Paying A Traffic Ticket

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a roommate once who decided it would be clever and funny to pay me his entire months rent ($300) in one dollar bills. I decided it would be clever and funny to turn off the hot water in the middle of every shower he took for that month. In January.
Oh my.I love your mind.I'd love other parts too if you'd let me. :club:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that these two ladies who were trying to count the money were total morons....I mean, how hard it it to count to 150? If it was $1,000 it may be a little more time consuming, but $150 is easy and a no-brainer.

I know you watch Family Guy, so you should have gotten thatHe still didnt "pwn" anyone but innocent clerks though
Yes, this is true...but I'll call it intermediary vindication and call it a day. If I could've, I would've taken it to the police department and done it there.And the key thing is, I made a decision: I could either continue to brood over this ticket, go in there, hate paying it, and come out of there still in a bad mood over it, or i can have some fun with it, blow-off some steam, and have a killer story to tell. and that's what a i got.
Unoriginal and very immature.
and, looking at me, impossible.
I would've mailed them an envelope with bloody thumb prints on it. Inside would be a bloody wad of $113, still in a money clip with some else's initials on it, and a check for $37.
that's a potential winner, but nothing beats being there in person to witness the horror.

(Lois finds a note in Chris's pocket)Lois: Huh, what's this? You know Stewie, Mommy doesn't usually read things out of Chris's pocket. She's more respectful than that.Stewie: Whatever helps you sleep at night, bitch.

similar story involving way too much work for a traffic ticketlast year i was pulled over for going "75" in a 40. however, the cop was being nice, and only wrote me up for going 46 in a 40 (i wasnt driving 75, but i wasnt about to fight it as i was probably going 50). He hands me the ticket for $145.50Later that week i mailed in the money ( i paid in cash, which was probably a mistake) and i thought nothing about it.about 3 weeks later, i get a letter from the local courthouse saying that i did not pay the full amount, and that i owe $.50, as in fifty cents. i figured this was quite rediculous, since the courthouse spent more money putting the letter together as well as paying for a stamp for it, just to have me pay them $.50, and also due to the fact that i paid the full amount. i went ahead and sent them fifty pennies just because i felt like it, and then thought nothing more about it.once again, about 3 weeks after i sent in my fifty cents, i get another letter from the courthouse. at this point, im thinking it is some kind of receipt to show that i did pay the ticket. well, instead its another letter saying that i did not pay the full amount of my fine, and that i have two weeks to send them $.05 (yes, that is five cents) they actually broke down the fine, and i forget what was on it, but it showed that i owed like half a cent to one thing, 2/3rds of a cent to another. at first, i thought this was some kind of joke that they felt like playing on me.so i decided that this time, just to be safe, i was going to give them a little extra. i had seven pennies with me at the time, and i figured that would be enough. then i remembered that i had some change left over from my trip to europe the past summer. so then i got to thinking, since the euro is stronger than the dollar, at this point there is no way that they could not receive the whole thing. i finally decided that i would send them the 7 pennies, as well as a bunch of change i had left over (it was something like .18 euros)along with the change i sent them, i also wrote them a letter stating that just to be safe, i wanted to send them some euros, since they cant seem to comprehend out change system. i also gave them the current exchange rate, and i even did the calculations as to how much money i was really giving them just to be safe (it worked out to like 90 cents.once again, a couple of weeks later, i got a letter back from the courthouse, but fortunately, this time it stated that i had paid the amount in full.

