• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Classic Brv

he was as innocent as much as Kavanaugh doesn't like beer

The Blake Mamba

Panic. It crept up my spine like the first rising vibes of an acid frenzy.
It's Christmas time, let's not talk about it.Somebody really needs to start measuring the circumference of the road rims before the last possession. 3 bounces, 0-3.
Maybe this is all just a ploy so they can give us a really satisfying xmas gift. Oh how I hope it is. I went to bed having flashbacks of the 06-07 season, the one where they started 18-6 or something like that but ended up with the summer of Kobe's trade demands. Oh I hope that's not the case.
Maybe this is all just a ploy so they can give us a really satisfying xmas gift. Oh how I hope it is. I went to bed having flashbacks of the 06-07 season, the one where they started 18-6 or something like that but ended up with the summer of Kobe's trade demands. Oh I hope that's not the case.
I wouldn't worry about that. I am worried about Bynum though.
My retarded cable company doesn't give me NBAtv. I've had it for like 5 years, and now all I hear is how good this thing is and I can't watch it.]
I just got it, and it's the cat's pajamas. Tuesday nights with Gary Payton and C-Webb are the best.
I just got it, and it's the cat's pajamas. Tuesday nights with Gary Payton and C-Webb are the best.
C-Webb said Thursday on TNT, they're going to New Orleans for the game on Tuesday and they're going to have a bunch of special guests like TI. I don't know if he was joking or not. I've got to find a way to get this every Tuesday.
C-Webb said Thursday on TNT, they're going to New Orleans for the game on Tuesday and they're going to have a bunch of special guests like TI. I don't know if he was joking or not. I've got to find a way to get this every Tuesday.
I doubt he was joking. Gary Payton says outrageous shit all the time. He talks trash about everyone, like as if he was still playing. He kills Ahmad Rahshad. Just one I remember off the top of my head, they had GP's brother on ( who is a chef) and he was making them Kobe Beef Tacos, and having C-Webb assist ( which was funny in itself) and GP told Ahmad " don't worry, he'll make some Jordan Burgers for you next" which just kills me. He brings up Jordan to Ahmad like every 30 minutes, and it always makes me laugh.

If you haven't seen it already, you should youtube: "NBA Gametime Superman" and just watch Ahmad, GP, and C-Webb just go off. It is hilarious. And yeah, I am worried about Bynum. Seems like he lost the fire to play after he got signed that huge contract.

The last Lakers game I watched was against the Heat and I must say he seemed really really flat. I hope this team is breaking up on the inside what with Farmar wondering what his role is and Vlad Rad/Walton/Ariza getting their minutes yanked around.

The last Lakers game I watched was against the Heat and I must say he seemed really really flat. I hope this team is breaking up on the inside what with Farmar wondering what his role is and Vlad Rad/Walton/Ariza getting their minutes yanked around.
Not really breaking up as opposed to flaming out. But should there be any breaking up on the inside, knock on wood, one must figure it should've been Odom at the center of it all. But there is none. Just a young point guard who hasn't really come to understand his coach's methods (and who besides Kobe and Fish can), a young franchise center who has apparently lost his passion for the game, and where the team's most consistent and best player isn't the guy wearing 24 but the guy who some have called "Charmin Soft" in jersey 16. Weird stuff.

Yeah, I didn't figure it was too bad yet. Just some concerns. I'm obviously looking at a small sample size, but it really looked like Gasol wasn't getting nearly the number of shots he should be. He got some off a pick & pop kind of midrange game, but I'd like to see him create a bit more as he's a very talented offensive player.

Gasol should be getting at least 15 shots a game. But it's Kobe's team so, I dunno. And Kobe doesn't go the post as often anymore. Whenever the offense runs through the post, whether through Kobe or Gasol, good things happen. But right now, I dunno if its the funk the team is in, but the offense has leaned towards perimeter jump shots. I would really like to see a Odom/Gasol two man game more often because they were killing it in the playoffs last year. Not so much now. Heads up: Jordan Farmar has a tear in his leg and doctors recommend surgery. If he opts to take it, he should be out for the rest of the season. I dunno but I say he should take it. Especially when we have The Machine waiting to step into the role as this team's version of Ron Harper.

