Guitar Hero

I know this game is a little old but I just started playing it with my friends and this game is fun. If you are into rock/alternative music then you will like this game. Has anyone played it? Does anyone here pwn or suck?

I've been really starting to get into this game since I started college. Lots of my friends play it, and I personally love it because I'm huge into music(rock, alternative and classic rock) and also unable to play real guitar. I am pretty good now for not having the game. I can beat about half the songs on Hard now and every song on Medium. I have a few friends who have had it forever and can beat every song on Expert which is insane because Bark at the Moon, Texas Flood, and Cowboys from Hell are crazy fast/hard. Definetly can't wait for guitar hero 2, some of the songs for it are going to be amazing. Off the top of my head there's.......Sweet Child o'Mine, Shout at the Devil, Heart Shaped Box, Carry on Wayward Son, Cherry Pie, War Pigs, Crazy on You and ofcourse FREEBIRD!!! Rocking that song alone will make this game amazing.

I've been really starting to get into this game since I started college. Lots of my friends play it, and I personally love it because I'm huge into music(rock, alternative and classic rock) and also unable to play real guitar. I am pretty good now for not having the game. I can beat about half the songs on Hard now and every song on Medium. I have a few friends who have had it forever and can beat every song on Expert which is insane because Bark at the Moon, Texas Flood, and Cowboys from Hell are crazy fast/hard. Definetly can't wait for guitar hero 2, some of the songs for it are going to be amazing. Off the top of my head there's.......Sweet Child o'Mine, Shout at the Devil, Heart Shaped Box, Carry on Wayward Son, Cherry Pie, War Pigs, Crazy on You and ofcourse FREEBIRD!!! Rocking that song alone will make this game amazing.
QFMFT I'm in the same boat, I can't play guitar but I can rock out with this game. I figured you'd be responding to this since you had the Axel Rose avatar and all. This game is crazy addicting. I can beat all the levels of Medium and most of Hard too. My friend plays on expert, but he hasn't beaten all of them yet. I rememeber when I first started out playing, (4 days ago) Red/Blue was the worst combo to do, for me at least.
QFMFT I'm in the same boat, I can't play guitar but I can rock out with this game. I figured you'd be responding to this since you had the Axel Rose avatar and all. This game is crazy addicting. I can beat all the levels of Medium and most of Hard too. My friend plays on expert, but he hasn't beaten all of them yet. I rememeber when I first started out playing, (4 days ago) Red/Blue was the worst combo to do, for me at least.
I had trouble with Red/Blue atfirst also. Atfirst I tried not moving my hand, and attempting to hit Red/Blue with my middle/pinky but I learned that to be too difficult for me. Instead I just slide my hand down and use the index/ring combo just like when you hit Yellow/Green. Try that out and see if it works. Sometimes it's just too difficult to keep up with, but songs like IronMan and Smoke on the Water, it works like a charm. The songs I have trouble with are the really fast songs and songs that have the Yellow, Yellow+Green, Yellow schemes. It's too hard for me to keep switching off when it goes soo fast. Orange isn't too hard to hit aslong as you don't have to combo it with another color, then it's pretty hard. In Guitar Hero 2, there are supposedly 3 note chords to hit on the higher levels but nothing crazy like a Yellow-Orange chord.

guitar hero rocks - i cant seem to beat crossroads on hard though =(...granted i havent tried in a solid 2 weeks but my friend is a monster and experts bark at the moon and all that --- guitar hero 2 will have some sweet multiplayer action

*cough* A Video Game Thread *cough*Oh, and can anyone do hammer-ons/pull-offs? I can do it in the practice, but I've never really gotten it down in actual songs.Wandigo, it's a guitar-playing game for PS2 (it has a large guitar-shaped controller). Think Dance Dance Revolution...but guitarized.

I was thinking about buying a PS2 and Guitar Hero for my hubby for Christmas. Is Guitar Hero 2 coming out soon? Will it be out before Christmas? Should I get him both?Also, does anyone know the name of the karaoke game for PS2? The one where you sing along?Also, what can I expect to pay for the unit and each of the games?

