Turn Play With Big Overpair

In general...SH Limit, board hasn't flushed and a pair didn't flop. We get c/r on the turn, or are 3-bet by a lead. Do we always raise with an overpair to the cards? Only against LAG's? Usually slow down?

In general...SH Limit, board hasn't flushed and a pair didn't flop. We get c/r on the turn, or are 3-bet by a lead. Do we always raise with an overpair to the cards? Only against LAG's? Usually slow down?
I've been getting in a little trouble occasionally with overplaying my overpair on the turn. I think typically, yeah, we need to slow down against "normal" players. Against tricky LAGs who like to check-raise and 3-bet turns with air or crap draws, we've got to keep the pressure on.
I've been getting in a little trouble occasionally with overplaying my overpair on the turn. I think typically, yeah, we need to slow down against "normal" players. Against tricky LAGs who like to check-raise and 3-bet turns with air or crap draws, we've got to keep the pressure on.
I wonder if it's almost break-even. In a session last night I had this situation come up 4 times against 3 different LAGS, and I had the overpair. They all raised the turn, I 3bet, and it came out that one had flopped 2 pair, one had absolute air, one missed a draw, and one had top pair. Meh.
Assuming I raised preflop and Villain did not...If I am check-raised on the turn, I always 3bet my overpair.If I am donk-bet and 3bet, I will still usually push one more time by capping - unless there are 2 facecards on the board.The beauty of raising preflop is that you can usually get rid of most of the lucky 2-pair hands that would have beaten you.So I usually push for value without fearing these hands too much.--cm
The beauty of raising preflop is that you can usually get rid of most of the lucky 2-pair hands that would have beaten you.So I usually push for value without fearing these hands too much.--cm
lol where do you play SHLHE?
lol where do you play SHLHE?
Hero raises with QQUnknown BB defendBoard: J642BB check raises us on the turn.I believe that our preflop raise eliminated the vast majority of the random BB hands that would have gotten lucky with 2 pair.If we raised preflop, assuming that you are now behind here seems weak.No fear.3bet.--cm
Hero raises with QQUnknown BB defendBoard: J642BB check raises us on the turn.I believe that our preflop raise eliminated the vast majority of the random BB hands that would have gotten lucky with 2 pair.If we raised preflop, assuming that you are now behind here seems weak.No fear.3bet.--cm
So if I'm still 3-betting the turn even though I'm more likely to give a villain credit for J6/64/42 sooted than you are, do we agree or disagree?