Getting Counterfeited

The table is somewhat shorthanded, but I don't think that's really relevant here. 1/2 Hold'em on FullTiltHero is BB with 44 (suits irrelevant)Pre-flop - UTG limps, MP Limps, Hero checks. (3.5 small bets)Flop - A4x - Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks. (3.5 small bets)Turn - A - Hero checks, UTG bets, MP folds, Hero raises, UTG calls (5.5 big bets)River - A - Hero???Is this a clear check/fold? Does anyone check/call. For that matter, were the flop and turn checks bad? Obv we're going for a check/raise on both streets, but I'm not sure that's the best play.

River is a check/call, especially since you only have 2.5 bb's invested into the pot when you had a boat on the turn (yikes).And, since you didn't get 3-bet on the turn, that "x" on the flop had better be a 3 or 2, or otherwise it matters a lot in this hand.

Was there a possible flush draw available on the turn?The "x" really does matter, as DonkSlayer pointed out. Depending on the villain, I am willing to check fold here. You certainly can't come out betting, but I don't think that check calling is horrible.Against most villains, I'd lean towards the check-fold if he's willing to bet.

Question 1: Why do people try to check-raise random limpers on the flop?Question 2: Why do people try to check-raise random limpers on the turn who already checked down the flop??I get most of my profits in LHE from loose villains who love to chase when way behind.But they can't make these horribly loose calls unless you bet!I feel you go for check-raises far too often.Play more straightforward.Make more money.Check-call river--CM