Evidence Of Life After Death

Does this really go on for 18 pages? zzz, give it up, you are so owned you dont even know which way is up any longer.
I would like to see 1 specific example of how I am "owned". Good luck with that. Have a nice day!...............................................Still waiting Crow..................................................................................................................................................Have a nice day!
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because they see and feel things unlike that in the real world doesn't mean there is an afterlife, if a person was raised believing in an afterlife they would have images of what that would be like. Most people reporting seeing a grassy meadow and flowers and all that are just seeing what their memory and mind tells them they saw. Out of body experiences are pretty much just ultra realistic dreams.

Just because they see and feel things unlike that in the real world doesn't mean there is an afterlife, if a person was raised believing in an afterlife they would have images of what that would be like. Most people reporting seeing a grassy meadow and flowers and all that are just seeing what their memory and mind tells them they saw. Out of body experiences are pretty much just ultra realistic dreams.
That doesn't explain the experiences people have when clinically dead. Have a nice day!
That doesn't explain the experiences people have when clinically dead. Have a nice day!
Why couldn't the fact that people have visions when they are "clinically dead" (as you call it) be evidence for the fact that people can have visions when they are clinically dead instead of the fact that there is life after death?
Why couldn't the fact that people have visions when they are "clinically dead" (as you call it) be evidence for the fact that people can have visions when they are clinically dead instead of the fact that there is life after death?
Seeing as how the "visions" while clinically dead were proved accurate, it shows they were alive while their body was dead. Have a nice day!
You haven't shown me any neurologist who believes you can have no detectable brain function yet be able to accurately see and hear things. ............Still waiting..........Have a nice day!
There is no evidence that the subject actually experienced anything WHILE without brain function, but there is a great deal to support that she imagined those experiences when brain function resumed. I would say you are losing this argument, but that would imply that you were at some point in contention.
Couldn't that also mean that our definition of clinical death is wrong, not that there is life after death?Please use logic.
It is obviously physically impossible to hear and see things with your eyes and ears with no detectable brain function. Therefore, if someone can hear and see with no detectable brain function, that means they are alive eventhough their body is not. They are not using their body to see and hear. It's not that complicated. Try using logic. Have a nice day!
There is no evidence that the subject actually experienced anything WHILE without brain function, but there is a great deal to support that she imagined those experiences when brain function resumed.
Sorry, but no. In the Pam Reynold's case, some of the things she saw and heard that were verified were happening only when she was clinically dead (no detectable brain function). Have a nice day!
lol. about 17 pages too late for that.
Try having an open mind. It's fun! Have a nice day!
It is obviously physically impossible to hear and see things with your eyes and ears with no detectable brain function.
How is this obvious in any way? I would need several detailed clinical studies to be even remotely convinced of this fact (ignoring the eyes being closed part, of course, which I guess is obvious).
How is this obvious in any way? I would need several detailed clinical studies to be even remotely convinced of this fact (ignoring the eyes being closed part, of course, which I guess is obvious).
Yeah, again, in the Reynolds case she verifiable heard and saw things with no brain function, with her eyes taped shut...Evidence of life after death. Have a nice day!

This just in:Resurrection is objectively proven!!!http://www.near-death.com/reincarnation.htmlJust look at this:http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation08.htmlIt is clear that resurrection is scientific fact. After all, ZZZ's favorite web site says so. This is the same site from which the original link came from.

This just in:Resurrection is objectively proven!!!http://www.near-death.com/reincarnation.htmlJust look at this:http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation08.htmlIt is clear that resurrection is scientific fact. After all, ZZZ's favorite web site says so. This is the same site from which the original link came from.
Pam Reynolds case and others like it have been published in reputable scientific journals. Scientists most knowledgeable on the subject of NDEs strongly believe in life after death based soley on the scientific evidence supporting their belief. Have a nice day!

I think that everyone should basically back off of this guy and here is my reason.My whole family believes in life after death, I do not.There is one thing that is certain in this whole debate and that is that NOONE CAN 100% BE PROVEN CORRECT. Although I believe that when one dies that's it and you are dead, all we have are probabilities and what can and cannot be recreated.I'M NOT SAYING WE SHOULD NOT FOLLOW FACTS AS WE KNOW, WE SHOULD, BUT IN THE END BOTH SIDES ARE LIMITED FROM 100% PROOF, FACTS OF 200YRS AGO ARE IDIOCRISIES OF TODAY.The point that I'm making and why I feel we should back off this guy and all who think like him is this:Nomatter what we believe or don't believe, nomatter what the evidence points to or doesn't. In the end our happiness and what our life meant comes back to us and how we felt about it--except for cases of people affecting others in negative ways(murder), but even then it comes back to us. the sands of time will erase all of us and all memory of us within 500 years, so what matters is how you lived your life according to you. And in my opinion according to humanity, ie...not causing pain and hurting people but trying to live in peace and positivity.Now for this guy who so ferverently believes in afterlife I have one question to ask and a piece of my mind to impart.Would you be happy, would you still try to do good and not turn to bad or evil ways if there was NO AFTER LIFE--which I take it you look at as a reward for your actions in the physical?I ask this for one reason, if you are a christian. Jesus did not die for reward. Did you get that? It is said he came from heaven and died for sins just to go back to heaven, meaning he got nothing out of his sacrifice for himself. Nor does any religious savior of history. I submit that if you cannot live life and do good and positive things and try to bring joy, peace and happiness from yourself and everyone else, WITHOUT EXPECTATION OF REWARD, you are not a true christian or individual with faith for that matter nor are you truly happy. And if there is an after life you might not make it there because only those in any religion of the world that live positively for NO reward or benefit just for the fact that it's right have been said to have made it there.Make the time here before you hit the ground count.

