High Stakes Poker

Please don't imitate the play on HSP. I'm sure it's because the money doesn't mean much to most of the players, but they are horrible NL players except for Alaei and Antonio. The rest are a sub par players at best; at least from what was shown in the show. Can't wait to see Aba playing in season 3

Please don't imitate the play on HSP. I'm sure it's because the money doesn't mean much to most of the players, but they are horrible NL players except for Alaei and Antonio. The rest are a sub par players at best;
That's a pretty crazy thing to say... at best.
Please don't imitate the play on HSP. The game plays very differently from a normal cash game due to the presence of the ante.
I assume this what you were trying to say.

I think you guys are missing an important point with HSP. Most of these guys have played together for years and more than likely have nice reads on each other. You cant overlook that fact for the reason they seem to play very wildy at times...

I think you guys are missing an important point with HSP. Most of these guys have played together for years and more than likely have nice reads on each other. You cant overlook that fact for the reason they seem to play very wildy at times...
It is the nature of high stakes poker. You are usually up against superior players, especially on this show, and the standard play usually will not work unless the deck hits you. As I have moved up the ranks, I see this more and more. I have been in as high as 150-300 and the play there is not even close to that of a 20-40 game. I can only imagine what the big game must really be like.
It is the nature of high stakes poker. You are usually up against superior players, especially on this show, and the standard play usually will not work unless the deck hits you. As I have moved up the ranks, I see this more and more. I have been in as high as 150-300 and the play there is not even close to that of a 20-40 game. I can only imagine what the big game must really be like.
This is true, ABÇ poker just wont work unless you get hit by the deck, even then you aint going to get paid off much.That said I`ve watched all of season 2 that this guy uploaded to youtube and the ¿$2000? WSOP final table where Siedel won and the difference is like night and day.In HSP almost all the hands go into post flop situations where there is much more to think about and deal with. Gabe gives a lot of great coments.The tournament was just a push fest, they dont even give you what the chip counts or blinds are ¿¿Ive not changed my game based on HSP but it provokes a lot of new thoughts and thats good.

I think you can learn a lot of abstract concepts from High Stakes Poker, the biggest one being relying on reads and analyzing your opponents moreso than your own. That's why they play a lot of hands kind of goofy, and that's also why playing some of the hands exactly like Daniel, or Gus, or Barry, or Doyle etc. may not be profitable in a much lower stakes game. If your interested, listen to the episode of The Circuit with guest Max Pescatori. He doesn't go into much of it, but he does talk briefly about sweating Jen Harmon(sp?) in the big game, and how different it was from normal play. My favorite quote is when Joe Sebok adds a little bit about sweating Barry, and Barry plays some hand really weird, wins a huge pot, then turns over to Joe and says "Don't ever play like that."

Please don't imitate the play on HSP. I'm sure it's because the money doesn't mean much to most of the players, but they are horrible NL players except for Alaei and Antonio. The rest are a sub par players at best; at least from what was shown in the show. Can't wait to see Aba playing in season 3
Can I get some of that crack you are on?