Taking It Slow (5/10)

I'm feeling lazy, so I didn't do much formatting here. How much do we mind "mixing up" our play in this spot? I'd almost always just go ahead and cap pre-flop if BB had come along or I didn't have the read that I did.Texas Hold'em $5-$10, #1,180,388,080 Seat 2: BlueCobalt ($321.30 in chips) Seat 9: doggydo0 ($382.45 in chips) Seat 10: DSI MIAMI ($388.50 in chips) Cobalt is Button w/ A :D A :club:. Villain has shown a propensity to 3-bet pre-flop and get really aggressive on the turn, playing back at my aggression...and mostly successfully. ANTES/BLINDSdoggydo0 posts blind ($2.50), DSI MIAMI posts blind ($5).PRE-FLOPBlueCobalt bets $10, doggydo0 bets $12.50, DSI MIAMI folds, BlueCobalt calls $5.FLOP [board cards 3C,10S,4C ]doggydo0 bets $5, BlueCobalt calls $5.TURN [board cards 3C,10S,4C,6C ]doggydo0 bets $10, BlueCobalt bets $20, doggydo0 bets $20, BlueCobalt bets $20, doggydo0 calls $10.RIVER [board cards 3C,10S,4C,6C,KS ]doggydo0 checks, BlueCobalt bets $10, doggydo0 calls $10.

Personally i always cap this preflop. I see no point in leaving a bet out there when you could just take it now. Also, if he's been playing back at you, thats all the more reason to play it fast.As played, I love the flop, and i don't care what comes on the turn i'm pumping it.As for the turn cap, you got balls. I'm not sure i would have capped here, but the more i think aboout it, the more i like it.What if a Kc falls on the river and he donks? What about a Tc?Captain Crunch.

I like preflop and flop. I prefer capping but there's nothing wrong w/disguising your hand HUThe turn is really really tricky. I think QQ-AcKs may play it that way. Honestly, once he 3bets I call and call river or bet if he checks. I think once villain 3 bets that turn, you're behind most of hte time righT? I def. cap w/Ac but without it, I don't think you should.river obv is standardAlso, let's say villain is lag. Then wouldn't a cap on the turn actually be pretty correct? Or would we still behind more often than not?

Personally i always cap this preflop. I see no point in leaving a bet out there when you could just take it now. Also, if he's been playing back at you, thats all the more reason to play it fast.
The problem is that I've "trained" him with a pattern. I've been raising, and when he's 3-bet, I haven't really capped very often. Therefore, if I do cap, it's going to significantly narrow my range in his mind to AK/AA/KK/QQ/JJ. If I just call the 3-bet, I can have a much wider variety of hands. Once we've gotten to the turn, I've raise/folded a couple of times...so he certainly thinks he's going to be able to push me off once the bigger bets come out.As for the turn being a club, I was intent on following through with my plan. So basically, I sucked it up, went with my read, and carried out the plan.
The problem is that I've "trained" him with a pattern. I've been raising, and when he's 3-bet, I haven't really capped very often. Therefore, if I do cap, it's going to significantly narrow my range in his mind to AK/AA/KK/QQ/JJ. If I just call the 3-bet, I can have a much wider variety of hands. Once we've gotten to the turn, I've raise/folded a couple of times...so he certainly thinks he's going to be able to push me off once the bigger bets come out.As for the turn being a club, I was intent on following through with my plan. So basically, I sucked it up, went with my read, and carried out the plan.
If you consider him a good enough player to put you on a tighter range based on your "training" than I really like it.

Figured we'd get a bit more discussion out of this one, but in this particular case, villain had JJ (no club) and the plan worked out wonderfully.