***official 2007 Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure Thread***

so uhhh pmj what is the ganja situation in atlantis?NEVER TOO EARLY TO START PREPARING
Fairly easy to find and buy if you remotely try. Bake some cookies and bring em along and you should be fine until you find some.
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so uhhh pmj what is the ganja situation in atlantis?NEVER TOO EARLY TO START PREPARING
Well, I wouldn't smoke anything local unless I was really desperate. I'm kind of a snob when it comes to pot. ;-)Are you bringing someone? Tell them if they want to go, they are your mule. :-) Seriously though, there are ways to come prepared.
Well, I wouldn't smoke anything local unless I was really desperate. I'm kind of a snob when it comes to pot. ;-)Are you bringing someone? Tell them if they want to go, they are your mule. :-) Seriously though, there are ways to come prepared.
lol at being a weed snob. i'm starting to investigate this whole situation real early so i can plan if i do need to come strapped. you ever done it? had friends that have? the idea of bringing weed on an international fight is not one i cherish....
lol at being a weed snob. i'm starting to investigate this whole situation real early so i can plan if i do need to come strapped.
If I win a seat, my mule from Aruba will probably come with me again. LOL, he says he's good luck and he offered his mule services once again.If I have to pay to stay, then get backed in whatever I want to play, he's SOL unless he wants to pay his own way.
lol at being a weed snob. i'm starting to investigate this whole situation real early so i can plan if i do need to come strapped. you ever done it? had friends that have? the idea of bringing weed on an international fight is not one i cherish....
Ive done it multiple times. PM/IM me for secrets/advice.
Ive done it multiple times. PM/IM me for secrets/advice.
Ya, same here. Every year I go to Kauai and bring, and we brought to Aruba. Pre - 911 was pretty easy, but now you have to be more careful.IM me later and I'll compare advice with what Hoos says. ;-)
Ya, same here. Every year I go to Kauai and bring, and we brought to Aruba. Pre - 911 was pretty easy, but now you have to be more careful.IM me later and I'll compare advice with what Hoos says. ;-)
werd.. get on aim, jerk
lol at being a weed snob. i'm starting to investigate this whole situation real early so i can plan if i do need to come strapped. you ever done it? had friends that have? the idea of bringing weed on an international flight is not one i cherish ....
What could happen? If you're nice, they might let you take your iPod with you. See below:dan%20in%20jail.jpg
What could happen? If you're nice, they might let you take your iPod with you. See below:
well looks like i found a mule who has done this before (one of my good friends) so all appears to be solved...
that would be major pimpness, Stars is offering vacation packages and they said they would email me when the information becomes available. I will post it here when I get it. If I could pay for a vacation with Neteller, that would be awesome.
i'd be interested in this when you know
better yet, get someone coming from a non-US country (aka canada) to bring some. security probably won't be as bad, especially if you are of non-caucasian descent. (sorry bkice, but its true!)
I went 2 years ago and stayed at the hotel right next to Atlantis. (RIU Hotel, special on Orbitz) I was closer to the poker room than anyone else who stayed at the main hotel, had an all inclusive package and payed half :)Hope to see you all there!
if im not mistaken, the RIU in Cancun was really really nicejust thought id add my opinion
security probably won't be as bad, especially if you are of non-caucasian descent. (sorry bkice, but its true!)
meh... i've flown a ton over my lifetime and don't really feel like i'm "randomly selected" more often than anyone else. i do look completely american despite my brown skin, maybe that has something to do with it, but i've never really noticed any racism. however, none of that matters, because i have already found a mule... hell, i might even have two mules, lol, i am gonna be there for a week after all... anyways, this is just a shameless bump... how's the qualifying going everyone? anyone satellited into the $650 saturday tourney or anything?
meh... i've flown a ton over my lifetime and don't really feel like i'm "randomly selected" more often than anyone else. i do look completely american despite my brown skin, maybe that has something to do with it, but i've never really noticed any racism. however, none of that matters, because i have already found a mule... hell, i might even have two mules, lol, i am gonna be there for a week after all... anyways, this is just a shameless bump... how's the qualifying going everyone? anyone satellited into the $650 saturday tourney or anything?
I hate satellites. Im thinking about putting aside $800 per week in cash/tourney winnings until the trip to fund the buy-in. I will still probably play 1 or 2 of the $650s though.
anyways, this is just a shameless bump... how's the qualifying going everyone? anyone satellited into the $650 saturday tourney or anything?
I played a DS the other night, won my first table, and came close to throwing my laptop at the 2nd. :-) I was up to 2k after like 3 hands thanks to AA, and saw an AhXhXh flop with QhTh. Somehow random Stars donkey puts all his chips in on the flop with the bare Kh and obv hits on the river.Then that scumbag -bbj- starts railing on me for no reason, celebrates when my AK loses to TT, etc. Very annoying end lol. Heh, I mentioned -bbj- to Bax and he said something like '-BBJ- is total scum; only player on Stars who's chat I have blocked'. LOL.Anyway, end whine.

