Dn Eliminated Already!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Negreanu EliminatedThe player in seat one limps from under the gun, Melissa Hayden raises to $300 and Daniel Negreanu calls. Seat one then reraises to $1,700, Hayden mucks and Negreanu calls. The flop comes Q-6-6, seat one bets $2,500 and Negreanu calls. The turn is the 6x, seat one fires $10,000 and Negreanu pushes all in. Seat one calls and shows queens full of sixes while Negreanu flips over pocket kings. The river is a brick and Negreanu is eliminated from the tournament.

Daniel Negreanu EliminatedThe player in seat one limps from under the gun, Melissa Hayden raises to $300 and Daniel Negreanu calls. Seat one then reraises to $1,700, Hayden mucks and Negreanu calls. The flop comes Q-6-6, seat one bets $2,500 and Negreanu calls. The turn is the 6x, seat one fires $10,000 and Negreanu pushes all in. Seat one calls and shows queens full of sixes while Negreanu flips over pocket kings. The river is a brick and Negreanu is eliminated from the tournament.
I wonder why he wasn't worried about QQ?
Lost to a 2-outer........ his pocket K's against pocket Q's.
its not really a 2-outer, since most of the money went in after it happened.he did get cute with KK, and obviously it worked, just got unlucky.

I wasn't really "getting cute." The blinds were only 25-25 and I didn't think going all in pre-flop was such a good idea. I was planning on losing the smallest pot possible, but my opponent made a very large turn bet that put me in a position where it was all or nothing. He over bet the turn, betting 10,000. I was surprised that he did that with Q-Q. He is a very aggressive, almost wild type of player so I thought he may be trying to represent AA or QQ but actually had a hand like AK. If I re-raised him before the flop, I don't think he was getting away from the hand anyway.

I'll bet he calls pre flop with qq if you move all in Dan. if the guy is just some super aggresive player, i'll bet he doesn't have the ability to throw that away pre flop.

That's just a tough hand, especially considering the amount of the guy's bet. The only way you put him on that hand is if you have a great read on him.It needs to be noted that DN did not lose to a 2-outer though like one of the posters said. Not exactly the way you want to look at poker odds.

I was half joking with the getting cute comment because every time he busts out, people immediately critisize the play. I'm guessing he would have went all the way with QQ even with a preflop raise and he would've went busto anyway. In fact, by not preflop large raising, he gave himself a very small chance to get away from this hand, granted, not a good one. Hate to say it (Because I know how much DN loves it), but That's Poker. :club:

Hmm..I argue the fact that he busts this hand.sure there is no reason to push all his chips preflop, but I would have liked to see a re-raise.also, since you didnt re-raise preflop, the only info you're goin on here is a limp, then re-raise by villain. followed by strong continuation bets.if he is trying to rep AA, he is doin a real good job, which makes me wonder why you couldnt get away from KK on the turn

DN - gotta lose the Leaf jersey - nothing good can happen when you are wearing that thing !
yeah... when was the last time you wore your Grand Rapids Griffins jersey.... 2004?Coincidence?
Hmm..I argue the fact that he busts this hand.sure there is no reason to push all his chips preflop, but I would have liked to see a re-raise.also, since you didnt re-raise preflop, the only info you're goin on here is a limp, then re-raise by villain. followed by strong continuation bets.if he is trying to rep AA, he is doin a real good job, which makes me wonder why you couldnt get away from KK on the turn
good post.
I wasn't really "getting cute." The blinds were only 25-25 and I didn't think going all in pre-flop was such a good idea. I was planning on losing the smallest pot possible, but my opponent made a very large turn bet that put me in a position where it was all or nothing. He over bet the turn, betting 10,000. I was surprised that he did that with Q-Q. He is a very aggressive, almost wild type of player so I thought he may be trying to represent AA or QQ but actually had a hand like AK. If I re-raised him before the flop, I don't think he was getting away from the hand anyway.
What's the deal with people raising to $300 in the first level? I wanted to play small ball the first level yestereday and the first 2 times I raised to 75 I was basically laughed at and reraised to 500..lol. I hate these guys. I recently became a big fan of just smoothcalling PF even with AA in the very early levels trying to lose min and not really pushing action with hands that can break me, I figure they can take my $300 I'd much rather call 1200 with 75s and flop 752...The 1700 re-raise is once again a huge over bet.. I don't get these guys....Lol, yesterday in level one a guy makes it 200 and button calls, flop is K52r or something and the raiser makes it 300, button then insta-raises to 5k, I think to myself "I'd fold AA here, he can take whatever I put in the middle" raiser folds AK and shows, and the 5k doink shows AK :club: ...So based on the fact that Daniel plays more big live tourneys than any of us, I can see why he might get all his chips in with KK here. I however am still too broke and too much of a puss to put go all in the first level with 1 pair in a 10k event.
Agreed. Seems like a case of putting the villain on the hand he wanted him to have, rather then what the action told him. I would think QQ/AA with a slight chance of KK (for obv reasons). _Maybe_ AQ if he was a maniac like DN said he was, but it's not like he was HU with DN, he still had to worry about MH when he made his limp/re-raise.DN was at the table though and obv felt like he had a good read on the guy, unfortunately it didn't work out.
If he isn't getting away from QQ preflop, why aren't you shoving or at least raising? I know you hate the idea of playing big pots preflop, but avoiding 60:40s doesn't seem to be the way to go.After the turn bet, I would just like to think that I am capable of folding there even if he has AK, knowing that it is just too likely that I am drawing to 2 outs versus AA or QQ. If he has AK even 25% of the time, I still can't justify a shove. Putting in 16k more when you only have 4200 invested just seems like a huge spew.That being said, I am the jackass who put in overcall to the raise-reraise-me reraise-fold-shove with KK in the main event, so maybe I'm not the one to talk here.

another factor to consider...how many people would put in their entire stack on a bluff in the first level? (AK would be doing that)So we attribute a real hand then...JJ?...NO....AQ (most likely for a maniac goofball donk) yes....AA..hell yes...QQ...absolutely....a 6? not likely he has one..but yeah...This looks like a wishful thinking hand. (AQ is the only hand he can beat that the villain can realistically have)