The (2nd) Greatest Day Is Upon Me

Sweetdaddyfreak:At UF there are about 6 or 7 different games. .50/1 NL all the way up to 5/10 spread occasionally. The rake is not great, usually 10 percent capped at 4 or 5 dollars, which hurts in the .50/1 games, but the players suck for the most part. My friend won a stars 10 rebuy for 12k last month, he hosts a sunday tourney usually, which is pretty good, and unraked. At least for your rake in the nl cash games you get pizza, beer, soda.Last thursday play went 8 pm to 7:30 AM, then people got ready to go to class.
It's official, I'm transferring to UF. That is amazing. I can get a game here (gonzaga) MAYBE once a month. And then it's a $10 tourney with like 8 players.As for your new names, I really like aresatthetable (ares at the table if you're dumb like me and can't read.)
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JohnnyChangI was thinking the other day about what would actually help your image playing poker, and I think that if people actually think you're Asian, it might get that "gambol" image across.

I don't know what the rake is, but let's assume a standard 10% up to $5. With $2 betting limits you're probably looking at a 10% rake every hand. That's big, but not unbeatable. In fact, a good small stakes limit player should be able to clean up in that game. The bad thing is that the variance will be wild and the swings quite large. Furthermore, your winrate probably won't be any higher than like 2 bets an hour at best, making it not worth playing for money. However, it's still a beatable game, I guarantee it.
Lets do the math.He's snuck in 10 times. With 10% rake, and multiple players at everyshowdown our win rates will decrease, our EV increases for hands we win, however each hand needs to be that much more lucky in a short term.10 times isnt exactly a "good sample size"

I'll keep accurate results and after a couple months i'll see where I'm at. Maybe the Sit-N-gos are the only thing worth playing, reagardless I'm excited. I'll also let you guys know my new handle tomorrow when I get my new account Also as a gift i'll stake (freeroll) about 10 people in a $4 180-person sit-n-go tommorrow around 3 EST, so post your Pokerstars name if you want a shot

I'll keep accurate results and after a couple months i'll see where I'm at. Maybe the Sit-N-gos are the only thing worth playing, reagardless I'm excited. I'll also let you guys know my new handle tomorrow when I get my new account Also as a gift i'll stake (freeroll) about 10 people in a $4 180-person sit-n-go tommorrow around 3 EST, so post your Pokerstars name if you want a shot
wsucoug2010 on stars thanks in advance and happy birthday, good luck with you poker goals
ive got studying to do all day for a calc test :club: and stats test tom. but tom. night if u want to barrage or something im up for it
I don't know what the rake is, but let's assume a standard 10% up to $5. With $2 betting limits you're probably looking at a 10% rake every hand. That's big, but not unbeatable. In fact, a good small stakes limit player should be able to clean up in that game. The bad thing is that the variance will be wild and the swings quite large. Furthermore, your winrate probably won't be any higher than like 2 bets an hour at best, making it not worth playing for money. However, it's still a beatable game, I guarantee it.
Noask anyone that lives in FL that has played the game more than once. It really is a crapshoot
onlyme386 on stars, already looking forward to this tourney. thanks man!
stars sn: dereeekhoand i still think live sngs are too much of a rush.and if i can change my sn, i'd make it maxpowers

Cinci is right.There is no way that your little 2-2 game is not beatable.lol at the people saying that having 4 people at showdown is bad.The game is most definitely beatable.Most people just don't understand the length of time variance takes to even out when you are playing 20-25 hands/hour, and not only that, but the fact it's a 2-2 game and your edges are very marginal, so you'd be winning a relatively small amount, in monetary terms, although probably a lot, in BB terms, in the long run, anyways.

I do it the old fashioned way, my dad's name and my money wired over. No problems with it yet. Thankfully I dont have to do that anymore, he's probably happy as well. 2006 has been my first winning year as well
Lucky you, i still have to wait till June 3rd before i can start using my name, still my mums at the present.Can't wait till i am 18 either lol, 21 will be even better. Grandparents said they will take me to Las Vegas for my 21st Birthday. If the main event date does not change either will be just after my birthday :club: