Congressman Response

I recently sent a letter to my Congressman concerning the recent online gaming legislation. This guy has no clue. I can guarantee that he is not getting my vote. His response to my email:Thanks for your recent message expressing your frustration with the potential ban on Internet card games as a result of the gambling legislation that the House considered in July. I appreciate hearing from you.This legislation only bans the use of credit cards for playing cards online. You should still be able to play card games online at web sites that offer games that do not involve gambling.Thanks again for writing and please keep in touch.Rep.Peter DeFazioFourth District, OREGON

If the majority of the population actually had a clue about the travesty that is taking place there would be outrage in the streets. Unfortunately, the majority of people just don't get it.

his letter might as well have saiddear concerned citizen:+1Sincerely,Idiot congressman w/ nothing to say.
:club::D:D
If the majority of the population actually had a clue about the travesty that is taking place there would be outrage in the streets. Unfortunately, the majority of people just don't get it.
I think everyone here is in agreement that this is a terrible law that was passed for reasons that only matter for political purposes. But a travesty....outrage in the streets.....come on, lets get a little perspective on what is important in life.

Quoting Mr. DeFazio"This legislation only bans the use of credit cards for playing cards online."Does this mean bank transfers, money orders, etc. are alright? Mr. Defazio, you have no idea about the details of legislation you vote on.Makes me want to move from Oregon to Iowa or Montana...

:club::D :icon_clap:I think everyone here is in agreement that this is a terrible law that was passed for reasons that only matter for political purposes. But a travesty....outrage in the streets.....come on, lets get a little perspective on what is important in life.
This is how I feed my kids here man.... And when i say kids, I mean me and my girlfriend, but still, it's my livlihood they are taking away
:club::D :icon_clap:I think everyone here is in agreement that this is a terrible law that was passed for reasons that only matter for political purposes. But a travesty....outrage in the streets.....come on, lets get a little perspective on what is important in life.
Not b/c its poker but b/c what congress is attempting to do is to control the internet which is a very slippery slope as well as telling adults what they can and cant do with their money. If you thing this is the end of the government looking into your lives then think again.
i don't think anyone had time to read it before they voted on it.
Very interesting article in Rolling Stone this month about just how crappy the congress is. Apparently this congress worked less than any other congress ever. The democrates had little or no say in any bill and the republicans basically just ignored any attempt at actual debate. Its just sickening to see a democracy resorted to authoritarianism rule. like many here i used to be a republican but will never vote that way again and the more i learn the more i wonder how anybody ever could
This is how I feed my kids here man.... And when i say kids, I mean me and my girlfriend, but still, it's my livlihood they are taking away
I haven't stopped playing since the law was signed, have you? I think there are plenty of poker sites out there still allowing US players to play that you should still be able to make a living playing online.
I haven't stopped playing since the law was signed, have you? I think there are plenty of poker sites out there still allowing US players to play that you should still be able to make a living playing online.
I haven't stopped playing online. I also haven't been making money.I readily admit that I am not a great poker player. I have now moved back down in limits and am really reevaluating my play. Forcing me to improve my game could be a good thing in the long run. As it now stands, I have a lot of difficulty finding limit games with greater than 40 % players to the flop (which are the games that even I can beat)
I haven't stopped playing online. I also haven't been making money.I readily admit that I am not a great poker player. I have now moved back down in limits and am really reevaluating my play. Forcing me to improve my game could be a good thing in the long run. As it now stands, I have a lot of difficulty finding limit games with greater than 40 % players to the flop (which are the games that even I can beat)
You might want to consider trying shorthanded limit. Especially at low limits there are some pretty bad players. Of course, you end up in more marginal situations overall, but I think the level of play is worse in shorthanded games than it is in full-ring. At least at the lower limits.