Pat Tillman Patriotic?

That's the biggest bunch of bullshit I've read in a long while. The slanted penguin must be the national bird of France.I reserve the right to rant more later, but I wanted to be the first to call B.S.

Ehh, I wouldn't get so worked up about it. All he's accusing Pat of is being patriotically inefficient, which is undoubtedly a pretty stupid argument. If Tillman were an entrepreneural thinker, I doubt he'd be in the NFL to begin with. He went with what he knew, which is running full speed into danger... why fault the guy for being inefficient?

You guys I think are sort of missing the point here. He's not saying Tillman isn't a hero, or that he somehow did something wrong. he just did an economic cost benefit analysis of him going into the army, or the possible activities he may have foregone. I'ts sort of silly, but not really disrespectful or indignant.

How is $30,000 going to induce these 100 perfect male specimens to enlist in the army ? If they were courageous enough to enlist, they would have already done so. If they didn't already have it in them, are they going to be the most effective soldier ?That said........the entire premise of the article is rude and disrespectful to the memory of someone who died trying to do "the right thing." I don't think the author understands what a hero is.

You guys I think are sort of missing the point here. He's not saying Tillman isn't a hero, or that he somehow did something wrong. he just did an economic cost benefit analysis of him going into the army, or the possible activities he may have foregone. I'ts sort of silly, but not really disrespectful or indignant.
The economic cost basis would mean there would be no doctors or nurses over there to help any of the injured
How is $30,000 going to induce these 100 perfect male specimens to enlist in the army ? If they were courageous enough to enlist, they would have already done so. If they didn't already have it in them, are they going to be the most effective soldier ?That said........the entire premise of the article is rude and disrespectful to the memory of someone who died trying to do "the right thing." I don't think the author understands what a hero is.The economic cost basis would mean there would be no doctors or nurses over there to help any of the injured
, Oh, it's absolutely stupid, I don't disagree. I'm saying the guy is just being dumb, not disrespectul or offensive.
Ehh, I wouldn't get so worked up about it. All he's accusing Pat of is being patriotically inefficient, which is undoubtedly a pretty stupid argument. If Tillman were an entrepreneural thinker, I doubt he'd be in the NFL to begin with. He went with what he knew, which is running full speed into danger... why fault the guy for being inefficient?
I pretty much agree with that except I dont think its all that stupid. What the author was trying to say is that if Tillman wanted to maximize the potential benifit he could provide to the country over the long term, he might have been able to best achieve that by staying in the NFL and using his money for causes that he believed in. That makes sense if we are a bunch of logical thinking Vulcans, but the argument does miss the human element. Tillman has the right to choose how he wants to support a cause. I happen not to agree with Tillman's decision, but that's not my choice to make.

1. Sure because lots of Americans in the history of our country had their own militia that they paid for and sent out to help fight a war2. One of the cool things about Pat Tillman was that he had money and forsook more to fight. Usually the poor people fight our wars - In the civil war you could actually pay to not have fight in the war. We all know how George Bush got out of the war due to his wealth and influence. If the guy would have just made the economic argument as if he wished he had pitched it to Tillman - but calling him unpatriotic for not coming up with this crackpot idea himself is pretty stupid and repugnant

wrong. Look at the title. Patrick Tillman, We Hardly Knew Ye... (Thank God)

I have no problem with this point of view. I think he's right. It seems like the kind of thing I would've written a year ago, before life crushed me, but I would have made it funnier. Clearly no one thinks there's anything WRONG with what he did, but it wasn't some selfless sacrifice. Money isn't the only incentive a job can offer.

wrong. Look at the title. Patrick Tillman, We Hardly Knew Ye... (Thank God)
He's clearly being intentionally inflammatory. He thinks it's funny. I think it's funny.
I have no problem with this point of view. I think he's right. It seems like the kind of thing I would've written a year ago, before life crushed me, but I would have made it funnier. Clearly no one thinks there's anything WRONG with what he did, but it wasn't some selfless sacrifice. Money isn't the only incentive a job can offer.He's clearly being intentionally inflammatory. He thinks it's funny. I think it's funny.
Noam, youre a commie.

I am a antiwar liberal, but Pat Tillman is one of the good guys. He believed what his government told him... that his counrty was in trouble and he wanted to do anything in his power to stop it. The fact that people want to bash a dead man just to get hits on his blog (the only logical reasoning) is a jackass. This really makes me mad.