the krablar: an introduction tothe besthand in poker

i gotta tell you, from what i can infer from the title of your post (it was really long so i didnt read it) i dont think this is going to catch on.
MAUUHAHAHAH THE JOKES ON THIS MUTHERF'ER
  • Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching the latest HSP....Phil Laak raises with.. K3 of diamonds Mike "The fish" matusow calls the small raise with q9 with a nine of diamonds. The flop comes.... j 10 x three diamonds. Matusow bets, laak calls. Turn comes bland, matusow makes a half pot bet, Laak hems a bit.. and calls. river comes blank. Matusow moves in, insta call by Laak.PINCH PINCH, mother fukers!! PINCH PINCH. My esteem of Phil Laak raised by about 300 % this day. If only he would have danced to complete the cycle. Matusow melts down upon the Krablar's claws.

Not sure how to convert hands that you aren't involved in, so here it is in 'ugly' unconverted form:PokerStars Game #5710791218: Tournament #28662223, $12+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2006/07/28 - 11:46:21 (ET)Table '28662223 3' 8-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: NonnieP (3275 in chips) Seat 2: MasterReader (1670 in chips) Seat 3: Buster Smith (3020 in chips) Seat 4: jcatarsis (445 in chips) Seat 6: mugal40 (230 in chips) Seat 7: 007Mart (3360 in chips) jcatarsis: posts small blind 15mugal40: posts big blind 30*** HOLE CARDS ***007Mart: folds NonnieP: folds MasterReader: calls 30Buster Smith: folds jcatarsis: calls 15mugal40: raises 200 to 230 and is all-inMasterReader: calls 200jcatarsis: calls 200*** FLOP *** [6h Kd As]jcatarsis: checks MasterReader: checks *** TURN *** [6h Kd As] [Kc]jcatarsis: checks MasterReader: checks *** RIVER *** [6h Kd As Kc] [Ks]jcatarsis: checks MasterReader: folds *** SHOW DOWN ***jcatarsis: shows [9s Jd] (three of a kind, Kings)mugal40: shows [3d Kh] (four of a kind, Kings)mugal40 collected 690 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 690 | Rake 0 Board [6h Kd As Kc Ks]Seat 1: NonnieP folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: MasterReader folded on the RiverSeat 3: Buster Smith (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: jcatarsis (small blind) showed [9s Jd] and lost with three of a kind, KingsSeat 6: mugal40 (big blind) showed [3d Kh] and won (690) with four of a kind, KingsSeat 7: 007Mart folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Bet The Pot)MP1 ($196)MP2 ($164.45)MP3 ($199.75)CO ($333.83)Button ($170)SB ($141.61)Hero ($202.30)UTG ($86)UTG+1 ($197.69)Preflop: Hero is BB with [3c], [Ks]. SB posts a blind of $1. 3 folds, MP2 raises to $4, MP3 calls $4, CO calls $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.Flop: ($17) [Kd], [7h], [3d] (4 players)Hero checks, MP2 bets $5, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls $5.Turn: ($27) [Js] (2 players)Hero checks, MP2 bets $10, Hero calls $10.River: ($47) [6c] (2 players)Hero bets $22, MP2 calls $22.Final Pot: $91another addition to the krablar, although there may have been a better way to play it

i gotta tell you, from what i can infer from the title of your post (it was really long so i didnt read it) i dont think this is going to catch on.
i dont know if someone has said this already, but i just wanted to let you know how wrong you were
  • 3 weeks later...

OK the other day in my live game I introduced the players to the krablar. Needless to say I left them speechless. I was lucky enough to be dealt the krablar twice. The first time I broke a short stack on a king high flop when he couldn't fold pocket queens. The second time I hit a set of threes and the guy called that I had K3, yet still called me down with AA. The city of Fond du Lac, WI poker scene will never be the same...

First hand of a $20+2 mtt on Stars:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero (t1500)SB (t1500)BB (t1500)UTG (t1500)UTG+1 (t1500)MP1 (t1500)MP2 (t1500)CO (t1500)Preflop: Hero is Button with Kdiamond.gif, 3heart.gif. 3 folds, MP2 calls t20, 1 fold, Hero raises to t80, 2 folds, MP2 calls t60.Flop: (t190) 6club.gif, Jheart.gif, 3diamond.gif(2 players)MP2 checks, Hero bets t120, MP2 calls t120.Turn: (t430) 2diamond.gif(2 players)MP2 checks, Hero checks.River: (t430) Kheart.gif(2 players)MP2 checks, Hero bets t200, MP2 calls t200.Final Pot: t830Pinch pinch!Oh and he had AJ, which he played like a weak little girl.

I was an unbeliever, until this hand came up last night in a live tourny heads up.I was outchipped about 2:1 at the time.Dealt to me:K3o on the SBI callVillian checksFlop KK3Turn 3River 7He bet it all the way for me, but didn't cal my all-in (for a few chips) on the river. None the less, this hand propelled me to the win!

Preflop: Hero is BB with [3c], [Ks]. SB posts a blind of $1. 3 folds, MP2 raises to $4, MP3 calls $4, CO calls $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.
Not criticizing your play, but I think one of the major rules of Krablar club is that you always raise with the Krablar.
Not criticizing your play, but I think one of the major rules of Krablar club is that you always raise with the Krablar.
busted!!!!

