Aaah, Could I Have Pushed Here?

So im playin in my local tourny, buy in $110, get 2500 in chips, blinds go up every 25min...anyways, to the hand. I forget what level, but the blinds are 750/1500, i have about 10.5k and im in the bb. I just got moved to my new table sittin in my first hand, i get 77, utg folds, utg+1 moves all in for about 7.8k one guy just smooth calls which i found odd since he had about 20k, back to me, i cant just call, but i was seriously contemplating pushing since the guy who just smooth called seemed very weak. Is their anyway i can push here??? anyways, i fold and my reads are good, they both have AJ and i woulda hit a set on the flop and brought me up to about 27k...but they end up splittin, just wondering if i coulda justified puttin it in there??

So im playin in my local tourny, buy in $110, get 2500 in chips, blinds go up every 25min...anyways, to the hand. I forget what level, but the blinds are 750/1500, i have about 10.5k and im in the bb. I just got moved to my new table sittin in my first hand, i get 77, utg folds, utg+1 moves all in for about 7.8k one guy just smooth calls which i found odd since he had about 20k, back to me, i cant just call, but i was seriously contemplating pushing since the guy who just smooth called seemed very weak. Is their anyway i can push here??? anyways, i fold and my reads are good, they both have AJ and i woulda hit a set on the flop and brought me up to about 27k...but they end up splittin, just wondering if i coulda justified puttin it in there??
Don't post results.Anyway...you want to push with 77 to what? make the 2nd guy fold?...no matter how weak he is, do you honestly think he is going to fold another 2700 into a pot of 24000?

With a push and a call, your 77 should shrink considerably in your mind. I know results-oriented thinking here tells you you should have shoved - but it was the right fold - don't kick yourself over it. You made the right decision.

With a push and a call, your 77 should shrink considerably in your mind. I know results-oriented thinking here tells you you should have shoved - but it was the right fold - don't kick yourself over it. You made the right decision.
yea, i prolly shoulda just not looked at the hand...lol. like MJ said tho, it was an easy fold at the time, it was just after seeing the flop, it made me consider that I was playing to tight. I guess I was just pissed that one of my pocker pairs woulda FINALLY hit, and I wasnt in the hand.
insta-fold. 77 is way to weak of hand with the pot already opened. only way i push is if you have 1st in vig.
I agree, you could be up against AK and 99, putting you in terible shape. You also shouldnt push becuase if one has AJ and the other KQ, then you're going to need another 7 most of the time

yea, it was the right move, but i guess what makes it worse is when i did go all in with the blinds at like 1500/3000, i had kk's and made it like 7500 in lp and the chip leader just pushed with his stack of like 50k in the bb, i put the rest in, like 6500, and he ofcourse had AA, lol gg me. went out in like 12th