I'll play sats...I'll probably end up going and buying in once I brick 100 double shootouts like I did for the wsop. I might not get to party as much and have to pay extra though because it's my mom's bday on newyears and I haven't gotten her anything with my winnings, so I might just be a good son and take her there for a week during newyears and days of the event. If I end up buying in I wont be able to afford so I might just go for the event. I should just win niagara and not have to worry about it though :club:.PS, It would be sweet to get an aussie seat and just fly from the Atlantis to Australia.

I hate satellites. Im thinking about putting aside $800 per week in cash/tourney winnings until the trip to fund the buy-in. I will still probably play 1 or 2 of the $650s though.
i plan on playing some more satellites and winning hopefully winning another seat or two... wanna buy a seat off me if i win another and you don't win one?
i plan on playing some more satellites and winning hopefully winning another seat or two... wanna buy a seat off me if i win another and you don't win one?
Discount?
PS, It would be sweet to get an aussie seat and just fly from the Atlantis to Australia.
I soooo want to do this. However it will be hard considering Im not backed and dont feel like dropping a chitload on satellites for both events.We need to get backed by someone only for satellites/tourneys per request. : )
Discount?
i figure there's something we can work out where you get your seat cheaper than you would and i would sell my $W for more than i could elsewhere... thank god my micro econ teacher taught me how trade can benefit both sides! or would you want the 3k in hotel/food?
Discount?I soooo want to do this. However it will be hard considering Im not backed and dont feel like dropping a chitload on satellites for both events.We need to get backed by someone only for satellites/tourneys per request. : )
Just play a ton of cash and you wont feel the impact of sat's....-sidenote- the niagara event had like every regular 5/10 and 10/20 from bdog....The kid who's 3rd or 4th in chips is the guy with the florida gators avatar.. I forget the s/n but I'm sure you've played w/ him a bunch. I guess his top two call in the biggest action pot I've ever seen, made sense when I noticed he had a bodog jacket on.
i figure there's something we can work out where you get your seat cheaper than you would and i would sell my $W for more than i could elsewhere... thank god my micro econ teacher taught me how trade can benefit both sides! or would you want the 3k in hotel/food?
Additional seats gets you $10k in W$ and 2k in cash.
Just play a ton of cash and you wont feel the impact of sat's....-sidenote- the niagara event had like every regular 5/10 and 10/20 from bdog....The kid who's 3rd or 4th in chips is the guy with the florida gators avatar.. I forget the s/n but I'm sure you've played w/ him a bunch. I guess his top two call in the biggest action pot I've ever seen, made sense when I noticed he had a bodog jacket on.
I keep avatars off, so I only know ppl by handle. I wonder if Bodog sponsored these guys or if they just won their satellite on Bodog.Because if they are sponsored...I need to talk with them.
thank god my micro econ teacher taught me how trade can benefit both sides!
speaking of that...been meaning to ask you. do you go to u of i? p.s. i went there.
speaking of that...been meaning to ask you. do you go to u of i? p.s. i went there.
yes, i go to the u of i. i also went to elementary, middle, and high school in urbana (high school at uni high on campus). my parents both teach business here... ever have a finance or business administration class with a professor seth?