As many may remember, in May I got a BS Traffic Ticket. I fought this all the way through court, but the cop literally lied about the entire situation, I told my side of the story, and, the court ruled against me. I had to pay my $150 traffic ticket from running a yellow light.Naturally, I wasn't happy. Nay, I was pissed. I've been putting this off all month (my court date was Sept. 26th). Today, I had to go do it, because I wouldn't have time to any other day.I went to the ATM machine, and got out the $150 to pay the ticket. I was about to head to the courthouse when I saw an Italian restaurant across the street from my bank, and realized I was hungry. So I stop in for some crappy chicken alfredo and a Pepsi.While I was there, I began thinking. Naturally, I'm going to hate walking in there and paying the ticket. I then decided that I could either go in there with a sour look on my face and pay the thing, or I can go in there with a smile on my face, pay the thing, get a little vindication and stress relief, no matter how miniscule, and leave laughing my rear end off. That's when it hit me.After I polished off the chicken alfredo, I went back across the street to my bank with my 7 $20 bills and 1 $10 bill, and walked into the office. Yes, I think you're catching on.Teller: "How may I help you today?"Hanguk: "I have $150 here. Can you exchange these big bills for $1 bills?"Teller: "....sure."She comes back 3 minutes later with 3 $50 wraps of singles. I head out of there, get into my car, unwrap the singles, and stick the entire wad into my pocket. NOW I'm on my way to the courthouse.I get up to the clerks office, who takes my case number, then tells me that the cost is $150.Hanguk: "No problem." *Slam wad of singles onto the counter*Clerk: "............................................... :club::D:D:D:)WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?!"On the fly, I make up this BS story about how my band played a benefit concert to pay off my ticket at a cost of $3 per person, and we got enough to pay it off.She then asks why I didn't exchange it at the bank....Well, who wants to take a big wad of cash to a bank, where those nasty robbers would be standing outside to take that wad? I figure a courthouse is MUCH safer.She's still got that "OMGWTFBBQBARBARASTREISAND!!!1111oneoneniner!" look on her face, as she starts trying to count this wad of money. I think she forgot how, because she started counting, then started over, then started over, THEN CALLS FOR ANOTHER CLERK IN A DIFFERENT OFFICE TO COME OVER TO HELP.While the other clerk is on her way there, she says, and I quote: "Unbelievable. I had JUST went to the bank to get $1 bills." By this point, I am now trying to hold back my laughter, because this is just too much.The second clerk walks over, sees the wad of ones, and gets the same "OMGWTFBBQBARBARASTREISAND!!!1111oneoneniner!" look on her face, which worsens as she's told the story. They then start counting this wad of cash, and I'm dead serious, neither one of them can get over the fact that I'm paying a $150 traffic ticket in nothing but singles. They finally get up to about $50 and say, "I think we're going to come up with one-fifty," prints off my receipt, and tells me to go home and have a nice day.That I will. It's been about 20 minutes now, and I bet they're still counting it.Pwned? Yeah, I think so.
that's great :)
you see, I ACTUALLY THOUGHT ABOUT THIS. But I have loads of other stuff to do today, and I knew this would take forever to count.So I took the easier route to vindication.
I once paid off a $15 school library fine in pennies. Tin can dumped on the counter. Librarian was a **** and deserved it. She filed a police report because my junior year I wrote a fable that was obviously based on her...except she was a giant beaver or some ****, and I ended up slaying her in the end. Anyway... Got called to the principals office and he asked me how should they know all $15 were there, and that I'd have to count them to verify they were all there. He told me he had to do something, but I was welcome to put them in easily recognizable stacks of whatever to prove it was $15.So I put them on his floor, 1 high, 30 rows by 50 columns and left. Never heard anything about it again.Now that is pwnage.
(Lois finds a note in Chris's pocket)Lois: Huh, what's this? You know Stewie, Mommy doesn't usually read things out of Chris's pocket. She's more respectful than that.Stewie: Whatever helps you sleep at night, bitch.
lol...ok, but I think that reference is a little obscure, meaning you know it when you say it, but reading it cold across the internet it comes off a little mean.
I once paid off a $15 school library fine in pennies. Tin can dumped on the counter. Librarian was a **** and deserved it. She filed a police report because my junior year I wrote a fable that was obviously based on her...except she was a giant beaver or some ****, and I ended up slaying her in the end. Anyway... Got called to the principals office and he asked me how should they know all $15 were there, and that I'd have to count them to verify they were all there. He told me he had to do something, but I was welcome to put them in easily recognizable stacks of whatever to prove it was $15.So I put them on his floor, 1 high, 30 rows by 50 columns and left. Never heard anything about it again.Now that is pwnage.
Wow...just wow...I vote story of the year here. Well done sir, very well done.
similar story involving way too much work for a traffic ticketlast year i was pulled over for going "75" in a 40. however, the cop was being nice, and only wrote me up for going 46 in a 40 (i wasnt driving 75, but i wasnt about to fight it as i was probably going 50). He hands me the ticket for $145.50Later that week i mailed in the money ( i paid in cash, which was probably a mistake) and i thought nothing about it.about 3 weeks later, i get a letter from the local courthouse saying that i did not pay the full amount, and that i owe $.50, as in fifty cents. i figured this was quite rediculous, since the courthouse spent more money putting the letter together as well as paying for a stamp for it, just to have me pay them $.50, and also due to the fact that i paid the full amount. i went ahead and sent them fifty pennies just because i felt like it, and then thought nothing more about it.once again, about 3 weeks after i sent in my fifty cents, i get another letter from the courthouse. at this point, im thinking it is some kind of receipt to show that i did pay the ticket. well, instead its another letter saying that i did not pay the full amount of my fine, and that i have two weeks to send them $.05 (yes, that is five cents) they actually broke down the fine, and i forget what was on it, but it showed that i owed like half a cent to one thing, 2/3rds of a cent to another. at first, i thought this was some kind of joke that they felt like playing on me.so i decided that this time, just to be safe, i was going to give them a little extra. i had seven pennies with me at the time, and i figured that would be enough. then i remembered that i had some change left over from my trip to europe the past summer. so then i got to thinking, since the euro is stronger than the dollar, at this point there is no way that they could not receive the whole thing. i finally decided that i would send them the 7 pennies, as well as a bunch of change i had left over (it was something like .18 euros)along with the change i sent them, i also wrote them a letter stating that just to be safe, i wanted to send them some euros, since they cant seem to comprehend out change system. i also gave them the current exchange rate, and i even did the calculations as to how much money i was really giving them just to be safe (it worked out to like 90 cents.once again, a couple of weeks later, i got a letter back from the courthouse, but fortunately, this time it stated that i had paid the amount in full.
You sent cash in the mail? :club:

Funny stuff...Last year someone got me a "take a penny if you need one, take two...get a job" tray for my desk. I kept it there for a while until....meh...not gonna do itposting my nonsense would only serve to give this thread a black eyeagain, good job sir

Librarian was a **** and deserved it. She filed a police report because my junior year I wrote a fable that was obviously based on her...except she was a giant beaver or some ****, and I ended up slaying her in the end. Anyway...
:club: