• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Classic Brv

he was as innocent as much as Kavanaugh doesn't like beer

The Blake Mamba

Now a Chicago station reported there's a 3-way deal in place with Sacramento where the Lakers get Hinrich and Artest and Sac gets some combination of Noah, Thomas, Gordon and/or Farmar/Crittenton. They said if Hinrich doesn't suit up that it's done, and if it's not completed in the next 48-72 hours it fell through.The most well known Kobe-deal-of-the-day is a 3-way with Phoenix and Chicago, where the Lakers get Marion and Gordon, Phx gets Thomas and Noah, of which everyone is denying.When will this stop?

Now a Chicago station reported there's a 3-way deal in place with Sacramento where the Lakers get Hinrich and Artest and Sac gets some combination of Noah, Thomas, Gordon and/or Farmar/Crittenton. They said if Hinrich doesn't suit up that it's done, and if it's not completed in the next 48-72 hours it fell through.The most well known Kobe-deal-of-the-day is a 3-way with Phoenix and Chicago, where the Lakers get Marion and Gordon, Phx gets Thomas and Noah, of which everyone is denying.When will this stop?
None of those will make me happy. This whole thing is just pissng me off. They have to get some draft picks out of this thing. Two first rounders would be nice.
None of those will make me happy. This whole thing is just pissng me off. They have to get some draft picks out of this thing. Two first rounders would be nice.
Boston ships two first round picks and a second rounder to LA for Kobe.
1st round picks from a title contender aren't that valuable. I really can't take this anymore and I can't stop monitoring all these potential deals either. Something happen so I can resume my life.

WOW it looks like Magic was the "insider" who falsely outed Kobe about forcing Shaq out. No wonder he went crazy that one day, his idol betrayed him.This is what the Lakers should do...trade Kobe to Dallas for Harris, Howard and make them give us Shawn Bradley's expiring contract. Along with Kwame's expiring contract this free's up over $19M for next summer to sign Arenas to a max deal. In effect the deal is Kobe for Arenas and Josh Howard which is by far the best deal they're going to get. If you can't persuade Arenas to come home and play in the second biggest market for max money, there's still Jermaine O'Neal out there assuming he opts-out, or they could sign and trade Devin Harris. So many options. I don't see a better situation out there.

WOW it looks like Magic was the "insider" who falsely outed Kobe about forcing Shaq out. No wonder he went crazy that one day, his idol betrayed him.This is what the Lakers should do...trade Kobe to Dallas for Harris, Howard and make them give us Shawn Bradley's expiring contract. Along with Kwame's expiring contract this free's up over $19M for next summer to sign Arenas to a max deal. In effect the deal is Kobe for Arenas and Josh Howard which is by far the best deal they're going to get. If you can't persuade Arenas to come home and play in the second biggest market for max money, there's still Jermaine O'Neal out there assuming he opts-out, or they could sign and trade Devin Harris. So many options. I don't see a better situation out there.
Also considering that Cuban just said that they have not talked to the lakers at all, your dream scenario seems unlikely.
Also considering that Cuban just said that they have not talked to the lakers at all, your dream scenario seems unlikely.
Last night Magic said Dallas offered Howard and Harris, and the Lakers basically hung up the phone. I'll believe Magic over a posturing Mark Cuban.Believe me it's not a dream scenario. At this point that would be Bynum/Kwame/Farmar for Jermaine O'Neal and Kobe stays. It would take a quick change of ownership and a major deal by February for Kobe to stay and that's about 0% likely. I wish I had a billion dollars.You're never going to be able to watch a game not in HD now.
Last night Magic said Dallas offered Howard and Harris, and the Lakers basically hung up the phone. I'll believe Magic over a posturing Mark Cuban.
Fair enough, they both could be posturing. Considering they just promoted Harris to the starter over Terry it seems kind of weird, but if they are really talking neither are going to tell the truth.
I guess its only a matter of time. My guess is now that the season started things will cool off, but Paxon is really trying to get kobe here. Sure glad to have Pax as our GM.

And now, for your... Chicago Bulls, starting at guard, , Number 24, from Philadephiia.. Kooobe "the Black Mamba" Bryyyyyyyyant.Every day that goes by my dream comes true. Now if Vick only signs with the Bears in 2010, I can die happy.

Not a Lakers fan and don't know how to match salaries. I'm just curious and not these scenarios are very unlikely but.... Would Parker + Ginobili for Kobe work moneywise? How about Allen and Pierce for Kobe?

Fair enough, they both could be posturing. Considering they just promoted Harris to the starter over Terry it seems kind of weird, but if they are really talking neither are going to tell the truth.
True that. He's going to Chicago anyway.Parker and Ginobili works. Pierce/Allen does not, the Lakers would have to come up with about $5M more.They're about to report on ESPN that there's a new LAL/Chi/Sac trade that has Sac getting Chicago's young players, Lakers getting Hinrich and Artest. ALL reports are saying all teams have agreed and they are just awaiting Kobe's approval. Sweet I hope this goes through then the Lakers will have 5 point guards and 4 small forwards. Mother****.er if this trade happens it's possible I may not be a Laker fan anymore, and if you knew me you would know how crazy that sounds.

I think there'd be a certain appeal in the idea that the most boring player and the most exciting player coming together to form some sort of cosmic basketball hurricane never before seen. Nothing but cross over fade away 3's and bank shots.

Except that the Spurs would NEVER do it.What are the specifics of the 3 way deal?
Kobe to Chicago, Hinrich and Artest to LA, Sac gets some combination of Farmar, Noah, Tyrus Thomas, Gordon.I've been out all night and want to go to sleep but I can't because I just know this time when I wake up Kobe will be gone.

I thought Kobe's whole want to go to Chicago was because they had a good point guard and he wants to play point guard driven basketball like the suns/bulls/nets/raptors/warriors/every team except LA.Maybe that was before he was desperate to get out.

Kobe to Chicago, Hinrich and Artest to LA, Sac gets some combination of Farmar, Noah, Tyrus Thomas, Gordon.I've been out all night and want to go to sleep but I can't because I just know this time when I wake up Kobe will be gone.
Go get some sleep, every time I hear "they are close to a deal" I see a report dismissing that information within like 15 minutes. I really do wish it would end so we can deal with a week long over analyzing that will follow it on ESPN.
Except that the Spurs would NEVER do it.What are the specifics of the 3 way deal?
I agree with this. But I don't really know why the Spurs wouldn't. I think the Spurs would be favorites to win the next 3-4 championships with Kobe and Duncan. I also think the Lakers should take the deal cuz Parker is still young (and apparently he's really good, though I think he's overrated huge) and Ginobili although not young probably has 4 more years in him of being solid.I think I just want to see Ginobs be the #1 scoring threat!
I agree with this. But I don't really know why the Spurs wouldn't. I think the Spurs would be favorites to win the next 3-4 championships with Kobe and Duncan.
You mean they aren't the favorites to win right now? You don't fix something that isn't broke.