Foxwoods $600 Nlhe Shootout

I also made the second round (started on table 1, then moved to 10 in the final round). I finished 63rd for my money back plus $195. Kind of disappointing. Biggest mistake was overplaying a pair of 5s against the chip leader. Folds to me on the button in the 400-800 level with 55. Starting the hand with about $21000 I raise to 2400, reraised to 5000 by the chip leader from the small blind. Big blind folds, I call. A-J-2 rainbow and he checks. i figured he had a pair at this point, but didn't like the A on board, so I tried to represent AK with a $6000 bet. He reraised all in after a minute or two. I thought for about 2 seconds and fold. He shows A-K and said he was worried about a set of J's until I bet. Overall good experience, and some confidence heading into next Friday's $600 limit event. I can not make the Tuesday $300 shootout, but good luck to anyone playing.

I also made the second round (started on table 1, then moved to 10 in the final round). I finished 63rd for my money back plus $195. Kind of disappointing. Biggest mistake was overplaying a pair of 5s against the chip leader. Folds to me on the button in the 400-800 level with 55. Starting the hand with about $21000 I raise to 2400, reraised to 5000 by the chip leader from the small blind. Big blind folds, I call. A-J-2 rainbow and he checks. i figured he had a pair at this point, but didn't like the A on board, so I tried to represent AK with a $6000 bet. He reraised all in after a minute or two. I thought for about 2 seconds and fold. He shows A-K and said he was worried about a set of J's until I bet. Overall good experience, and some confidence heading into next Friday's $600 limit event. I can not make the Tuesday $300 shootout, but good luck to anyone playing.
Wait a second, which seat were you in at table 1???
Seat 3. I was the one with the blue shirt who doubled up with the stone cold nuts on the second hand with j10c. Which seat were you?
I was two to your left in the 5 seat. You didnt see that when I talked about raising UTG with 89 then showing. It was you I reraised allin
I was two to your left in the 5 seat. You didnt see that when I talked about raising UTG with 89 then showing. It was you I reraised allin
I re-read the hands, and I recognized them now. I was thrown because I thought that hand was 6-7 of spades. I had a pair of 8's. I wasn't in the tank for 20 minutes though. I liked the move. I had no choice but to put you on a big pair and get rid of mine. I never could have put you on a hand like that.
I re-read the hands, and I recognized them now. I was thrown because I thought that hand was 6-7 of spades. I had a pair of 8's. I wasn't in the tank for 20 minutes though. I liked the move. I had no choice but to put you on a big pair and get rid of mine. I never could have put you on a hand like that.
it was 89.believe me, from my position it took you FOREVER to fold, and the guy next to you even longer. You didnt see my heart pounding out of my chest lol?I know, what did you think of the play other than that?
it was 89.believe me, from my position it took you FOREVER to fold, and the guy next to you even longer. You didnt see my heart pounding out of my chest lol?I know, what did you think of the play other than that?
Other than that I thought you had a tight table image, which you clearly exploited. You definitely didn't get yourself in any tight spots from what I remember. I liked your game. That hand where you had the 77 was sick. I think he would have called any bet. That guy was clueless. The loudmouth in the 10 seat with the white shirt ended up going deep. My friend finished 39th, and I stuck around to watch the action. The kid in the 8 deat did not make the money from what I saw. He was very reckless, so that should not come as a surprise.
Other than that I thought you had a tight table image, which you clearly exploited. You definitely didn't get yourself in any tight spots from what I remember. I liked your game. That hand where you had the 77 was sick. I think he would have called any bet. That guy was clueless. The loudmouth in the 10 seat with the white shirt ended up going deep. My friend finished 39th, and I stuck around to watch the action. The kid in the 8 deat did not make the money from what I saw. He was very reckless, so that should not come as a surprise.
that guy in the white shirt was at my second table 17. He repopped me with QJhearts and flopped the flush. I had JJ. he got shortstacked too. good for him. I absolutely BLEW up in the 300-600 level and finished 75th just out of the money. I really dont remember you playing more than 3 hands other than that J10 hand. I got semi lucky in that 77 hand where I made a running straight, but I think am very sure I had that guy beat from the start.Thank you for the report, sorry you didnt make it deeper.