Explain This For Me

no limit holdem is a game where good players have a far larger edge over bad players than most other games, imo.
With respect, I couldn't disagree more.This is why the HORSE event is now considered to be the true test of the best poker player, because the top pros are able to exploit their overall skill at 5 different games.Even Phil Ivey himself has said that in a no limit tournament, there is more chance of 'anybody' winning.Now, if we are talking about cash games, then it's a totally different story.As I said, the top players do still have an edge in no limit tournaments, but I don't think it's as big as in other areas.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect, I couldn't disagree more.This is why the HORSE event is now considered to be the true test of the best poker player, because the top pros are able to exploit their overall skill at 5 different games.Even Phil Ivey himself has said that in a no limit tournament, there is more chance of 'anybody' winning.Now, if we are talking about cash games, then it's a totally different story.As I said, the top players do still have an edge in no limit tournaments, but I don't think it's as big as in other areas.
you said more so tournaments, so i assumed you meant just nlhe in general.i dont play tournaments, so i wouldnt know anything about that.
I have been playing hold'em for about a year. Mostly online. I suspect I am a decent low stakes player. Recently I played two 5 table $11 tourneys and won them both. Yet when I play in home games with my friends who know little about hold'em my record is only so-so. I have never had a losing night, but I don't feel like I am clearly dominating.Tonite we played 3 $50 tourneys and I placed 9th, 1st and 5th - which meant I won $75 on the night. But I figure I should be crushing these guys. Why I am not consistently winning top prize?
So, you win two 5 table tourneys and therefore you expect to win everytime you play your friends? If you think about it some more, i'm sure you can figure out why.
For me, fun and challenge outway monetary gains.kidding, it's outweigh, I loved how you got steamed over absorbent :club:
Heh, yeah outway and outweigh are close though. Absorbent and exorbitant, just 2 completely different words.
I have been playing hold'em for about a year. Mostly online. I suspect I am a decent low stakes player. Recently I played two 5 table $11 tourneys and won them both. Yet when I play in home games with my friends who know little about hold'em my record is only so-so. I have never had a losing night, but I don't feel like I am clearly dominating.Tonite we played 3 $50 tourneys and I placed 9th, 1st and 5th - which meant I won $75 on the night. But I figure I should be crushing these guys. Why I am not consistently winning top prize?
If you're here asking these questions, the question answers itself.
Of all the stupid things you have said, this is by far the best.
I've got a couple of the people who post a lot on my ignore list so I wouldn't normally waste my time with their garbage, but I opened a couple of their posts in this thread out of curiosity. Some people need to post multiple times in a thread to try to make their point:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...who&t=79519I'm not going to try to explain my viewpoint in too great a detail for those who don't understand, but I've got a history of winning a lot more money playing in higher limit cash games with professionals, and I've lost some big pots to idiots making bad calls when the odds weren't in their favor, when a pro would have given me the pot and not called my big bet on the turn or all in on the flop.I don't even want to acknowledge a couple of people anymore, but Z, you've said some stupid things in this message board lately. Sure, posting while drunk is a good excuse that kids like you like to use, but seriously...You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Zach6668. · View this post · Un-ignore Zach6668
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...who&t=79519You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Zach6668. · View this post · Un-ignore Zach6668
Always finding other threads to post links to, showing off your animations and writing stuff like "You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Zach6668" are just a few examples of why you have one a huge nerd, and also the reason why soo many people on this forum insult and criticize you.
Always finding other threads to post links to,
I do it once in a while. If anyone doesn't like it, they probably regret saying something.
showing off your animations
I don't do that. If I do something that others don't, and you don't like it for some reason, that's your problem
writing stuff like "You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Zach6668"
I replied to the op's question. If someone then refers to me saying something "stupid" in their opinion, I might defend myself. Most people here are competitive.
soo many people on this forum insult and criticize you.
A lot of people insult and criticize me? Or does it just seem like that because a couple of people post 80 times a day and look for things to criticize?I'm bored with you too, Rogue. I won't see your posts anymore so say what you'd like.
thanks. i think you got it right.
I didn't know you were giving us a quiz.***********************************While Dane would rather play with pros, pros would rather play with Dane. (this is where he pulls up that Farha quote where he says he can outplay pros and not amatuers. Most overused mis representation of the argument. )
I'm bored with you too, Rogue. I won't see your posts anymore so say what you'd like.
Funny how you completely disect my entire post except you don't quote the part about me calling a nerd. Kinda ironic especially since you decided to pick up my post and defend yourself.
...and I've lost some big pots to idiots making bad calls when the odds weren't in their favor, when a pro would have given me the pot and not called my big bet on the turn or all in on the flop.
So, you would rather only players with better hands call your bet? That makes a ton of sense...and helps solidify why I love to play this game!
you stealing my line??Dane = Bascomebcan't handle the heat
Funny story about Basecomb. I was playing a 180 man $22 sng, and he ends up at my table, and we trash talked for a few minutes, but after a while ended up acting civil, and when he busted, he wished me good luck, even made a point of saying "even you, Zach", lol. He busted out in 12th or something and I FT'ed, but I was rooting for him to FT so I could make a thread with both of us at the FT, lol.
So, you would rather only players with better hands call your bet ? That makes a ton of sense...and helps solidify why I love to play this game!
I didn't say that.This is interesting: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...who&t=79519I can't see the two posts after this one (ignore list) but I can tell that they're in competition to finish at the top of the list at the above URL. Edited by _Great_Dane_
I didn't say that.This is interesting: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...who&t=79519
That really isn't interesting at all.Hey look, I'll have 8 posts in there now!!!!!111Hmm... what would message boards be like if no one posted? I suppose I should be aware of whether or not I have made a few posts in a certain thread. I will make sure I avoid having any sort of flowing conversation with other posters in message boards, since obviously posting more than twice in a single thread is not cool.Thank you Dane for showing me the light.- Zach
I didn't say that.This is interesting: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...who&t=79519I can't see the two posts after this one (ignore list) but I can tell that they're in competition to finish at the top of the list at the above URL.
Dude you really are a nerd. You need to stop these types of posts for your sake and this forum's.

Rogue was talking about me "showing off" my animated gifs - whatever. Anyway, he doesn't realize how much alike we are. I never took any photos of G 'n R (like your avatar), but here are a few pics that I took some time back from the same era. I won't be able to read your response, but here they are:PerformanceAll.gif

Dear Dane, The original post in question insinuates that you want people only to call your bets with proper odds on their draws/speculative pairs and that you also do not want them to call with hands worse than yours. It seems to me, if I raise with AK and he calls with AQ, I'm pleased regardless of the outcome. If this is not what you intended, please say so. Sincerely, Erik

The original post in question insinuates that you want people only to call your bets with proper odds on their draws/speculative pairs and that you also do not want them to call with hands worse than yours. It seems to me, if I raise with AK and he calls with AQ, I'm pleased regardless of the outcome. If this is not what you intended, please say so.
This is not what I intended.