Dn's Latest Left Wing Blog Madness

"President Bush knows about it and has publicly called it a genocide. Things are tricky, though, since the Sudan government is apparently providing the U.S. government with information relating to Bin Laden and Al-Queada. You see, Bin Laden used to chill in that country."In the same respect the world recognized that Saddam dropping chemical weapons on the Kurds was genocide , everyone who knows about Sudan will openly acknowledge that it is genocide... "So, they have carte blanche to rape and pillage the villages of Darfur since they know the U.S. government needs valuable information from their government."Wait so now you want the U.S. to be the world police over accusations of genocide? What ever happened to pulling out of Iraq? Wasn't the initial Iraq invasion the "U.S. World Police" at its finest? Maybe we can pull out of Iraq and move into Sudan or North Korea, that would fix everything! How about all of the other nations that are doing NOTHING to solve the problem? We should probably blame the U.S. for the raping a pillaging simply because the Sudanese feed us information about Al-Qaeda..."It's a difficult situation for the U.S. president and I am in no way judging his reaction to what's happening there. Catching Bin Laden is obviously a top priority, I just hope that in the process thousands more don't have to die in the meantime."Yes I can see you don't blame the the president for any of this, you just hope that he will give up Al-Qaeda intel in time to save the "thousands more" who are about to die if we do nothing. I think this whole problem would be solved if we would just stop getting intel from the Sudanese..."Andy Rooney, known for funny commentary, wasn't so funny in his last bit. He was condemning the president for this current war and pleading for the troops to be pulled from Iraq.Rooney feels, as do many in the world, that the North Koreans pose a more immediate threat to the U.S"Well Dan knowing a little more about the North Korean threat might help a little. Because the North Koreans are notorious for the proliferation of black market weapons the big threat is that they give the nuclear technology to the Iranians. The most likely scenario is, that while North Koreans don't have the missle technology to launch a nuke into the U.S., the Iranians could easily launch a nuke into Isreal, sparking what would be World War III. So we would probably be better gaurded against Iran getting control of nuclear weapons if we pulled out of Iraq, right? Everything seems so clear to me now. If we pull out of Iraq all of the worlds problems will be solved. "Ok, enough politics. It's virtually impossible to discuss politics without causing a riot so I'll stop there... or wait, maybe one more thing. We all know that Bill Frist doesn't like poker right? Well, on November 7th there is an important election and I'm really hoping that the Democrats take control of congress. If for nothing else, the simple fact that it would be better for poker, and more specifically online poker, if the Democrats made up the majority of congress. Ok, I'm done now, promise :-)"If Kerry were the president and this bill was voted on in a Democrat controlled congress do you really think Democrats would've shot down a Port Security Bill? No, it wouldn't happen, not in a million years. Politics are dirty, always have been, always will be. The one thing you can be sure of, if anything, is that if Democrats gain majority your taxes will go up. I can't wait to pay out more in taxes. I would also like to see ANY EVIDENCE AT ALL that a Democrat majority would help save online poker... Can't wait for the Flames,-Steal

Yeah, both parties are pretty interchangeable with the exception of 1 or 2 hot bed issues. The transparency of both just leads to a bunch of bs bureaucracy. Elected officials have only one thing in mind, staying in office and moving up the food chain. Screwing 'us' with unnecessary taxes, poker bans, etc. all along the way.I completely disagree with Daniel on this one.The only true way to send a message to these idiots would be NOT voting for either party at all... OR voting for the complete underdog of [insert other party name here].I can't believe after 18 years (straight out of high school) of voting Republican, I've finally been pushed too far by my party. Fiscally, my beliefs are about as hardcore conservative as they come and that will never change. After years of liberal groups jamming "Rock The Vote" bs down our throats, try this one on for size Revolt, Don't Vote At ALL! After-all, low voter turn out would send shock-waves to elected officials that "we" aren't happy with the screw job we've been getting.$.02

Freedom of speech in America. He's allowed to say what he thinks and so are you
Who cares? Like somebody else said everybody is entitled to their opinions even if you personally don't agree with them.
exactly to both of you

What I still fail to understand is why this thread is moved out of General yet another thread asking for FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS FOR THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY has remained there for 2 days despite numerous requests that it be locked/deleted. Its amazing how fast you Nazi's moved this thread.

After years of liberal groups jamming "Rock The Vote" bs down our throats, try this one on for size Revolt, Don't Vote At ALL! After-all, low voter turn out would send shock-waves to elected officials that "we" aren't happy with the screw job we've been getting.$.02
this would not work as the politicians do not care what their people think as long as they get elected, the only people that would vote are the elderly, the right wing conservatives, and the members of either party. A strong Libertarian push this year would be much more damaging to both parties than not voting at all would be.
Freedom of speech in America. He's allowed to say what he thinks and so are you
DUH, someone has to call DN on his BS. DN likes to throw it out but I have yet to see him join the debate after he shoots his mouth off and some strong facts are thrown into the pot.
DUH, someone has to call DN on his BS. DN likes to throw it out but I have yet to see him join the debate after he shoots his mouth off and some strong facts are thrown into the pot.
That's because he has a life and doesn't have time to get involved in a useless internet debate.Unlike some of us!
this would not work as the politicians do not care what their people think as long as they get elected, the only people that would vote are the elderly, the right wing conservatives, and the members of either party. A strong Libertarian push this year would be much more damaging to both parties than not voting at all would be.
If there were any Libertarian candidates in my congressional district, I would vote for them, but there are not. Lesser of two evil perhaps, but it's Democrat all the way this Novermber.