Nomatter what we believe or don't believe, nomatter what the evidence points to or doesn't. In the end our happiness and what our life meant comes back to us and how we felt about it--except for cases of people affecting others in negative ways(murder), but even then it comes back to us. the sands of time will erase all of us and all memory of us within 500 years, so what matters is how you lived your life according to you. And in my opinion according to humanity, ie...not causing pain and hurting people but trying to live in peace and positivity.
if it was just a matter of personal happiness it wouldn't be important what anyone believes. there is a lot more at stake, though.
Now for this guy who so ferverently believes in afterlife I have one question to ask and a piece of my mind to impart.Would you be happy, would you still try to do good and not turn to bad or evil ways if there was NO AFTER LIFE--which I take it you look at as a reward for your actions in the physical?I ask this for one reason, if you are a christian. Jesus did not die for reward. Did you get that? It is said he came from heaven and died for sins just to go back to heaven, meaning he got nothing out of his sacrifice for himself. Nor does any religious savior of history. I submit that if you cannot live life and do good and positive things and try to bring joy, peace and happiness from yourself and everyone else, WITHOUT EXPECTATION OF REWARD, you are not a true christian or individual with faith for that matter nor are you truly happy. And if there is an after life you might not make it there because only those in any religion of the world that live positively for NO reward or benefit just for the fact that it's right have been said to have made it there.Make the time here before you hit the ground count.
I an not a Christian. I believe in the afterlife because it makes me happier than not believing AND because of the circumstantial and SCIENTIFIC evidence showing that life after death is likely. Have a nice day!
if it was just a matter of personal happiness it wouldn't be important what anyone believes. there is a lot more at stake, though.
Like what? I have a feeling your answer is going to be just another pessimistic opinion. Have a nice day!
I an not a Christian. I believe in the afterlife because it makes me happier than not believing AND because of the circumstantial and SCIENTIFIC evidence showing that life after death is likely. Have a nice day!Like what? I have a feeling your answer is going to be just another pessimistic opinion. Have a nice day!
Lets see some of this "scientific evidence" and "reputable science journal" articles that in any way support Pam whatever her name is' NDE as being evidence of life after death.Hint: the Christian Science Monitor is NOT a reputable science journal.
Lets see some of this "scientific evidence" and "reputable science journal" articles that in any way support Pam whatever her name is' NDE as being evidence of life after death.Hint: the Christian Science Monitor is NOT a reputable science journal.
I have shown scientific evidence of life after death.Hint: It is in this thread.Have a nice day!
Pam Reynolds case and others like it have been published in reputable scientific journals. Scientists most knowledgeable on the subject of NDEs strongly believe in life after death based soley on the scientific evidence supporting their belief. Have a nice day!
You actually need to provide evidence of this. For some weird reason I doubt many people, and by "many" I mean absolutely no one, will just take your word for it. How about a link to a reputable scientific journal that supports the Pam Reynolds case OR any others. It should be easy since there are many times this has happened.Hint: This thread is not a reputable scientific journal.
Pim van Lommel answers the skeptics...So we have to conclude that NDE in our study was experienced during a transient functional loss of all functions of the cortex and of the brainstem. It is important to mention that there is a well documented report of a patient (Pam Reynolds) with constant registration of the EEG during cerebral surgery for an gigantic cerebral aneurysm at the base of the brain, operated with a body temperature between 10 and 15 degrees, she was put on the heart-lung machine, with VF, with all blood drained from her head, with a flat line EEG, with clicking devices in both ears, with eyes taped shut, and this patient experienced an NDE with an out-of-body experience, and all details she perceived and heard could later be verified. Have a nice day!
Actually read the link and you find Lommel discussing how he published his study in a scientific journal called The Lancet in December 2001. Have a nice day!
Actually read the link and you find Lommel discussing how he published his study in a scientific journal called The Lancet in December 2001. Have a nice day!
Actually read the link and you find nobody claiming that NDEs have anything to do with life after death. Have a nice day.
Actually read the link and you find nobody claiming that NDEs have anything to do with life after death. Have a nice day.
Lol. People having experiences without their physical bodies is indeed evidence of life after physical death. Have a nice day!
Lol. People having experiences without their physical bodies is indeed evidence of life after physical death. Have a nice day!
no, its not, because there was no physical death. Just because an EEG is flatlined doesnt mean there is brain death. The brain cannot be revived after it has totally stopped functioning.If you read further about Pam Reynolds you'll find that the parts of her memory that were corroborated were from before the EEG flatlined, not after.What we asked for is anything in a scientific journal about life after death. Nobody disputes that there are brain phenomena near death. Find a peer reviewed scientific article says that there is anything paranormal about NDEs.You are doing nothing more than the equivalent of the creationist's fallacy of filling in a gap with god. Temporary lack of knowledge about how the brain functions during flatline (which is, again, not the same as death) is not license to jump to "life after death".