguels bush.
Long lost 4th brother. Maybe he trims Miguels bush.
Well...Sofia is pretty cute. Latina milf ftw!I think it rolls out this way:Dexter talks to Skinner during question period. Dexter gets sliced up a little but the Skinner becomes aware that Miguel lied to him and used him and that Freebo is dead. Skinner lets Dex free as a sign of respect, Skinner offs Miguel, Dex offs Skinner, end of season 3.
Dexter talks to Skinner during question period. Dexter gets sliced up a little but the Skinner becomes aware that Miguel lied to him and used him and that Freebo is dead. Skinner lets Dex free as a sign of respect, Skinner offs Miguel, Dex offs Skinner, end of season 3.
That's pretty close to how I was thinking it would go. Remember when Dexter was telling Debra how to talk to him to make him angry, I think he is going to use that to his advantage.
That's pretty close to how I was thinking it would go. Remember when Dexter was telling Debra how to talk to him to make him angry, I think he is going to use that to his advantage.
Yeah, nothing like pissing off the guy holding the big sharp knife!I think its going to be bad-ass to see Dex have exactly ZERO fear of the skinner when he is chained to some chair. I think a cool but obvious ending would be Dexter killing the skinner by getting out of his handcuffs somehow and then framing the skinner for Miguel's death after Dexter puts that mo-fo outta commission. Side-Note-I hate Deb's character. She is borderline retarded and comes off as pathetic.

like Dexter said, Miguel is too high profile to just off without explanation, soemone is going to have take tha fall for it. I hope dexter gets skinned a bit, would make for some good entertainment.