Think this was 5 or 6 handed. Button is iggy whos been lagging it up, I only ended up playing with him for 30 min or so and I dont think he knows who I am but i've been playing back at him a ton.BB is a random LAP. Goal on turn was to fold out BB and or charge draw while I thought iggy was full of sh1t a ton here. THoughts?PokerStars Game #6836926652: Hold'em Limit ($10/$20) - 2006/10/31 - 00:49:10 (ET)Hero is sb delt [Th Kh]RZARVRSPRT: folds button raises, hero 3-bets, bb calls, button calls*** FLOP *** [3s 6c Kc] (9 sb)Hero bets, bb raises, button 3-bets, i call, button calls.*** TURN *** [3s 6c Kc] [9s] (9 bb)Hero checks, bb checks, button bets, hero raises, bb calls, button folds*** RIVER *** [3s 6c Kc 9s] [2h]Hero bets.

My only question is on the river ... given your read that he's passive post-flop, the bet makes sense, but are you folding to a raise? Would you consider check/calling to induce a bet from a worse king, middle pair, or the naked Ac?

Think this was 5 or 6 handed. Button is iggy whos been lagging it up, I only ended up playing with him for 30 min or so and I dont think he knows who I am but i've been playing back at him a ton.BB is a random LAP. Goal on turn was to fold out BB and or charge draw while I thought iggy was full of sh1t a ton here. THoughts?PokerStars Game #6836926652: Hold'em Limit ($10/$20) - 2006/10/31 - 00:49:10 (ET)Hero is sb delt [Th Kh]RZARVRSPRT: folds button raises, hero 3-bets, bb calls, button calls*** FLOP *** [3s 6c Kc] (9 sb)Hero bets, bb raises, button 3-bets, i call, button calls.*** TURN *** [3s 6c Kc] [9s] (9 bb)Hero checks, bb checks, button bets, hero raises, bb calls, button folds*** RIVER *** [3s 6c Kc 9s] [2h]Hero bets.
Preflop is fineFlop is fine too, but how can Button call his own three bet? :club: The turn is a good place to charge the drawsThe river bet im not sure about. What are the hands that BB might pay us off with here? would he go this far with QQ, JJ, TT, 88 and pay us off?I dont think so, if I had to assign some holdings id say KQ, KJ, or a busted club draw, maybe QQ, JJ or TT but that would be an easy cap PFSo I check call the river

I don't like it.I understand trying to isolate a LAG button with a decent preflop hand.But when he 3-bets the flop over the both of you, shouldn't we give him credit for being lucky enough to have a good hand this time?You would have to have a darn good read to actually think you are ahead here.My guess is that you are drawing to, at most, 3 outs.Thus check-raising the button on the turn seems way too risky here (depsite the fact that it worked).The bet on the river makes no sense to me.What can we be value betting?Villain calls 2 raises preflop; raises and calls a flop 3bet; cold calls the turn.If he missed his draw, he is not paying you off.And any other hand that he does call with should certainly have you beat.So if there is ever a time where a check-call is in order, this seems to be it.Regardless of the actual results, I think you played this hand very loosely.--CM

I don't see any point in check/calling the river here. Opponent will bet literally every hand that beats us and is unlikely to bluff a missed draw. If you're going to play it this aggressively, you have to follow through.Looking back now, I can't remember the specs of the hand at all, but I obviously thought BB was loose enough that Q6 was worth 3-betting for value here, so in that case, I'd say value betting the river with KT is fine.FWIW, that 3-bet on the flop will never be a bluff from me. I think this is one of the rare cases where I was actually trying to raise the flop and bet the turn to get a free showdown, but if I 3-bet the flop there, it's because I think there's a pretty good chance that I have the best hand. (Well, NFD's in the range too, but if I have that, I'm checking behind on the turn.)

As far as the flop I think I am almost always ahead of the button.
Would this statement apply to any Villain on the Button in this hand?Or just this specific opponent that you had a specific read on?--cm