None of you are going to remember me, but I've lurked on these forums for a long time. I took a break from poker, and I haven't checked out this forum for over a year.Needless to say, many changes -- Completely different site design, no more Poker Mountain, new Protege Contest (awesome idea BTW), no more worshipping at the altar of Smasharoo, etc.One thing, however, endures...THE KRABLAR.Years from now, when I'm taking down a monster pot and dancing the dance, and everyone's laughing at the loser who is totally steamed (and from whom my Tilt Odds on future hands has gone up 10000%), and they're all nodding appreciatively because they all know the greatness that is The Krablar...I'll remember that I was there at the beginning of it all.To all you who are too heated to recognize it, there are some solid poker ideas behind The Krablar -- but the most important one is to HAVE FUN.PINCH PINCH!!

NO_LIMIT TEXAS_HOLDEM $10+$1 (Real Money), #871,540,087 TURBO $10+1 Single Table Tournament, 18 Aug 2006 8:24 PM ET Seat 1: kano147 ($1,859 in chips) Seat 2: sayre21 ($2,048 in chips) Seat 3: BalloonGuy ($1,825 in chips) Seat 4: kbgTown999 ($1,768 in chips) No one ever warned me about what to do when Krablar's collide.ANTES/BLINDSBalloonGuy posts blind ($100), kbgTown999 posts blind ($200).Dealt to BalloonGuy [ 3 :club: ,K :club: ]PRE-FLOPkano147 folds, sayre21 folds, BalloonGuy calls $100, kbgTown999 checks.FLOP [board cards K :spade: ,3 :diamond: ,9 :club: ]BalloonGuy checks, kbgTown999 checks.TURN [board cards K :spade: ,3 :diamond: ,9 :club: ,A :spade: ]BalloonGuy bets $400, kbgTown999 calls $400.RIVER [board cards K :spade: ,3 :diamond: ,9 :club: ,A :spade: ,4 :heart: ]BalloonGuy bets $400, kbgTown999 bets $1,168 and is all-in, BalloonGuy calls $768.SHOWDOWNkbgTown999 shows [ K :heart: ,3 :heart: ]BalloonGuy shows [ 3 :club: ,K :club: ]BalloonGuy wins $1,768, kbgTown999 wins $1,768. I don't care who you are, if you have read FCP, you always notice the Krablar!

I'm a recent arrival to the Krablar. First thing I had to do was learn to recognize it and not fold it like it were K4, or some other inferior hand.First couple of times I saw it, in late position, I actually folded... and with the action I saw, it wouldn't have held up. Then I realized the secret of the Krablar... it's pocket aces and should be played as such. Picked up Krablar in middle position, raised to three times BB. Got one caller, and on the flop (I don't even know what it was), raised pot-size raise. Caller folded. Turn and river were going to be K and 3 anyway, so it was better for him to fold. Pinch, pinch.

I was playing a PLO8 session the other day and was dealt KK33 dbl suited in hearts and spades. Flop came A9T all hearts. board didn't pair and I scooped. I guffawed.I play the Krablar less in Omaha hands, but I saw that hand and had to play it. However, in holdem cash games/tourneys, as soon as I pick it up, I type "pinch pinch bitches" into the chat, that way when it wins, it's a quick send as soon as the hand is flipped up.

I was playing a PLO8 session the other day and was dealt KK33 dbl suited in hearts and spades. Flop came A9T all hearts. board didn't pair and I scooped. I guffawed.I play the Krablar less in Omaha hands, but I saw that hand and had to play it. However, in holdem cash games/tourneys, as soon as I pick it up, I type "pinch pinch bitches" into the chat, that way when it wins, it's a quick send as soon as the hand is flipped up.
No less than five Krablar wins tonite. I won't lay that **** down for any price.

I think what a lot of people seem to be missing about the Krabalar is that its winning is not the important thing... its that you rub it in their face and make them think that you are playing ****. It doesn't matter that you got lucky and won... in fact it works better when they have a much better hand, or even have you dominated (like AK) and you either bluff them out or flop a 3 to beat em. The power of the Krabalar isn't that it wins, its that everybody takes note that you raise with crap and then seemingly brag about how well you play. You pick up a hand later in the game, and even if you don't play a hand till you pick up aces, they're going to remember that you're a crazy dickhead who raises with K3, and their not going to give you credit for Aces. So they pay them off... in a big way :club:

I think what a lot of people seem to be missing about the Krabalar is that its winning is not the important thing... its that you rub it in their face and make them think that you are playing ****. It doesn't matter that you got lucky and won... in fact it works better when they have a much better hand, or even have you dominated (like AK) and you either bluff them out or flop a 3 to beat em. The power of the Krabalar isn't that it wins, its that everybody takes note that you raise with crap and then seemingly brag about how well you play. You pick up a hand later in the game, and even if you don't play a hand till you pick up aces, they're going to remember that you're a crazy dickhead who raises with K3, and their not going to give you credit for Aces. So they pay them off... in a big way :club:
Oh yeah you definitely gotta show a krablar bluff, that's the whole point. But don't underestimate the power of the krablar to flop 2 pair or trip 3s.