I was thinking about buying a PS2 and Guitar Hero for my hubby for Christmas. Is Guitar Hero 2 coming out soon? Will it be out before Christmas? Should I get him both?Also, does anyone know the name of the karaoke game for PS2? The one where you sing along?Also, what can I expect to pay for the unit and each of the games?
Someone's a lazybones...Guitar Hero 2 comes out November 7th.The karaoke game is Karaoke Revolution (there are several in the series) by Konami.A PS2 w/ a controller costs around $130.Games typically cost $30-$50 (new) depending on how new/popular they are.
Someone's a lazybones...Guitar Hero 2 comes out November 7th.The karaoke game is Karaoke Revolution (there are several in the series) by Konami.A PS2 w/ a controller costs around $130.Games typically cost $30-$50 (new) depending on how new/popular they are.
I truly truly am lazy. Thanks for indulging me.Would I be completely awesome to buy Guitar Hero 1 and 2 or is just 2 the best bet?Also, are the guitar controller and the microphone controller (for Karaoke Revolution) a separate cost as well?

a bunch of people played it on my floor last year but I still have no clue how they got addicted to it.. It looked so crappy and boring.

I've never tried this game, because as a guitar player, I feel like it would annoy me with it's lack of actual guitar nuances. That said, Parappa the Rapper > Guitar hero AINEC

This game is super addicting, especially while high. It is the ultimate positive reinforcement game. It took me a day to get through hard and another to get through most of Expert. Cowboys From Hell and Bark at the Moon are a *****. I finally 5 starred Godzilla, so I have only a few more songs to 5 Star (and CFH and BATM aren't happening as I can only barely surive those...stupid double picking).My friend and I (who are both good guitarists) have determined that Hammer-ons and Pull-offs are fairly broken in this game. It is almost always easier to just pick each note. GH2 has an improved system that we both noticed right away. Can't wait until next month!

a bunch of people played it on my floor last year but I still have no clue how they got addicted to it.. It looked so crappy and boring.
Did you play it? Like I said, if you don't play guitar but you love rock/alternative music, this game is for you.
Oh, and can anyone do hammer-ons/pull-offs? I can do it in the practice, but I've never really gotten it down in actual songs.
Bah...hammer-ons, pull offs....sooooooooooooooo Kindergarten school.

I play the guitar (the real kind). Been playing for about 10 years. I tried this game, and it was okay. Probably because I've been playing the real thing for so long. I do think this game could be extremely fun for me if I was under the influence.I play the guitar (the real kind). Been playing for about 10 years. I tried this game, and it was okay. Probably because I've been playing the real thing for so long. I do think this game could be extremely fun for me if I was under the influence.

I truly truly am lazy. Thanks for indulging me.Would I be completely awesome to buy Guitar Hero 1 and 2 or is just 2 the best bet?Also, are the guitar controller and the microphone controller (for Karaoke Revolution) a separate cost as well?
Guitar Hero 1 and 2 are $70 but you get a game and giant guitar controller. The price of Guitar Hero 1 might drop a little when 2 comes out. One of the most exciting things about GH2 will be the co-op play. You can take your GH1 controller along with the 2nd one and jam on songs together. I don't know if one player is playing different notes then the other, if so then it will be truly amazing. One guy playing the rhythm guitar and other guy playing lead would be sooo awesome.
This game is super addicting, especially while high. It is the ultimate positive reinforcement game. It took me a day to get through hard and another to get through most of Expert. Cowboys From Hell and Bark at the Moon are a *****. I finally 5 starred Godzilla, so I have only a few more songs to 5 Star (and CFH and BATM aren't happening as I can only barely surive those...stupid double picking).My friend and I (who are both good guitarists) have determined that Hammer-ons and Pull-offs are fairly broken in this game. It is almost always easier to just pick each note. GH2 has an improved system that we both noticed right away. Can't wait until next month!
I was definetely high as hell the first time I played this game and I couldn't get that shxt down at all but it was definetely addicting
Guitar Hero 1 and 2 are $70 but you get a game and giant guitar controller. The price of Guitar Hero 1 might drop a little when 2 comes out. One of the most exciting things about GH2 will be the co-op play. You can take your GH1 controller along with the 2nd one and jam on songs together. I don't know if one player is playing different notes then the other, if so then it will be truly amazing. One guy playing the rhythm guitar and other guy playing lead would be sooo awesome.
You can play two-player in GH1. We bought an extra guitar just for that actually. The patterns are the same (you hit the same notes in a fairly symmetrical order), but they alternate back and forth on the lead. It's not exactly "co-op" since you can't advance through the game in that mode, you can't fail songs, and you both have to play on the same level of difficulty (which is a pain), but it's fun nonetheless.
You can play two-player in GH1. We bought an extra guitar just for that actually. The patterns are the same (you hit the same notes in a fairly symmetrical order), but they alternate back and forth on the lead. It's not exactly "co-op" since you can't advance through the game in that mode, you can't fail songs, and you both have to play on the same level of difficulty (which is a pain), but it's fun nonetheless.
I know you can play 2 player on GH1, but as you said you can't play co-op. On GH2, this isn't the case, you can play co-op which is a new feature.