This might sound a little bit ****-ish, and believe me that it's not intended to be at all, but do you think that maybe if you focused your free time spent posting here on maybe thinking up some ways to improve processes or even your own personal performance at your job that maybe you wouldn't have gotten passed up for that promotion? Obviously I don't know the conditions of your work environment but I do know that initiative goes a long way, especially when being considered for raises/promotions. Just a thought. I'd move back in with the 'rents if they'd let you stay for free and build up a BR to go crush a juicy game. Ignore your father as much as possible and keep the gambling away from your mom. Easy for me to say once again, because I know nothing about how serious it is/could be, but just an option to explore. I wish you the best of luck, I know how it is.
Oh trust me I've thought long and hard. I've sat down plenty of times with the managers of this store and I guess age is a big issue. I mean they're literally asking me to train the managers with my knowledge!"Hey were going to be bringing someone in to be the parts manager and your going to need to show them the ropes and stuff so they can get the hang of it, mmmmm k?"Seriously I was going to slap her!This is what I heard:"Hey were bringing someone in who knows absolutely nothing! AND You're going to have to teach her how to be just as good as you. Oh and, your not getting a raise AND she will be making more money than you. On top of that your going to need to listen to every command she says because she's your manager"Dude, so dramatic. Now I commute to another store 30 minutes away just so I don't have to be **** on.Yeah the parents things is definitly an option it's just hard to go back to Mom's rules.Thanks for the response man everything is appreciated.

Oh God, I definitely know what that's like. It's the same thing at my office, and pretty much the same situation. I've almost been here a year now, but I'm only 19, so of course I'm the one doing all the 'grunt' work (it's relatively simple for me, but it's complicated to the other people). I just recently got my own place too, so I can definitely relate with the mom's rules stuff too. It'd only be for a month or two though until you could BR yourself up to something more managable.

Oh trust me I've thought long and hard. I've sat down plenty of times with the managers of this store and I guess age is a big issue. I mean they're literally asking me to train the managers with my knowledge!"Hey were going to be bringing someone in to be the parts manager and your going to need to show them the ropes and stuff so they can get the hang of it, mmmmm k?"Seriously I was going to slap her!This is what I heard:"Hey were bringing someone in who knows absolutely nothing! AND You're going to have to teach her how to be just as good as you. Oh and, your not getting a raise AND she will be making more money than you. On top of that your going to need to listen to every command she says because she's your manager"Dude, so dramatic. Now I commute to another store 30 minutes away just so I don't have to be **** on.Yeah the parents things is definitly an option it's just hard to go back to Mom's rules. If that's the case you need to be playing the low limit NL game at Pechanga, fish soup. Thanks for the response man everything is appreciated.
Escondido eh? What high school did you go to?
If you guys havn't noticed I can work at my current job and post ALL day long on here w/o interruptions. {...} I've been lined up to be manager 3 times and got the shaft each time. Probably because I'm so young.
yeah, that's it.( darn you Bear187..stole my thunder )************and go back to the parents.JV's aren't so tough to live withThey're gone all day door knocking in my 'hood anyway.
yeah, that's it.( darn you Bear187..stole my thunder )************and go back to the parents.JV's aren't so tough to live withThey're gone all day door knocking in my 'hood anyway.
lol, thanks for the advice.
"Hey were bringing someone in who knows absolutely nothing! AND You're going to have to teach her how to be just as good as you. Oh and, your not getting a raise AND she will be making more money than you. On top of that your going to need to listen to every command she says because she's your manager"
that happens to everyone at every job.
SP for 2 years, then private school for the other 2. I live in Escondido right now though, over by Lake Hodges.
Well it looks like we HAVE to get a house game together or go hit up Sycuan or something!I live right by Toyota of Escondido, more towards El Norte though and on Escondido Blvd. not Lincoln lol. Confusing enough?San Pasqual huh? You know the logo on the football helmet? My Mom drew that when she went there. My uncle was a big football player there too.PM me we'll get together and play.
that happens to everyone at every job.
Thanks for the hope.

Go to college. Pick a useful major that will get you a good job right out of school. Maybe be a nurse. RNs make at least $30 an hour to start in most places. There are a lot of male nurses these days too.Play poker for fun, not for a living.

Go to college. Pick a useful major that will get you a good job right out of school. Maybe be a nurse. RNs make at least $30 an hour to start in most places. There are a lot of male nurses these days too.Play poker for fun, not for a living.
Interesting suggestion. I guess you are a nurse?
Interesting suggestion. I guess you are a nurse?
My wife is. She had a lot of male classmates and has male coworkers though. I've thought about doing it myself, but I decided to go to pharmacy school. It takes longer, but the money is even better when you start.
Well, I have tons of ideas for careers. My initial plan was to go to school to become a Physical Therapy Assistant which is what my Dad's profession is. The money is fairly good. Great idea though. Many of my friends are Filipino and you can guess what professions they all chose.How much are you paying for your schooling?
all us San Diego boys have to get together and get a game going.
ANYTIME ricker. Lets figure it out man. We can play a house game or we can all go down to Barona and have them open up a $1/3 NL table.I'm getting ... excited ... :club:
Well, I have tons of ideas for careers. My initial plan was to go to school to become a Physical Therapy Assistant which is what my Dad's profession is. The money is fairly good. Great idea though. Many of my friends are Filipino and you can guess what professions they all chose.How much are you paying for your schooling?
My wife is Filipino. lol Yeah nursing is dominated by Filipinos, at least in California.Right now I'm just getting my prereqs at a local community college, so I'm not paying too much. I'm also taking a Pharm Tech course, so I'll be able to work in a pharmacy in a few months while I'm in school. School will be expensive in the next few years, but it will be worth it. Pharmacists start at at least $100k/year.
My wife is Filipino. lol Yeah nursing is dominated by Filipinos, at least in California.Right now I'm just getting my prereqs at a local community college, so I'm not paying too much. I'm also taking a Pharm Tech course, so I'll be able to work in a pharmacy in a few months while I'm in school. School will be expensive in the next few years, but it will be worth it. Pharmacists start at at least $100k/year.
I could have called that your wife was of the pacific islander decent, lol.100k isn't bad at all! You need at least to make that much to live in California w/o any problems.Good luck w/ all the schooling, hopefully i'll be there soon.
Well, I have tons of ideas for careers. My initial plan was to go to school to become a Physical Therapy Assistant which is what my Dad's profession is. The money is fairly good. Great idea though. Many of my friends are Filipino and you can guess what professions they all chose.How much are you paying for your schooling?ANYTIME ricker. Lets figure it out man. We can play a house game or we can all go down to Barona and have them open up a $1/3 NL table.I'm getting ... excited ... :club:
Yea, let's get something going on. Everyone can come but Ricker.
Yea, let's get something going on. Everyone can come but Ricker.
LOL, alright, rickers out! HAHAWe'll PM for all the details, who has a big *** house w/ a nice garage?***EDIT***I've got a buddy with amazing chips and who doesn't have a table top they bought off ebay?