Gasol should be getting at least 15 shots a game. But it's Kobe's team so, I dunno. And Kobe doesn't go the post as often anymore. Whenever the offense runs through the post, whether through Kobe or Gasol, good things happen. But right now, I dunno if its the funk the team is in, but the offense has leaned towards perimeter jump shots. I would really like to see a Odom/Gasol two man game more often because they were killing it in the playoffs last year. Not so much now. Heads up: Jordan Farmar has a tear in his leg and doctors recommend surgery. If he opts to take it, he should be out for the rest of the season. I dunno but I say he should take it. Especially when we have The Machine waiting to step into the role as this team's version of Ron Harper.
Wow they were saying only 4-6 wks even w/surgery. Probably going to have to bring somebody in now. I think Pargo's in Europe? Phil loves him, and he played great for NO last year in the same role we would need him in. Knows the offense.Finally won, seems like ages. Bynum looked better, stayed out of foul trouble for the most part which has been a big problem.And why did Phil wait until the 4:00 mark of the 4th to put Pau in, Jesus Christ. I don't think Phil wants to coach the All-Star Game.
Wow they were saying only 4-6 wks even w/surgery. Probably going to have to bring somebody in now. I think Pargo's in Europe? Phil loves him, and he played great for NO last year in the same role we would need him in. Knows the offense.Finally won, seems like ages. Bynum looked better, stayed out of foul trouble for the most part which has been a big problem.And why did Phil wait until the 4:00 mark of the 4th to put Pau in, Jesus Christ. I don't think Phil wants to coach the All-Star Game.
I was watching the KCAL broadcast and the field reporter John Ireland mentioned that after surgery, I think the coaching staff expects him to be out a few months, which practically is the rest of the season if we are to base it on how the team's training staff projects recovery time. I don't think they need to bring in anyone, actually. I've been actually very interested to see how a Machine/Kobe backcourt would be for awhile now and tonight's game didn't give much of a sample. Plus the Machine plays better defense than Farmar anyways. And I was shaking my head in the first half but finally, they played a half of good solid defense to close out the game with some clutch shots. Let's just hope this continues on to tomorrow. Big game versus the Hornets. I would really love to see them redeem themselves.
I was watching the KCAL broadcast and the field reporter John Ireland mentioned that after surgery, I think the coaching staff expects him to be out a few months, which practically is the rest of the season if we are to base it on how the team's training staff projects recovery time. I don't think they need to bring in anyone, actually. I've been actually very interested to see how a Machine/Kobe backcourt would be for awhile now and tonight's game didn't give much of a sample. Plus the Machine plays better defense than Farmar anyways. And I was shaking my head in the first half but finally, they played a half of good solid defense to close out the game with some clutch shots. Let's just hope this continues on to tomorrow. Big game versus the Hornets. I would really love to see them redeem themselves.
Well as long as a certain east coast buy out which leads to a certain west coast signing doesn't happen, I'm good w/ whatever.
Well as long as a certain east coast buy out which leads to a certain west coast signing doesn't happen, I'm good w/ whatever.
If that happens, it would mean the abandonment of all hope. Hope he goes to Boston instead.
If that happens, it would mean the abandonment of all hope. Hope he goes to Boston instead.
I'm thinking desperately hoping that the only free agents we look to sign in the immediate future are one of: Joe Smith (not technically a free agent), PJ Brown, Dikembe Mutumbo Oh, and maybe Antoine Walker just so I can see the shimmy again.I just can't see Starbury being happy to come off the bench to Rondo and I don't want to see Eddie lose minutes. However, I think we'd have the best trash-talking PG rotation in the league with Eddie House and Cassell to join Marbury. I've heard the Rondo is a pretty cocky person too. Now all we need to do is drag Payton out of retirement.

That was a good win. Lakers finally showed some hustle and some heart. That Kobe/Ariza backcourt was pretty good too. Hope it carries over to the next game.Edit: Also, what is up with all these set ups for the xmas game? Lakers have a chance to do many things: end Boston's streak and rebuild momentum, revenge, and all that stuff. There's also the fact that if the Lakers win against the green, Phil Jackson will have won his 1000th career game as a coach. I hope they bring that up in the locker room. Win it for the guy with 9 rings.

I can't sleep and found "The Greatest Tragedy in Sports" on youtube. My favorite is Part 5 how they used Jack and the Samaki Walker 3. This thing has kept me up way longer than I wanted, it's pretty entertaining though.
what is it?