Not Honoring A Deal With Online Site

I was reading a Cardplayer article and found an interesting article that talks about how a young player basically stiffed an online poker room. Any ideas who this might be??The next incident is equally disturbing. Here is the background: Two college students approached an online site and requested a sponsorship deal that would have them wearing the site's logowear in exchange for some cash. The site decided it would be a good investment because it would give them some campus presence; plus, these players had shown great potential and could possibly make some future final tables and create some good exposure for the site at a later date. Well, that is exactly what happened. One of the players, wearing the site's clothing, ended up making the final table in the $1,000 no-limit hold'em rebuy event. He contacted the site's marketing director and told him that he wanted out of the deal so that he could approach other sites that might pay him to wear their gear at the final table. The marketing director pointed out that a deal is a deal, and that this potential final-table situation was exactly why the site had made the deal. He told him that he would not be released from the deal and advised him against selling out his honor for a few thousand dollars. The player ignored him, approached other sites, and eventually wore another site's logowear at the final table.

it shouldnt be too hard to figure out, there were only 2 1k rebuy events, and we can eliminate a fair amount of the players because we know they arent in college, after limited research, Ive determined that it has to be 1 of these 3 people because based on knowledge or pictures the rest cant be in college 3Daryn Firicano$187,219960 5Terris Preston$140,414600 6Elio Cabrera$117,012480

Yea I think he'll be visiting the court room soon. The online site probably does want to take it to court to prove that they don't want players to do this again.
I'd imagine if this happened back in Amarillo Slim's time, this player will be brought out to the desert and be taught a good lesson.
I'd imagine if this happened back in Amarillo Slim's time, this player will be brought out to the desert and be taught a good lesson.
Where's Reggie Kray when you need him?
it shouldnt be too hard to figure out, there were only 2 1k rebuy events, and we can eliminate a fair amount of the players because we know they arent in college, after limited research, Ive determined that it has to be 1 of these 3 people because based on knowledge or pictures the rest cant be in college 3Daryn Firicano$187,219960 5Terris Preston$140,414600 6Elio Cabrera$117,012480
i highly doubt that daryn did that. He is a fairly well known player and is a well known 2p2er, the shitstorm that he'd have gotten if he pulled that would've been huge
i highly doubt that daryn did that. He is a fairly well known player and is a well known 2p2er, the shitstorm that he'd have gotten if he pulled that would've been huge
That's the 2nd rebuy event right? What about the first rebuy event?

Anybody else get a chuckle thinking what would have happened if they tried that with a real backer? Say Vegas in late 70s Early 80s? or before?

It's gonna be really messy to say the least..
they were vicious back then. i'd expect something like....Ximinez: Now, old woman -- you are accused of heresy on three counts -- heresy by thought, heresy by word, heresy by deed, and heresy by action -- *four* counts. Do you confess?Wilde: I don't understand what I'm accused of.Ximinez: Ha! Then we'll make you understand! Biggles! Fetch...THE CUSHIONS![JARRING CHORD][biggles holds out two ordinary modern household cushions]Biggles: Here they are, lord.Ximinez: Now, old lady -- you have one last chance. Confess the heinous sin of heresy, reject the works of the ungodly -- *two* last chances. And you shall be free -- *three* last chances. You have three last chances, the nature of which I have divulged in my previous utterance.Wilde: I don't know what you're talking about.Ximinez: Right! If that's the way you want it -- Cardinal! Poke her with the soft cushions![biggles carries out this rather pathetic torture]Ximinez: Confess! Confess! Confess!Biggles: It doesn't seem to be hurting her, lord.Ximinez: Have you got all the stuffing up one end?Biggles: Yes, lord.Ximinez [angrily hurling away the cushions]: Hm! She is made of harder stuff! Cardinal Fang! Fetch...THE COMFY CHAIR![JARRING CHORD][Zoom into Fang's horrified face]Fang [terrified]: The...Comfy Chair?[biggles pushes in a comfy chair -- a really plush one]Ximinez: So you think you are strong because you can survive the soft cushions. Well, we shall see. Biggles! Put her in the Comfy Chair![They roughly push her into the Comfy Chair]Ximinez [with a cruel leer]: Now -- you will stay in the Comfy Chair until lunch time, with only a cup of coffee at eleven. [aside, to Biggles] Is that really all it is?Biggles: Yes, lord.Ximinez: I see. I suppose we make it worse by shouting a lot, do we? Confess, woman. Confess! Confess! Confess! ConfessBiggles: I confess!Ximinez: Not you!