Average pot is $33. Table seems very loose. DS is on the button with :D:club: UTG limps, UTG2 limps, folds to DS who limps, sb folds, BB checks.Flop :D:D :card_diamonds_10:BB checks, UTG bets $2, UTG2 calls, DS raises to $4, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG2 calls.Turn :card_spades_q:UTG bets $4, UTG2 calls, DS calls.River :card_hearts_2:UTG checks, UTG2 checks, DS bets $4.This hand was really weird. Apparently someone hit a gutshot on the turn and there may have also been a set/2pair, so I just called, surprised the spade (especially it being the Q) didn't kill the action.River is an easy bet when I get checked to. Does anybody playing this hand in my spot not fall off the chair when it gets checked to us again? Do we just call if it goes bet/call to us? Can we lay it down if it's bet/raise to us?

I think we have to jam the turn. Your flop raise will look like something other than a flush draw to many players, so you'll get plenty of action from a worse flush, the straight, or a set. More and more I feel that getting money in on the turn helps on the river when scare cards hit. If you raise the turn, does UTG just call or does he 3-bet? If UTG does 3-bet, does UTG2 come along or fold? If you cap, as I think you should, do either of those players lead the board-pairing river? Being more aggressive on the turn, and what villains do in response, makes any river decision easier, imo. As played, and without reads, I'm probably just overcalling the river if it goes bet/call. Might be missed value, but getting 3-bet there would suck. Not sure if I could find a fold to a river bet/raise, especially if we jammed the turn and the pot was huge, but it would probably be correct. Again, I think turn action would help clarify these decisions.Just me and my $.02

Just in case this needed any clarification,A flush beats three of a kind. In fact, a flush also beats a straight!And you have the HIGHEST flush on the turn.Oh yeah, one more thing.Most people prefer winning more money to less money.Except dirty hippies. They dont care much either way.You arent a dirty hippy. Are you?

Raising the turn gets more money into the pot than waiting until the river.- both opponents are surely going to call your turn raise.- you may not get the opoprtunity to get in a raise on the river.

Do we just call if it goes bet/call to us?
I raise it.
Can we lay it down if it's bet/raise to us?
Without a hard core read, no way.--CM

I wouldn't be in this pot anyways, but as played, no turn raise is really really bad. Also a set would most likely raise the turn and I dont see UTGs playing with A2 so there is no way I would fold this pot even if I got capped on the river.