"In the same respect the world recognized that Saddam dropping chemical weapons on the Kurds was genocide , everyone who knows about Sudan will openly acknowledge that it is genocide... "This is not true. The UN has not declared what happens in Sudan genocide, because it is then obliged, by it's manifest, to intervene. So there is a difference there with the Kurds in Iraque, where a no-fly zone etc was established."Wait so now you want the U.S. to be the world police over accusations of genocide? What ever happened to pulling out of Iraq? Wasn't the initial Iraq invasion the "U.S. World Police" at its finest? Maybe we can pull out of Iraq and move into Sudan or North Korea, that would fix everything! How about all of the other nations that are doing NOTHING to solve the problem? We should probably blame the U.S. for the raping a pillaging simply because the Sudanese feed us information about Al-Qaeda..."In some cases the U.S. should take a leading role, because of the military, political and economical power she has. In some cases she mustn't. But I think in cases where fundamental human rights are violated, like genocide, a pro-active role of the U.S. government, or any government for that matter, is appropriate, especially if the genocide is directed to people who can't defend themselves."Yes I can see you don't blame the the president for any of this, you just hope that he will give up Al-Qaeda intel in time to save the "thousands more" who are about to die if we do nothing. I think this whole problem would be solved if we would just stop getting intel from the Sudanese..."More than 300.000 Sudanese people have been killed. More than 2 million have been driven from their homes. So "thousands more" is a gross understatement. Every day more than 500 people die. More than 15.000 a month. We should be ashamed that we are letting this happen. Because here we CAN help (as for instance UN ambassador Pronk has stated multiple times).Regards.P.S. Dafur is a province of Sudan, not a city as Daniel stated in his blog.

"In the same respect the world recognized that Saddam dropping chemical weapons on the Kurds was genocide , everyone who knows about Sudan will openly acknowledge that it is genocide... "This is not true. The UN has not declared what happens in Sudan genocide, because it is then obliged, by it's manifest, to intervene. So there is a difference there with the Kurds in Iraque, where a no-fly zone etc was established."Wait so now you want the U.S. to be the world police over accusations of genocide? What ever happened to pulling out of Iraq? Wasn't the initial Iraq invasion the "U.S. World Police" at its finest? Maybe we can pull out of Iraq and move into Sudan or North Korea, that would fix everything! How about all of the other nations that are doing NOTHING to solve the problem? We should probably blame the U.S. for the raping a pillaging simply because the Sudanese feed us information about Al-Qaeda..."In some cases the U.S. should take a leading role, because of the military, political and economical power she has. In some cases she mustn't. But I think in cases where fundamental human rights are violated, like genocide, a pro-active role of the U.S. government, or any government for that matter, is appropriate, especially if the genocide is directed to people who can't defend themselves."Yes I can see you don't blame the the president for any of this, you just hope that he will give up Al-Qaeda intel in time to save the "thousands more" who are about to die if we do nothing. I think this whole problem would be solved if we would just stop getting intel from the Sudanese..."More than 300.000 Sudanese people have been killed. More than 2 million have been driven from their homes. So "thousands more" is a gross understatement. Every day more than 500 people die. More than 15.000 a month. We should be ashamed that we are letting this happen. Because here we CAN help (as for instance UN ambassador Pronk has stated multiple times).Regards.P.S. Dafur is a province of Sudan, not a city as Daniel stated in his blog.
I applaude you for a very intelligent and well thought out response. As you stated there are a few hundred civilians dieng every day in Sudan. If I'm not mistaken there are also a few hundred civilians being killed every day in Iraq by radical muslim "death squads." I truely believe that if we pull out of Iraq, given the power struggle that will take place, these numbers will skyrocket. As for the U.N. I think we can both agree that the organization has been all bark and no bite for some years now. I think its illogical to state that the U.N. can have a guiding role in resolving any meaningful conflicts. If you take a look at the North Korean nuclear crisis for example, if it weren't for China they'd still be testing nukes and looking for someone to sell them too. I agree it is a shame that this is going on in Sudan but the U.S. has enough on its hands right now as it is. The most obvious example would be that we refused to put troops on the Lebanon border after their conflict with Isreal. If we are not putting troops on the Lebanon border, you can totally forget the idea of putting them in Sudan.Nice first post sir,-Steal

While I may agree or disagree with some of the statements you highlighted in your OP, I thought your responses were not pertinent, misguided, and at times nonsensical in relation to quote. I award you no points.